“Not the best choice” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Scottsdale AZ

Save Saved
You added Travelodge Scottsdale AZ to your Saves list
Travelodge Scottsdale AZ
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6935 East 5th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 1000 Points
Ranked #73 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
SE, AZ
“Not the best choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the price and I didn't even get what I paid for. The advertised HBO had been cancelled by the hotel and I was told there were no refrigerators and/or microwaves available, but I saw them move them into other rooms while I was there. My key card was only charged one day at a time and I had prepaid for 5 nights. The carpets were stained and torn and housekeeping was consistent about taking all the towels and used amenities, but not about replacing them. The pool was so dirty looking I would not venture into it, but that could be due to the rainy weather. The ice machine was on the third floor.
For the same money or just a few dollars more I could have stayed in a much better hotel. The location was great, though.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms along the pool as they are very noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, Manager at Travelodge Scottsdale AZ, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
You certainly caught us while we were working with some new employees and training them on their daily duties and roles and responsibilities ind_sub. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you received with us. Obviously our ongoing training efforts need to be accelerated and we will certainly be inspecting what we are expecting from the team. We would love to have you back as our guest for a complimentary night if you would give us the opportunity. Please call us at the hotel and ask for the General Manager so your reservation can be set up personally.

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

After turning up and booking in for 1 night we decided to stay an additional night as the hotel was in a great location and was comfortable.

Yes it is a bit dated but the beds were very comfortable, the Air Con good and a full size fridge was provided. The bathroom was a good size and well equipped. The only real downside is that the chair's botton rails were quite dusty and the carpet had seen better days.

All in all this is a good choice considering the price and I would have no hesitation in staying again

Room Tip: We had a GF room looking out to well kept garden & car park
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Irish Traveller 45. We wanted to drop a note of thanks for the nice review you posted on your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and even happier you spent an additional night in the Scottsdale area. We hope when your travel brings you back to the area, you will come and see us again!
Monte Di Procida, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was visiting family in Arizona and needed a central base.As I was travelling alone without transport,I wanted to stay in a location very near to shops and restaurants.This hotel was in an ideal position.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.Nothing seemed like too much trouble.
The rooms were quite basic,but I expected this for a hotel in it's category.I had read the trip advisor comments about dirty rooms,fortunately this wasn't the case in my room.The shower control was broken when I arrived but the staff repaired it immediately.The bed was comfortable and I'd no trouble having a good night's sleep.
The two things that could be improved on are the elevator and corridor areas,which appear grubby and shoddy.This creates a bad first impression when you arrive.They also need to ensure that there is enough food laid out at breakfast.I was always down before 8 and on a few occasions the pastries and bagels had finished.One day a German family arrived 10 mins after me and only had cereal and fruit to choose from.As breakfast goes on til 9.30am,who knows what would happen later?
Taking these negatives into consideration I'd still choose to stay here if I came back to Scottsdale.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Woodbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The property looks like it was once a nice place. Now it just looks ancient.

Pros: The lobby looks very nice. The pool also looks clean and fun, although we did not use it. The provided mini-fridge was of a decent size. The person at the front desk was very polite.

Cons: The room had carpet so gross-looking that I honestly didn't want to remove my shoes. The bed frames stuck out so far past the end of the bed that both my kids and myself injured ourselves on them the one night we stayed here. There was a random hair stuck to the side of the bath tub from who ever stayed there before us. Although we stayed in a non-smoking room, the AC system pulled smoke in from somewhere and our room smelled like musty smoke the entire time. The window shades didn't close all the way so the only safe place to change was in the bathroom. There is one laundry area and ice machine and they are on the 3rd floor (random!). Supposedly there was a breakfast provided (also on the 3rd floor), but we had an early flight so we did not get the pleasure of that experience. The ice machine sits by itself in a pretty large room, and the laundry area was tiny and stifling. The elevator was extremely tiny and did not feel very safe. The blanket on the bed was the thinnest of any hotel I've ever stayed in, and was made of such a slippery material it was impossible to keep on the bed. Each bed (there were 2) had a framed picture above them (like most hotels), but they were the EXACT SAME PICTURE. It was so weird. There were random locations in the hallway that looked like something had been there at one point (another elevator? vending machine?) but was now just an empty, dirty recess in the wall.

We would not stay there again. I booked it based on cost and reviews, but I should have paid a little more for one of the much nicer hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Book a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently completed a trip that included stays at 6 Super 8 motels. While the Scottsdale location was a small cut above most of the others, all were adequate but nothing more. Most had sinks outside the bathrooms, potentially disturbing sleeping partners at night; the Super 8 in Las Cruces was a pleasant exception. A few had negative aspects. The Super 8 in Las Vegas, for example, appeared to have black mold in bath/shower crevices, went one day without maid service, and had spotty web access.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Travelodge Scottsdale AZ? Share your experiences!