“Awesome Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town

You added Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town to your Saves list
Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3311 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #39 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am staying at the Courtyard here in Scottsdale, Arizone for work training. My company booked the hotel for me ahead of time. I failed to do any research about the hotel before my arrival, and I just assumed this hotel had a kitchen in all of the rooms. So, I purchased a steak to cook up when I got to the hotel. During the check in process I found out the rooms did not have kitchen, so I offered to give the steak to the 2 employees behind the counter, Eric and Valerie. Instead, and to my delight, they offered to have the kitchen cook the steak for me! I never expected that level of service. It was great! Grace, in the restaurant was awesome too. Service like this is hard to find these days and deserves recognition. Thank you!

Aaron E.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed one night. August 1st 2014. I found the hotel to be clean and well presented. The rooms were clean and spacious. We found the rooms to be quiet and had a good nights sleep.
The hotel reception and bar staff were very friendly.
This is a nice straight forward, no strings attached hotel. Free wifi is the rooms and lobby. Nice pool and indoor bar area to enjoy a quiet drink.
Short walk to a Walgreens (grocery store) next door to a 24hrs Denny's restaurant.

Over all, highly recommend and wish I could of stayed more than one night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here on July 4th.A very clean modern hotel situated on the main street with a Dennys 24 hr restaurant next door.Stayed in room 538 with noisy air conditioning but room etc was very clean.Ice making on the floor.Staff are good.Easy access as the land and surrounds are very flat,Washing facilities are provided for guests with $2 washing and $2 drying facilities.Apart from noisy A/C..a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
CarolineS-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to review my hotel! I am glad that you enjoyed the location and the amenities. Old Town Scottsdale is such a terrific place to spend some time. I am sorry that your a/c was a bit noisy, thank you for letting us know your room number so we can take a look. We sure hope we see you back again. Please feel free to call me directly if you need anything.
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Very acceptable bog-standard chain hotel. Set by a main road and no local attractions to recommend it, this is no beauty. However, our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Free wi-fi, flat-screen TV, modern bathroom. There is a bistro coffee shop in the lobby, but the morning we left (a Saturday) it wasn't open at 7am. Fortunately there is a Denney's right next door. Would not want to stay here for long, but OK for one night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CarolineS-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hello Andy F!
Thank you for the review of my hotel. I am glad you found it Clean and Comfortable, two things we pride ourselves on, not just in my hotel, but within Courtyard by Marriott. It is unfortunate that you could only stay for a quick overnight visit. Within walking distance of the hotel is the Old Town Scottsdale area. Shops, Restaurants, Galleries and Nightlife. We hope you will consider coming back and exploring the neighborhood. Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write a note! Please call me if I may personally assist you with your next reservation.

Cheers!
Caroline K. Sturgeon
480.429.7785
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I arrived at this property, like most travelers, weary to the bone.
I asked the front desk for help finding a legit massage place. Ms LAD at the front desk was amazing, she found me a place within a couple of miles, made an appointment for me and then even arranged a 'golf cart' ride to the place.
The hotel is decent but I recommend the staff of this place is excellent!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms looking out towards the sunset!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mr Ashish,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review about the hotel. It brings me such pleasure to be able to recognize an associate for great service and local area knowledge! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cheers!
Caroline K. Sturgeon
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

The location was good, an easy walk into the “old town” and the free shuttle to the mall.
The rooms were standard Courtyard fare, large, comfortable, free wifi.
The service was excellent, friendly and efficient.
The bar/restaurant closes early, not an issue as you are so close to town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ACvelich-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation of our hotel that you have posted here on TripAdvisor. So happy that my team was friendly and efficient during your stay, we take pride in delivering excellent service, as you mentioned in your review. Old Town Scottsdale is such a fun location to be in and the walking distance to the local bars, restaurants, and shops is an added bonus to staying at our great hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you back to Scottsdale!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This location is great-close to medical facilities which we needed but also makes going out easy as well. So many great restaurants close by and shopping.
Also the staff is fantastic! I can't remember any member of their team that didn't have a smile or ask how my day was.
They were very attentive to anything we needed. Ann, Mauri and Melissa have a great team there and it pays off.
This is our third time returning to the Scottsdale area and didn't think twice about booking here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of my hotel. Your kind words about the service you receive really touch all of our hearts! We truly appreciate it! So happy that you appreciate our great location in Old Town and its walking distance to yummy restaurants and world class shopping. We love our repeat customers and cannot wait for your return visit!