“No problems” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town

You added Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7324 East Indian School Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
London, UK
“No problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2007

Stayed here for one night. Hotel is clean, staff are helpful, breakfast is OK, business center small but useable and free. Room rate quite high for what it was though.

Would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
new braunfels
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2006

Very nice hotel. Excellent location. You can walk to old town scottsdale with no problem. Would reccomend with out a doubt.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2006

Winter rates for Arizona made the prices too much for what you get at this property.

Stayed at this hotel for 2 days on a business trip mid November 2006. The room was reasonable and the bed was comfortable. Housekeeping staff were friendly.

Went to the hotel restaurant for dessert and it did not meet my expectations and the service was very slow. I would stay again if I had to for a conference, it was very close to the site, but I was underwhelmed.

Oh, the gym was adequate but too small and stuffy. Did like the free parking !

• Liked — Free Parking
  • Disliked — View of parking lot
  • Tips/Secrets — Try to find another location to stay if possible.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Santa Barbara, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

I had booked our room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Scottsdale and I figure it is a Hilton hotel it should be a good hotel. Then right before we left I decided to read some reviews on Trip Advisor. After reading the reviews, I was concerned about staying at the hotel. We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel was good. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. We had the buffett breaksfast, which was okay too. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One of the best parts was that we were walking distance to Old Town Scottsdale, which has shops, galleries, restaurants, etc. If you are looking for good basic inexpensive (for Scottsdale) hotel, staying at the Hilton Garden Inn is a good choice. We would stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Basic interior
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2006

I stayed at this hotel on business on two separate occasions in Feb 2006. The location is very good, walking distance to everything in old-town. But the hotel is horrible. I got a very good corporate rate so the value was ok for its location, but had I paid more, I would be even more disappointed.

The hotel hallways are very dirty and old, the carpet is in serious need of replacement with stains all over the place. The rooms are musty and moldy.

During my first stay, I got a free upgrade to a “suite” because I’m Hilton Gold member, as well as two free water bottles. The size of the suite was fine but it was old and outdated and musty. In the middle of the night (3am), the fire alarm in the hotel went off! And the speaker is located right next to the bed and was putting out a SHREIKING 90db alarm. It scared the crap out of me, so much that I was not able to go back to sleep until 4am at which point, the alarm went off AGAIN! When I asked about it in the morning, they said it was because a guest was smoking in their room. Are you kidding me!

During my second stay, I was given an “accessible” suite near the elevator. What a mistake. Every time the elevator went up and down, there was a rumbling noise in my room, so much so, that I could not sleep. The next day, I asked to change rooms. They could not give me a suite, so they gave me a very old room facing the street. It was so moldy, I couldn’t handle it, so I asked for a different room. She (front desk lady) was not too happy to accommodate. The next room was just as bad. I had to ask for a third room (and she was really not happy about that) before I found a not so moldy room.

Bottom line, I would avoid this hotel. The only good thing about it is it’s location.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Brentwood, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

Stayed here after transfering over from the New Hilton Garden Inn in the North Perimeter..

Thought it would be easier to transfer to another " hilton " hotel. I would NOT stay at this hotel again. First room was on the street, I called to change it after the window did not lock and they had a problem getting me the room I had booked.

Figured I would wait and have lunch in their Jakes restaraunt.. Well I can tell you that was VERY VERY poor.

Service was terrible. Very disapointed. We rec'd a notice if we were not " out " of our room by noon it would not be cleaned that day ?? Charged 10.00 for a DSL cord which they did not refund.

We rented a room with a Jet Tub.. When I turned on the jets MOLD rushed through the tub.. Awful. We stay alot of places and I have NEVER stayed somewhere as poor as this.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Lisle, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2006

I stayed here for 3 nights for business. It is a great location in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. But for an average hotel, I thought it had some good perks. They have a very nice fitness center (and I've seen many hotel fitness centers) with 3 TVs and even 2 flat screen TVs. They have a restaurant and small bar on site as well.

The rooms were a little out dated. I didn't care much for the decor.

The staff was great though; lots of friendly and helpful people.

Stayed January 2006

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Scottsdale Old Town? Share your experiences!