“Good for business travelers, close to Old Town” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town to your Saves list
Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3311 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #49 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Orlando, Florida
“Good for business travelers, close to Old Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Just wrapped up a 2 night stay at this hotel. It fully met my needs as a business traveler -- comfortable room, close to my office. In addition it's very close to Old Town, which offers some tourist diversions for the business traveler.

If you need to stay close to the hotel there are several chain restaurants literally within walking distance, and Old Town restaurants/attractions are just a few blocks away (about a 5 block walk on Scottsdale Rd., or a very easy drive).

Inside it's a standard Courtyard. The lobby has been remodeled to Marriott's current Courtyard "style" so that's nice and predictable. The rooms are not extraordinary, but this isn't a luxury destination. Bed was comfortable, TV was nice, shower had great water pressure, was a real treat.

All in all it's a comfortable place to stay, close to Old Town attractions. If my business takes me back to Scottsdale I'll stay there again. Of course it helps that I'm a Marriott Rewards member who's always trying to get points!!

Room Tip: I always opt for the highest floor because they're the quietest. I did not notice any noise pro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ACvelich-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience, especially from a business travelers perspective, at my hotel. As you know Courtyard is the brand that was built for business travelers and we take pride in being the "road warriors" hotel choice. I am happy to hear that our location worked out wonderfully for you as it relates to being close to Old Town, walking distance to shops, restaurants and attractions. Our lobby was recently renovated to the new Courtyard style, as you mentioned, and features the Bistro where you can get your favorite Starbucks, enjoy breakfast and happy hour and meet up with friends or business associates to unwind when the business day ends. We also offer great space to relax, unwind or hold a small informal meeting. Thank you for being a loyal Marriott customer as proven by your Marriott Rewards status - I appreciate you! Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Old Town Scottsdale.

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Good place to stay as it, as it is near Old Town, good restaurants near by, and a nice walk up to Mall. A bus stop is right outside Hotel, which is very cheap and runs very frequently to North Scottsdale, where there are good shops, then down to Chandler, which goes through Tempe, then to Chandler Mall.
All Hotel staff were very friendly, from Housekeeper who kept the room and other areas very clean,to reception who were outstanding, pity management did not give them a stool to sit on , they are standing a very long time.
We ate 1 breakfast and 1 evening meal there, is was ok, could have been better, times of meals not very clear !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your thoughts about your experience at my hotel. It warms my heart when the title is "Friendly Marriott" because that is what my team and I are all about ~ creating memorable experiences through our great customer service! I am pleased to hear that you loved the location being close to Old Town and the transportation options that are so convenient to my hotel. At this time of year many of our guests love to take the couple block walk into Old Town while other like to ride the complimentary trolley that weaves throuhout Old Town and others love the public transportation option as well. I recently just found that the "pedi-cab" has become quite popular for a nice ride into Old Town as well. My team takes pride in providing friendly and excellent service and I am pleased that they took great care of you. Lastly, you mentioned that the times of the meal offerings were not very clear and I will make sure that the communications on that both in the guest rooms, on our website and what my staff mentions are all aligned. Thank you for the great feedback and I look forward to your return visit to Old Town and my hotel!
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed a few nights while on business in town and by the time I left my body was covered with insect bites... on top of that the exhaust fan in the bathroom was loud and old and always on and the internet connection was on and off... just an outside showy facade.. haven't really remodeled the inside..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ACvelich-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
My name is Ann Cvelich and I am the General Manager of the Scottsdale Old Town Courtyard by Marriott and wanted to reach out to you right away regarding your comments on your recent stay at my hotel. Would you please reach out to me at your earliest convenience directly at the hotel at 480-429-7785 or via email cy.phxsc.gm@marriott.com so that I can address these very serious concerns with you. Thank you.
bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I've probably had the best service experience at this hotel - especially the front desk. Rooms are large. Loved the balcony. Fresh air always helps. This was a one night business trip, so did not get the chance to evaluate breakfast. But overall, a very satisfying stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about my hotel! My team and I take pride in creating memorable experiences for our guests and I am very proud we were able to do that for you. We get many comments about our roms with the balconies and how wonderful they are and how nice it is, especially during this time of year, to open the balcony door and let the beautiful Arizona weather into the rooms. I look forward to your return visit to Scottsdale and my hotel in the near future.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Pleasant stay and rooms are comfortable. This hotel sits at the gateway to downtown Scottsdale but still away walking distance. If you want to be closer in Scottsdale then go a lil further. Hotel is older and needs some remodeling.. had a view of old dirty brown building and street. Not much but was within budget and easy drive to anywhere you need to be.

Room Tip: Nice budget hotel gateway to Scottsdale but had very few amenities
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about my hotel. I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. As you mentioned, our rooms are quite comfortable and our hotel is right in the Old Town Scottsdale area within walking distance to many great restaurants, beatiful art galleries, and world class golf courses. We recently renovated our entire public space to the new Courtyard lobby and design that features a business center, our virtual concierge - GoBoard, media pods, commmunal tables, local library and our wonderful Bistro where you can eat, drink and connect with complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel! My apologies that your view did not meet your expectations. Next time you are planning to stay at the hotel please do ask for one of our preferred rooms with a balcony and we will do whatever we can to ensure your are 100% satisfied with your home away from home. Looking forward to your return visit!
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 4 nights in this hotel and enjoyed the experience. The room was very clean, bathroom was cleaned thoroughly every day and ample supplies of good quality toiletries provided. The towels were really clean, thick and did the job they were there to do. The furniture was in good order. A coffeee maker, LCD TV and free WI- FI connection. The bed was comfortable with crisp white sheets and cover. The maid obviously took a pride in her work and it showed. I asked for extra coffee sachets and she provided them. She had even provided a sanitised "wet wipe" to clean the TV Remote Control prior to our usage. The Air Conditioning was a little noisy but bearable The staff on Reception were all pleasant and welcoming, providing street maps of the local area and pointing out the variety of eateries within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the swimming pool were quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
WOW! What great comments! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel. My team and I are committed to exceeding guest expectations every time and it certainly sounds like we did this with you. Thank you for mentioning our clean rooms and housekeeping staff they are the heart and soul of the hotel and work extremely hard to ensure that every room is spotless! We recently upgraded the toiletries in the room to Paul Mitchell brand and we continue to hear great feedback from our customers about this change. My front desk team is really in touch with the local area and activities and I am happy that they provided you with the information you needed to enjoy the area. I look forward to your return visit to Scottsdale and my hotel.
North West
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our favourite hotel on a tour of Western USA.

The room was large and had 2 large comfortable beds, a coffee maker, LCD TV and comfy chairs. In the bathroom we had a selection of posh toiletries.

The lobby area and restaurant and bar were very nice, the place had a very nice atmosphere and design. There was a laundry facility and a large lounge with a big screen TV.

We had an evening meal and breakfast and both were excellent and reasonable value. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ACvelich-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you very much for posting this AWESOME review of my hotel with the title of "Best Hotel of our Western USA Tour" I am honored to have that title from you! The best news for me is that my team made a difference and were all very friendly and helpful – thank you! I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the large room with two comfortable beds and all of the amenities including the “posh” bathroom toiletries which have recently been upgraded to Paul Mitchell products. You also mentioned how much you appreciated the bistro, lobby, and the lounge. Thank you for your great review! My team and I cannot wait for your return visit to Old Town Scottsdale and specifically my hotel.

Been to Courtyard Scottsdale Old Town? Share your experiences!