“Location, location, location...” 4 of 5 stars

Travelodge Scottsdale AZ
Save Saved
You added Travelodge Scottsdale AZ to your Saves list
Travelodge Scottsdale AZ
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6935 East 5th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #73 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Location, location, location...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

a friend a i stayed at this Travelodge as a treat by one our mutual friends, as we were in town unexpectedly and worse for wear. We just needed a comfy place to spread out, clean up, nap and reboot. Im not sure what she paid for a nights stay here, but considering the price tier of the hotel I'd say we got a rockin' deal.
The rooms are HUGE by todays standard
It's on the artsy (quiet) side of Old Town Scottsdale
There are TONS of shops, eateries, galleries and bars within a 4 BLOCK radius of this place.
It didnt appear much from the outside (not bad, just blended) but was remodeled just a year ago and they're still making improvements.
FREE CONTINENTAL Breakfast! Who can be mad at coffee, pastry bites, fresh fuit, bagels and cereal for free, fetched by someone other than me @6AM??
I will make this my regular place to crash when in town with the band or a last minute weekend VaCa stay.

Room Tip: Pool Rooms are uneventful if you enjoy looking out windows or hanging on the patio. Rooms facing the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Elmhurst IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel had only one of the two rooms booked and the one room they had was dirty and stains on bedding. Even after showering I felt dirty. Carpet was also dirty. Could not use the iron board to press my blouse as even that had something on it. Never again we i stay there

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this establishment in March not for spring training, but to attend a dog show. While not the closest hotel to the show site, I booked based upon the amenities advertised including, a room refrigerator and microwave and, of course, being dog-friendly. Believe when I say I have stayed in some interesting motel/hotels over the years for the comfort of my dogs, but this one left me howling! Not only was the room not as advertised, but the air did not work in the room, the door had to be forcibly opened and shut, and the property in general was in need of a major makeover. The situation was such that my party checked-out a day early. When I outlined the reasons for the early departure, I was told I would receive consideration in the form of a small credit off the rate paid for the three nights my party did endure the room, or $60.99. However, to date, I have not received a penny despite promises from the General Manager, Jim. Needless to say, I have nothing nice to say about the Travelodge Scottsdale or its staff. You, however, have been forewarned.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Walnut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I will never stay at another Travelodge after my experience this
weekend in Scottsdale AZ. My room had no toilet paper, and I was
forced to walk to the front desk for it. My TV never turned on, there
was NO ice machines available. The staff was rude, and unprofessional.
I will be posting my disappointment with your hotel on all the travel
websites. Take care.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Glenwood Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at! Had no idea such a terrible hotel even existed in a place like Scottsdale, Az. Vomit on the carpet in the corridor and cigarette butts on the stairs, all of which remained there during our entire visit! If hotel staff is willing to walk by (and over) this stuff continuously and not do anything about it... should give you a pretty good idea of how much they care about their hotel and it's guests.

Continental breakfast was an absolute joke! All the coffee pots were empty, all the milk had been expired for several days (poured out in chunks), and the only thing that appeared edible was a pastry that probably came from the local 7-11 store down the street.

Ventured out to the pool only to find a large group (15) of drunk guys drinking beer, being loud, splashing everyone and checking out my 16 year old daughter and her friend in their bikini's. It was only 10:30 in the morning!!!

Sleeping was a constant struggle over the sounds of yelling, partying, people running up and down the corridors. The last straw was at 3:30am when a bunch of police started banging on the door next to us and yelling for the occupants to come out! Could not wait to pack our bags the next morning and put this all behind us!

To say this hotel was nasty, rundown, noisy, outdated and a complete rip-off would be an extreme understatement! Travelodge should be ashamed of charging people to stay here and should convert this hotel into a homeless shelter. I will sleep in my car before I will stay at another Travelodge!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Been to Travelodge Scottsdale AZ? Share your experiences!