“Cold Room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Scottsdale AZ

You added Travelodge Scottsdale AZ to your Saves list
Travelodge Scottsdale AZ
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6935 East 5th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #74 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Melrose Park, Illinois
“Cold Room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The room was decently clean (for motel standards). The biggest problem was that the room was freezing in the morning, and the thermostat did not work. The staff explained that they controlled the heat, and the thermostat was in the room for no reason. There was also low pressure in the bathroom, and the staff explained that this was in every room. The price was right though.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall will have less noisy traffic outside.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jim K, Manager at Travelodge Scottsdale AZ, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay Jessie C. We have addressed your concerns with our engineering staff as well as provided additional training for our front desk staff to help make each and every guests stay enjoyable, We are confident that we can resolve this and truly appreciate your feedback as it is one of our most valuable tools in correcting and issues with quality and service. Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you and your family and if your travel plans bring you back to the area, we hope you will give us another try.
The Staff at the Travelodge Scottsdale.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sarasota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

The location is great the staff was friendly and helpful but I fear the management/owners do not care about upkeep and visual appearences. It is just plain dirty. I would think the owners would want to inspect this proprty and invest in upkeep.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for taking the time to offer us your review on the recent trip to our hotel Michael S. Please know that we have made some changes in staff and are working internally to ensure inspections of the property are done several times per week and that we are addressing all cleanliness and maintenance related issues as soon as possible. We hope that if your travel plans bring you back to Scottsdale, you will give us another chance. Please feel free to call us as we would be happy to assist you with reservations and a special bounce back rate.
SE, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the price and I didn't even get what I paid for. The advertised HBO had been cancelled by the hotel and I was told there were no refrigerators and/or microwaves available, but I saw them move them into other rooms while I was there. My key card was only charged one day at a time and I had prepaid for 5 nights. The carpets were stained and torn and housekeeping was consistent about taking all the towels and used amenities, but not about replacing them. The pool was so dirty looking I would not venture into it, but that could be due to the rainy weather. The ice machine was on the third floor.
For the same money or just a few dollars more I could have stayed in a much better hotel. The location was great, though.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms along the pool as they are very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
You certainly caught us while we were working with some new employees and training them on their daily duties and roles and responsibilities ind_sub. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you received with us. Obviously our ongoing training efforts need to be accelerated and we will certainly be inspecting what we are expecting from the team. We would love to have you back as our guest for a complimentary night if you would give us the opportunity. Please call us at the hotel and ask for the General Manager so your reservation can be set up personally.
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After turning up and booking in for 1 night we decided to stay an additional night as the hotel was in a great location and was comfortable.

Yes it is a bit dated but the beds were very comfortable, the Air Con good and a full size fridge was provided. The bathroom was a good size and well equipped. The only real downside is that the chair's botton rails were quite dusty and the carpet had seen better days.

All in all this is a good choice considering the price and I would have no hesitation in staying again

Room Tip: We had a GF room looking out to well kept garden & car park
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Irish Traveller 45. We wanted to drop a note of thanks for the nice review you posted on your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and even happier you spent an additional night in the Scottsdale area. We hope when your travel brings you back to the area, you will come and see us again!
Monte Di Procida, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was visiting family in Arizona and needed a central base.As I was travelling alone without transport,I wanted to stay in a location very near to shops and restaurants.This hotel was in an ideal position.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.Nothing seemed like too much trouble.
The rooms were quite basic,but I expected this for a hotel in it's category.I had read the trip advisor comments about dirty rooms,fortunately this wasn't the case in my room.The shower control was broken when I arrived but the staff repaired it immediately.The bed was comfortable and I'd no trouble having a good night's sleep.
The two things that could be improved on are the elevator and corridor areas,which appear grubby and shoddy.This creates a bad first impression when you arrive.They also need to ensure that there is enough food laid out at breakfast.I was always down before 8 and on a few occasions the pastries and bagels had finished.One day a German family arrived 10 mins after me and only had cereal and fruit to choose from.As breakfast goes on til 9.30am,who knows what would happen later?
Taking these negatives into consideration I'd still choose to stay here if I came back to Scottsdale.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge Scottsdale AZ? Share your experiences!