You added Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North
Ranked #75 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Tucson, Arizona
“Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The room was clean, everything worked; microwave, frig, TV, etc. Slept well, not too noisy.
The air conditioner in room worked perfectly. Plenty of room for things, a dresser, small table,
a chair. Overall, it was a good choice especially if you plan to bring your own food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so pleased to read that your room was clean and that it met your needs. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at pxa@extendedstay.com. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights. It was an overall great experience. Best price in scottsdale. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay again. Staff was friendly and professional. I bought Dback tickets online and Kim and Carrie printed them for me. A must stay ! Disregard bad reviews, I did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front side of hotel. There is some constuction going on on the back side of ho...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so glad to read that you appreciated our friendly, professional staff and affordable rates. Thank you so much for your kind words. We would love to welcome you back the next time you're in town.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I opted to stay at Extended Stay as I'd had previous experiences that were good. I had been on an overnight flight from Australia so by the time I arrived I was absolutely shattered, however couldn't check in until later in the afternoon. Unfortunately had to be put into a smoking room, even though we requested a non-smoking room. The smell wasn't too bad, but definitely noticeable. My stay was during spring training so the hotel was very full, but I still managed to get a carpark each day so this was a good point.

The toughest thing though: I was there for a month and despite mentioning it, and being told that it should be cleaned on Fridays, my room wasn't cleaned once, I got no additional towels (had to ask) and basically fended for myself in terms of replaceable items like toilet paper. Sheets were not replaced. The TV chair was broken. The room was generally old looking and not really modern, but I understand there are some upgrades happening.

The kitchen, while functional, didn't contain some simple necessities - like a sharp knife for cutting vegetables, or a wine glass.

The bathroom door was awkwardly placed and wouldn't close. Perhaps it should be replaced with a sliding door - which would fit perfectly.

Generally I found the staff to be pretty friendly though and it certainly is in a good location with Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Common within walking (or stumbling) distance. So it wasn't all bad but was still very happy to get home.

Room Tip: March is spring training so it will be full. There's construction right now happening on the Sco...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Gadsden, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

The first night, the a/c was not working properly, they did not have a fan available for guests. As we know Arizona is quite warm in March. I paid extra for a room to contain a sofa bed, the room did not have one, nor do any of their rooms contain sofa beds according to staff. Three people had to sleep in a small queen size bed, it was more like a full size bed. When reported to the front lady about me paying extra for the room, she called the manager, the manager would not come and talk to me, she relayed a message to me and stated that I already had an discount from reserving the room through booking.com and she could not give another discount. Mind you, the rooms are tripled during this time (March) because of spring training in Arizona. I reported them to booking.com and they handled the siutation in 2 days, and I received a 25% discount. Which I feel should have been more because we were so uncomfortable for 4 days. The breakfast was grab and go, no orange juice, apple juice or milk was available, only coffee, and snack bars and muffins. They really need to upgrade the breakfast, everyone does not drink coffee. What about the children??? The rooms could use some upgrading, I know they are in the process for some of them but if they all looked like mines, they all need upgrading. This hotel is also located in a Suburban area, it should look way better.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel until this one has been up upgraded totally.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gleeson. AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed at this property for four nights. The room was clean and large. The bed was firm and comfortable with nice pillows. The location of this property can't be beat. You are close to shopping and numerous restaurants and only a short drive to Old Town. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Based on some of the negative reviews I would recommend you ask to see the room before you move in.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Eagar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stay away! ! Price is cheap ... but wasn't worth even that price. Outside appears clean but the rooms are in need of renovating. Beds are terrible. Bedding looks like 2nd hand store bought. We asked for non smoking rm and got a smoking rm. When we reported this they told us they were booked and we would go on a list to be switched the next day. They said they had others with the same complaint. The next morning I had some kind of bites on both arms. Some swelled; were painful and turned very red. It has been a week and they are just starting to heal. The day receptionist was very rude and inconsiderate. Noisy rooms. Very thin walls. Room next door had TV on till early a.m. Lots ofoutside noise.we canceled and went to another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

STAY AWAY!!!!!

I am so sorry I had not seen the reviews for this place here on the Trip Advisor website the same problems reported in reviews since 2009 are applicable to now- November 2013. I see the same person from Extended Stay "responds" to the complaints here on this site for the last 4 years and yet nothing has been resolved.

This hotel is a cross between the Bates Motel and Motel He**.

Upon arriving the first thing we noticed was a group of 20 men, who appeared to be day workers, drinking beers in the parking lot. My party consisted of four women.
The woman in my car immediately blurted out "this looks like something that would be featured on Cops". They were staring at us as we drove in. Because of my concern over safety I asked my friend to stay in the car while I checked in. The other two ladies in my party parked further out in the parking lot.

When I got into the office I immediately asked about the men who were drinking in the parking lot. I was told by the woman at the check in desk that they were construction workers and they did that for a few hours every night. I told her I was concerned for myself and the other ladies in my group as we felt very uncomfortable and I was fairly certain drinking in public is against the law in most municipalities. She immediately retorted "this is private property so its ok". She also said the Scottsdale police periodically patrol the parking lot. Whoopee.

My friends walked in, we spoked of our concerns but were dog tired so we went ahead and checked into our three rooms.

After my long road trip my first stop was the bathroom. Upon sitting down, my toilet seat slid out quite a bit from under me. Much like a toboggan. I have never had to worry about balance while on the toilet but it was a skill I had to acquire rapidly. I finished and reached for the toilet paper to find an EMPTY ROLL. With no replacement roll of toilet paper anywhere. Lovely. There was also no kleenex in the room . The bathtub faucet leaked and there was no stopping it. It was definitely water torture.

We were so hungry after our long day on the road we then gathered and went out to dinner. The men were still drinking in the parking lot and they stared long and hard as we left.
We realized after we got to our dinner location that the reason they were probably staring was THAT THEY HAD STOLEN MAGNETIC SIGNS off my friends truck. These are my business signs that I used when on trips. They would have no use to anyone except that they will probably peel off the letters and use the sign for something else. This was in the space of about 15 minutes.

When we got back I looked a little more closely at the room. It was DIRTY. The "kitchen" sink had 10 years of soap scum on it. I was immediately greeted with a short black hair in my shower AND on top of the shower ledge a very old piece of soap. How gross. I opted to shower in my Flip Flops. The shower itself- well you could not get the lever that turns the water on for the shower nozzle to go all the way so you had half pressure shower water while the bath tub faucet ran. Because of the constant leak after it was turned off I had to sleep with the bathroom door closed.

I called my friends early the next morning and asked how they felt about their room. The smell in the room was over powering. It quite literally knocked them back when they first opened the door. Their toilet was cracked. Their room was dirty. They wanted out. We called another hotel and immediately booked three rooms at 6:30 in the morning

Last but not least- if you can live with the filth at this place - I have to say the property itself is not safe. I got up at 5:30 AM and needed to get something out of my car. Upon closing my car and clicking the door locks a man popped around the corner down the aisle. He looked at me as I was starting up the stares and started coming towards me quickly. After the first step up the stairs I RAN as I felt he might be a danger. As I got to the corridor to my room I looked down the hall to the other stair case and he had run up that one and was making his way towards me at a rapid pace. I got in my room and slammed the door. I really felt like this man was up to no good.

We reported both the theft incident and the man following me to the front desk girl and quite frankly she could have cared less. We also told them about the broken items in the rooms and the maintenance man who was checking in for the morning says they can not fix things because they are not provided with replacement parts.

This property is a blight on Extended Stay America and they should close it down for renovations or take their name off of it. They also should provide security.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - North? Share your experiences!