“Top Quality Service and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town

You added Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town to your Saves list
Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5101 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Boulder
“Top Quality Service and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Make Clarion Scottsdale your affordable destination in Scottsdale. Centrally located within walking distance of shops, mall and restaurants. The front desk staff very friendly and accommodating each day. Also very pet friendly for responsible pet owners. Clean pool and rooms, comfy beds. Mexican restaurant on site. The outdoor areas could use a bit of updating but the interior rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Coffee in lobby each morning.

Room Tip: Downstairs in the back for pet owners!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Checked in on a Wednesday afternoon, was greeted by the front desk person with a smile and warm greeting. Was promptly checked in and shown the way to my room. I was pleasantly surprised...found the room decor to be very tasteful. Beds were comfy with plenty of sheets and a down comforter. Lots of towels and small bath amenities. I had no issues with anything not working in the room...the ac kept the room nice and cool thru the hottest days. Shower/ sink had hot water right away. Didn't use the pool or spa, but the fitness center was a plus. WiFi worked super fast too. Good location just north of old town Scottsdale. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here to get a few days to rest and to be close to Scottsdale activities and offerings. This is a wonderful place to stay if you are budget conscious. It is clean, affordable and the restaurant provides wonderful meals.
The staff is professional, courteous and friendly.
Along with the above, the location is terrific.
We will return in the future, unless I win the lottery and go to someplace more expensive. But being cost aware, this place really fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel as a last minute pick because I had to change my city destination. I was very pleasantly surprised. Hotel room was clean and the pool was very nice. Hotel offers a escalade for transportation within 5 miles of the hotel. I used the service twice and service was great. The restaurant on the grounds had delicious food and you got coupons off breakfast. We went for breakfast each morning and the omlettes are great-so our the salads. Would definitely stay again. Used their free computers with internet access for printing out boarding passes and other stuff. No fee water bottles in room but we did have a fridge which was nice.I am giving 4 stars for cleanliness only for carpet was a little dirty but most hotels do not have very clean carpet.

Room Tip: A room across from the pool is nice
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I booked my room through Expedia to attend in event in North Scottsdale. The room was nicely decorated the beds looked comfortable. When I checked into my room it was hot. So I cracked up the AC left on hight while I left for the evening. When I got my back my room was like a sauna, then out of the corner of eye I discovered a COCKROACH! I was utterly disgusted I immediately called to the front desk and told them about the roach and the AC unit. She said there was nothing she could do about the AC because maintenance had already left for the evening but I could be switched to another room I immediately agreed. She said she would "come get the cockroach" She came to my room a few minutes later with her little black purse. I told her I killed the thing she said "oh you didn't have to do that" I was thinking to myself if I didn't kill it what where you gonna kill it with? She didn't bring any bug spray or anything just her little black purse. Although she was very kind of enough to escort me and assist me with my things. I told her maybe the hotel should have sort of extermination as routine. She told me these things happened from time to time. It's the time of the year for these things. I have stayed in many hotel in the Scottsdale area this has NEVER happened to me before. I was absolutely disgusted and grossed out! The next room was just run down with wallpapering yellowing, the shower head was plastic and yellow. The carpet was coming up! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Carriere, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This isn't the Phoenician, but you won't have to mortgage your home to pay the bill. I thought this was a very good value, well located hotel with a nice pool, there was a 4.00 coupon for breakfast at a restaurant that was in the parking lot of the motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Davie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

This is certainly not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but you are definitely getting what you paid for. It is much cheaper than other places in Scottsdale, but it also isn't the nicest. I attend a conference every year in Scottsdale, actually next door, but I wanted to watch my budget so I thought I would give it a shot. The staff was very nice. The pool area was pretty and looked like the pictures. The room was extremely basic so don't expect a lot, but it looked clean. It is motel style and my room was on the outside of the building and as a single female it was not my favorite spot to walk to at night (although did not see anything suspicious). The major perk was the bed....it was super comfy which was great. I ate at Papi Chulo's restaurant on site twice for dinner and it was good. Finally...there is free wifi, but was so slow I could not accomplish very much with it, ended up doing everything from my iPhone which was really frustrating.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
ASUGrad2003, Manager at Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Thank you for feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Based on similar comments we have received, we just recently upgraded our wireless internet to a significantly faster connection. As I am writing this response, I ran a speed test on speedtest.net and our internet speed was 27.08mbps download and 8.79mbps upload. We recognize that this is an increasingly important ammenity to our guests, and we upgraded our internet as soon as our existing service provider would allow us to.

I apologize that the changes were not yet in place during your visit, but I assure you the internet speed will never again be an issue at our hotel.

Been to Days Hotel Scottsdale Near Old Town? Share your experiences!