“Great Service, large and quiet rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Old Town

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Old Town to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Old Town
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3275 N. Drinkwater Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Frankfurt, Germany
“Great Service, large and quiet rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Justin is a very nice and friendly helpful person at the front desk. He took good care of us.
The room was spacious and quiet. We couldn't hear anything from the outside, above or the hallway.
The lady at check-out (I'm sorry, I forgot her name) was very nice as well.
Overall, just a good place to stay at and in the future I will stay at the Comfort Suites Old Town again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I was at this property recently for a getaway weekend and it was perfect. The room was clean, and the beds were really comfortable. And even more importantly, the room a/c worked really well. We were in a 2 queen suite and the room was just the right size, not too cramped with the amount of furniture in the room.

The location is great, only a couple miles from the heart of Old Town. There are also a handful of restaurants nearby that are walkable. Their indoor pool is a fantastic amenity in the middle of a Scottsdale summer.

Check in was easy and quick, and every staff member I came across was friendly. Every time I passed a housekeeper I was greeted, which as a hotel employee myself I valued as an extra commitment to service.

My only complaint is the microwave is pretty tiny and effectively burnt the bag of my microwave popcorn, yet only managed to pop 3 kernels. And seeing as how that was my only issue, I can't complain too much.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and plan to return anytime I need a hotel in Scottsdale.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We made a guys trip to Arizona and stayed here from June 19-22. The hotel was clean and service was great. I found the beds and pillows to be very comfortable and I slept well during my stay. We also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub on the main floor; more so the swimming pool considering it was 108F outside while we were there! We never enjoyed the breakfast in the mornings because we were waking up late but I'm sure it would have been good like the other choice hotels I've stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

As a Guest Service Supervisor in a five star hotel in Hollywood, I am always very OCD when I stay at other properties. I check everything from cleanliness, to the quality of the bed, to the service of the staff, all the way down to the dust level on the furniture. Excluding the guest service and talking strictly of the hotels amenities, this is clearly a 2 star hotel. Of course there is nothing wrong with that as long as the room is clean and the beds are comfy, which they most definitely were! In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever slept in a Comfort Suite bed that was as comfy as these!

The guest service, however, was 5 stars! Between my pesky phone calls prior to my arrival to the moment I checked in, Hollie was extremely helpful and very accommodating with anything my colleague and I needed. They even let my colleague borrow an iPhone 4 charger while we were there. And when they did not have something we needed (contact solution) she was very quick to find an alternative which happened to be a Walgreens just a five minute walk from the hotel.

When we returned to the room from Walgreens, we received a phone call from Hollie simply checking up on us to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. Most hotels in this category do not do that which just proves their higher level of service!

Later that night I became acquainted with Alonso who spent a great deal of time helping my colleague and I find the best dinner accommodations for our preference. We went through two maps of the area and several Yelp searches before we found a place we were happy with. Alonso was adamant on helping us until we were happy with our decision. You should check out Bootleggers Smokehouse. It's only a 10 minute walk and the food is out of this world!

I couldn't sleep that night (traveling does that to me) so I went down to the lobby around 2AM and had a very nice conversation with Hollie. In a lot of hotels I've stayed in, the staff does not always seem like they want to socialize. To me, feeling at home is the most important part of the stay because if the staff makes you feel unwelcomed, then why stay there? Fortunately, I felt very much at home.

The next morning my colleague and I left around 5AM to go hike Camelback Mountain (the reason we were staying in Scottsdale and I highly recommend the hike) and Hollie was still there! But despite her long hours, any sign of fatigue went unnoticed due to her unchanging great guest service!

The entire staff always smiled and they were all very friendly. They even let us enjoy some of the continental breakfast 30 minutes after it had closed!

All in all, it was a short but enjoyable trip. The location was great for our needs, the hotel was comfy (great indoor Jacuzzi), and the staff was impeccable.

Thanks guys!

-Tucker

Room Tip: We had a view behind the hotel and I would have actually preferred a room facing the parking lot due...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Greetings Ireviewmylife!

Firstly, allow me to apologize that it has taken me much longer than expected to reply to your review. I try to far more timely in my responses.

Secondly, I want to say thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. It was truly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to meet you and to help make your trip to Scottsdale memorable (in the good way!). I know how it can be when traveling, and we very much appreciate you, and the time you took to let other travelers know how your stay with us went.

We truly do wish you all the best in your endeavors and adventures in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Scottsdale. In the meantime, travel safely, and continue to enjoy your day to day interactions with everyone. For our part, we will keep up our excellent service so that when you come back to see us, it will be like returning home!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stay at that property 2 - 3 times a year for work. The rooms are always clean and comfortable (pillow top mattresses). The staff is always friendly and helpful. The property is convenient, either driving or walking to many restaurants.

Room Tip: It's not close to a freeway or busy roadway, so any room is fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Good morning Brookston,

And greetings from beautiful Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the area. It was wonderful to have had the opportunity to get to know you, and to be of service!

I also would like to thank you for taking the time to let other travelers know how your experience with us went. It is always wonderful to know that we have done a good job, and that our guests were happy with both the hotel and the staff! If there is anything that you would like to share with me regarding something you particularly enjoyed, or someone who went above and beyond to make your stay fantastic, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. Likewise, if there's anything you'd like to share with me that could be improved upon, please let me know. Through guest feedback, we know what areas we excel in, and what may need a little more time and attention.

Again, thank you for coming to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Scottsdale.
Brookston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Very nice and quiet place to stay. Front desk personnel are very cordial doing their very best to accommodate your stay. Rooms are very large, beds are really comfortable for a good nights sleep and hotel is very clean. Indoor pool is really nice and outdoor hot-tub is perfect for those summer evenings.. Indoor hot-tub was out of order for the week I stayed there. Well maintained grounds and security at night made it a big plus. Hot breakfast food, eggs, sausage, waffles as well as selection of fruits were appreciated. Ice water available at all times which was nice, washer and dryer available as well as computer and printer for your business requirements. Very nice place to stay and I would return if ever back in the area. Really appreciated the fact, housekeeping realized I worked nights and even if I forgot to put the Do not Disturb sign on, they didn't break the door down to get in. A note was kindly left and reminded me if I needed anything to let the front desk know. A very big plus.. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tutukaka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This place has great big comfortable beds. Just what we needed 10 days into a road trip. Great location. Only negative is that it's elevator must be the slowest around. Apart come that it was a great stay. Even the man who managed the breakfast room was courteous and helpful. red Lobster and Olice garden across the road and lots of bars and restaurants within 3 blocks.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hello NZSailfish!

Greetings from sunny Scottsdale! On behalf of the staff of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, I want to thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to the Phoenix area. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us, and were honored to have been of service!

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us. I truly do appreciate your time and consideration! On behalf of the staff, I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you enjoyed the beds! They are definitely nice and comfortable! I am sorry that the elevator is not a faster moving one, and I do not know that there are any plans to update the elevator in the near future. If there is anything or anyone that stood out to you in particular during you stay, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Again, thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Until, we wish you safe and adventurous travels!

Been to Comfort Suites Old Town? Share your experiences!