“Not your best effort” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Scottsdale

You added Travelodge Scottsdale to your Saves list
Travelodge Scottsdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6935 East 5th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Monte Di Procida, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was visiting family in Arizona and needed a central base.As I was travelling alone without transport,I wanted to stay in a location very near to shops and restaurants.This hotel was in an ideal position.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.Nothing seemed like too much trouble.
The rooms were quite basic,but I expected this for a hotel in it's category.I had read the trip advisor comments about dirty rooms,fortunately this wasn't the case in my room.The shower control was broken when I arrived but the staff repaired it immediately.The bed was comfortable and I'd no trouble having a good night's sleep.
The two things that could be improved on are the elevator and corridor areas,which appear grubby and shoddy.This creates a bad first impression when you arrive.They also need to ensure that there is enough food laid out at breakfast.I was always down before 8 and on a few occasions the pastries and bagels had finished.One day a German family arrived 10 mins after me and only had cereal and fruit to choose from.As breakfast goes on til 9.30am,who knows what would happen later?
Taking these negatives into consideration I'd still choose to stay here if I came back to Scottsdale.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Woodbridge
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The property looks like it was once a nice place. Now it just looks ancient.

Pros: The lobby looks very nice. The pool also looks clean and fun, although we did not use it. The provided mini-fridge was of a decent size. The person at the front desk was very polite.

Cons: The room had carpet so gross-looking that I honestly didn't want to remove my shoes. The bed frames stuck out so far past the end of the bed that both my kids and myself injured ourselves on them the one night we stayed here. There was a random hair stuck to the side of the bath tub from who ever stayed there before us. Although we stayed in a non-smoking room, the AC system pulled smoke in from somewhere and our room smelled like musty smoke the entire time. The window shades didn't close all the way so the only safe place to change was in the bathroom. There is one laundry area and ice machine and they are on the 3rd floor (random!). Supposedly there was a breakfast provided (also on the 3rd floor), but we had an early flight so we did not get the pleasure of that experience. The ice machine sits by itself in a pretty large room, and the laundry area was tiny and stifling. The elevator was extremely tiny and did not feel very safe. The blanket on the bed was the thinnest of any hotel I've ever stayed in, and was made of such a slippery material it was impossible to keep on the bed. Each bed (there were 2) had a framed picture above them (like most hotels), but they were the EXACT SAME PICTURE. It was so weird. There were random locations in the hallway that looked like something had been there at one point (another elevator? vending machine?) but was now just an empty, dirty recess in the wall.

We would not stay there again. I booked it based on cost and reviews, but I should have paid a little more for one of the much nicer hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Book a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lubbock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently completed a trip that included stays at 6 Super 8 motels. While the Scottsdale location was a small cut above most of the others, all were adequate but nothing more. Most had sinks outside the bathrooms, potentially disturbing sleeping partners at night; the Super 8 in Las Cruces was a pleasant exception. A few had negative aspects. The Super 8 in Las Vegas, for example, appeared to have black mold in bath/shower crevices, went one day without maid service, and had spotty web access.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

a friend a i stayed at this Travelodge as a treat by one our mutual friends, as we were in town unexpectedly and worse for wear. We just needed a comfy place to spread out, clean up, nap and reboot. Im not sure what she paid for a nights stay here, but considering the price tier of the hotel I'd say we got a rockin' deal.
The rooms are HUGE by todays standard
It's on the artsy (quiet) side of Old Town Scottsdale
There are TONS of shops, eateries, galleries and bars within a 4 BLOCK radius of this place.
It didnt appear much from the outside (not bad, just blended) but was remodeled just a year ago and they're still making improvements.
FREE CONTINENTAL Breakfast! Who can be mad at coffee, pastry bites, fresh fuit, bagels and cereal for free, fetched by someone other than me @6AM??
I will make this my regular place to crash when in town with the band or a last minute weekend VaCa stay.

Room Tip: Pool Rooms are uneventful if you enjoy looking out windows or hanging on the patio. Rooms facing the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends