“Nice place - great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Old Town

You added Comfort Suites Old Town to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Old Town
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3275 N. Drinkwater Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Nice place - great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed only one night, but would have stayed more if needed. The hotel was clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. Great location - we walked to Old Town a few times. We didn't use the pool or eat the breakfast (because we slept in), but there's nothing about this hotel we didn't like.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Greetings from Scottsdale John!

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Scottsdale, and it was truly a pleasure to be of service to you. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we do look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please come back and see us when you are in the area. We would love to be of service to you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Riverton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the Comfort Suites in Scottsdale Arizona recently and found the experience to be very good. I we thrilled with the competitive pricing for the room and found the breakfast, swimming pool and hot tub to be very good. I loved the native desert style decoration of the lobby and the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Michael!

We are so very happy that you stayed with us on your recent trip to Scottsdale, and on behalf of the staff are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do strive for excellence with every guest stay, and we truly do hope that we exceeded your expectations. We do hope to see you in the near future, but in the meantime, have safe and exciting travels. Thank you again for staying, and we'll see you soon!
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

An overnight stay for a conference; first thing that hits me when I walk into the lobby is the sickening sweet smell, probably room air freshener...too sweet, I'm allergic to scents. We returned from dinner about 9-10PM and there was no water. Oh well....no offer to come down to the lobby for some complimentary bottled water or bottled water delivered to our room to at least use to take medicine or brush our teeth. Just, oh well, we are working on getting it back on....floors in elevator were dirty. It is an old, out-dated hotel.
The first time we stayed we told them we needed to use the sofa bed but we had to get the linens, blankets and pillows and make the bed. Over-priced hotel....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Good morning!

On behalf of the Comfort Suites Scottsdale, we thank you for staying with us last week. While we strive for each and every stay to be perfect for our guests, we know that this is not always possible.

I have tried to locate your reservation, as I would love to speak with you personally regarding your stay. I was here that evening dealing with the situation with the water, and I want to once again apologize for what happened. Unfortunately, we cannot tell when things such as vandalism will occur, and as the hotel had been vandalized that evening (our backflow to our water main was stolen) we did do our very best to help every guest as quickly as possible. We do try to think of every possible thing we can do to help make things go more smoothly for our guests, and I apologize that we failed in that for you.

Please contact me directly at the hotel, as I would love to speak with you. Thank you.
Richfield, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location Jan. 31st throught Jan. 4th. The front desk staff were no where to be found most of our stay except for New Years Eve and they offered very little information upon our arrival. We were not asked how we enjoyed our stay or anything about the hotel. The breakfast buffet was out of several items frequently. There was a noisy group on the 3rd floor mostly enjoying the evening on New Years Eve until about 2:30am when a very loud couple got into a terrible verbal fight in the hallway, which did quiet done fairly quick after the management did get involved. Our refrigerator did not work during our stay, nor was it repaired. This is a great location for us, but we will most likely not stay at this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hallway away from the elevator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I booked our reservations about a month in advance. We had wonderful accommadations. The hotel was full on Dec 31-Jan1. When we returned at 930p there was a group of younger people outside the front entrance doing what young kids do. At approximately 230a there was a huge disruption on the 3rd floor. Loud noise, vulgar language, yelling and doors slamming. I listened at the door and several guest did open their doors to ask the crowd to "be quite" or language to that affect. Finally I called down to the office only to hear my voice on the managers phone right outside our room. The manager was so professional and calm throughout the entire time he was on the 3rd floor. He gave instructions to the guest as to what they needed to do to be stay safe and be calm. Outside our room window I saw 2 individuals who I believe were "perps" and a big part of the problem.
I mentioned what I saw and heard to the ladies Jan 1 and they said the manager on the shift was Richard Alhart. Richard you showed a great amount of courage and professionalism in a less than ideal situation. May every hotel be so fortunate to have a "Richard" on their team. Thank you for having a great game plan for this specific issue.

God bless you and Happy New Year.
Mary Shiner

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Holly M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Old Town, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Greetings from the Comfort Suites Mary!

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding Richard. I do know that New Years was something a very strange evening, and we appreciate not only your patience, but your understanding. I will make sure that Richard receives a copy of your review, as I know it will warm his heart to know that someone appreciated his efforts that evening. We do look forward to seeing you again very soon, on a less interesting stay with us. Once again, thank you for staying with us. If there is anything I may be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to let me know!
Mendocino, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Was in town for the Thankgiving holidays to visit a parent in a nearby nursing home. Have stayed here a few times over the years because it's so close and convenient. First thing that one notices is that NOTHING has been done in the way of upgrades to the rooms over the years. They have added flatscreens but that's about it. Beds are also really good, but that's were the good news ends. Here's what's lacking and what makes this a sad hotel.

1. Tiny little bathrooms.

2. Dirt in the corners and soiled carpeting. My white socks were almost black after walking around the room during my two day stay.

3. Cooler & heating unit filter had a quarter inch of dirt buildup.

4. Doesn't look like the windows had been cleaned since 2007. Hazy and with some type of film.

5. Half my towels were gray with age.

Hotel is simply aged and tired with a extreme need for an upgrade, especially with the recent uptick in rates. Cleanliness is something that the current management should have a handle on. That is a mystery. Breakfast is OK.

Red haired clerk at front desk appeared rather indifferent when we checked in as she was speaking to another clerk about some much more important business while we were standing there.

Might stay here again if they can get it together, but that prospect looks rather bleak from what I observed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have that nice morning sun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greetings from the Comfort Suites Scottsdale!

I am so sorry to hear that you did not have the wonderful experience with us that you usually have. I would love to help in any way that I may, and was unable to locate your reservation over the Thanksgiving holiday. If you would please reach out to me so that I may be of assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Montrose, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Thank-you to Christine Koveikis at the Scottsdale Arizona Comfort Suites. My husband and I felt that she was absolutely great and very courteous and polite. She took care of our needs with a smile. Thanks Choice Hotels and Happy Holidays!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Old Town? Share your experiences!