“Business Travelers DO NOT STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town

You added Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town to your Saves list
Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5101 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #61 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Buffalo
“Business Travelers DO NOT STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2008

This hotel does not allow early check out for business travelers. Charged me for 3 additional nights when my business ended early. The management is terrible and hard to deal with.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The Cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
GM5101, General Manager at Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town, responded to this review, December 18, 2008
We understand and sincerely sympathize with this guest’s frustration. He booked his reservation through a third party company and obtained a deeply discounted rate. The terms of all reservations through this company are that bookings are fully prepaid and no cancellations or refunds for early departures. We have contacted the third party company and are working on the guest’s behalf to obtain a refund for him. We will continue to assist the guest in anyway regarding this matter.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

When we planned a girls weekend up in Scottsdale, I decided to make our reservations at Hotel Scottsdale. I was a little skeptical at first because it was so cheaply priced but I heard from a friend the the hotel had gone through some huge renovations so I decided to check it out. Everything from the website looks just like the actual hotel. The place is gorgeous! The rooms were big and the beds were amazingly comfortable. All the staff was professional and helpful. The continental breakfast was awesome. We all agreed that it was a great weekend, and well worth the money and then some!

• Liked — The Restaurant, Pool, and gorgeous rooms!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2008

We booked this for the first night of our honeymoon (we were flying out to Maui the next morning). We were given a free upgrade for the occasion, to an executive king room. We arrived and the girl at the desk was distant and rude (my husband and I both work hotel front desk). One of the reasons we had booked here was the free aiport shuttle. We asked the girl about it upon check in, first she asked for our flight information and while I was grabbing it (I wasn't searching for it, it was in a binder in my hands) she rudely said, "just call when you get to your room" and then refused to help us then. My husband called as soon as we got to the room, and set up the shuttle for 8 am. The next morning, we went down to the desk for our shuttle and the guy at the front desk told us the shuttle didn't leave until 10 and he had no record of us. He was very helpful though and got the shuttle guy to come from home and take us so we didn't miss our flight. The shuttle driver was very nice as well. Don't rely on their shuttle though, we got lucky, it seemed.

The lobby and on site restaurant are wonderful, be sure to make coffee in the lobby, their coffee maker is awesome. The pool area was great with huge lounge chairs and cealing fans. The price was decent and breakfast was relatively standard. Scrambled eggs, muffins, and cold cereal.

The rooms were large, but very old and not incredibly clean. I have a phobia of roaches and am VERY paranoid when booking hotels in Phoenix. I didn't see anything, but there were 2 dead crickets in our room.

• Liked — The restaurant and the lobby's coffee maker.
  • Disliked — The obvious age showing in the rooms and the lack on info on the suttle.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

While this hotel has dressed up the pool area quite nicely with some curtains and chaise lounges, it doesn't change the fact that it's still a dumpy motel. The same applies to the rooms with nice linens and TVs, but crappy formica furniture.

Check in took, for no apparent reason, nine billion years (they probably have a very old property management system) and many of the things they claim on their website are patently untrue: I wanted to check my email from the "business center with complimentary internet access"---what they really mean is that the front desk staff will print out a boarding pass for you. There is no business center or even a computer for guests to access.

There IS complimentary transportation to and from the airport, but you have first schedule and then call from a cell phone when you get there (unlike a NORMAL hotel shuttle, where you just pick up a courtesy phone) and my return ride involved the shuttle drivers making me play musical chairs with the shuttles, scheppling my suitcase back and forth across the the parking lot in 95 degree heat, when I just really wanted to go home! Again, a NORMAL hotel has the shuttle pull up to the lobby--but not here.

Overall, the room was quite clean, so I'll give them that...but I was distinctly unimpressed. I had to stay here for business, but would definitely NEVER return.

• Liked — Nice Linens and Nice Toiletries, Pool Area
  • Disliked — Everything Else
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ASUGrad2003, Manager at Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay in June 2008. During that time we were in the middle of our remodel, and I assure you that since your stay we have replaced the furniture with solid hard wood furniture, new carpeting, new lighting, and we have painted the rooms and all outside areas of the hotel.

The biggest change we have undergone to our levels of service was that we converted to a Clarion, part of the Choice Hotels family of brands. We have a brand new Property Management System which now facilitates a very rapid check-in process.

We do have a Business Center available 24/7 with two computers and a printer, located adjacent to our front desk. Printing & faxing are 100% complimentary. I apologize that the details of this wonderful ammenity were not properly given to you by the staff.

Since the time you stayed, we have undergone enormous changes (remodel, re-staffing, re-training, re-branding, new restaurant), and I hope that we have the chance to serve you again on your next trip to Scottsdale. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the changes we have made.
Dartmouth, NS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2008

After reading reviews about this hotel and seeing the star rating, we were kind of nervous about staying here. We booked the prefect golf vacation, and did not want a hotel to ruin it for it. We were VERY surprised when we showed up to the hotel. The front desk staff was amazing. The pool area was amazing. It felt like I was at a mini resort laying there and having pool side service from the bar. My biggest advice is the pay the extra money and get a pool side premium room. 32" LCD TV and great bedding. If I went back to Scottsdale, I would not even look at another hotel because this one was so perfect.

• Liked — Service and the Pool Area. Breakfast was amazing as well!
  • Disliked — NOTHING!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Albuquerque, NM, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

This hotel was quiet, comfortable, and clean. Good breakfast, too. (Tip: use the "pod" coffee machine in the lobby -- it is very fast and makes much better coffee than the coffee on the breakfast buffet.) Our only complaint was that the bed pillows were so thick and firm that it felt as if we were "fighting" them all night!

• Liked — Large, clean room
  • Disliked — uncomfortable pillows on bed
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ballwin, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

Location is great; only about 4 blocks from Fashion Square. The entrance, lobby, restaurant (breakfast is great!), bar and work-out facilities are all new and very nice. The pool area is quite nice with new lounges, covered "beds" and beautiful landscaping, but there's no bathroom so if you're on the 2nd floor you'll get lots of exercise (waitress service from restaurant & bar). The rooms are older and look like an old "Days Inn" from the outside; two stories with stairs. The rooms are small but nice; recently refurbished with new funiture. The service desk was courteous if not totally knowledgable, but the maid service was very good. The hotel shuttle will take you where you would like within 5 miles. Don't count on it for airport pick-up/drop-off. It only goes to PHX once every few hours so unless your flights jive with their schedule you'll end up spending hours at PHX. Considering the prices at this time of year the value was good.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town? Share your experiences!