“Take out the Deluxe” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Deming, New Mexico
“Take out the Deluxe”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My daughter and I spent 5 nights there while going to the Mayo clinic. Since we had booked through Hotwire and it was non-refundable we were stuck. The dishes were dirty and had to be washed before using. The coffee pot was so bad inside we just used instant in the microwave....which had a broken turntable. That night we found bugs on the counter. The noise level was bad. The halls smelled. The bed was like trying to sleep on a rock. Borka, one of the desk clerks, was very nice and tried to find some padding for it. Not much was available. My daughter slept on the little two cushion couch. The only reason I gave this 2 stars instead of one was because Borka was so nice. Give her a raise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I apologize that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one . We hope to earn your business again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
low quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The whole experience was great we could eat the foods we wanted when we wanted kept the cost and bother of going out all the timeThe staff was great and friendly especially heather. hot tube and pool clean an open. Going back next time we are in Scottsdale.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you were so pleased with your stay with us and that you were so pleased with the staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sedona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

A great place - helpful and friendly - full size fridge, cooker, microwave. They also have a guest laundry. And they are pet friendly. A good location. When I'm in the Scottsdale area with my dogs, this is where I stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm pleased to here that our amenities are useful to you during your stays. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
PORT ORCHARD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This was a real treat. Clean room and nice comfortable bed, quite area and great location. Stayed three nights and would loved to have stayed more. My room was on the third floor in the back and it was nice and quite. Front desk people were very plesent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff and the room quality has met your expectation. It is so wonderful to read positive reviews such as your which helps us build a great confident boost. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Provo, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have never been so disgusted going to a hotel. I thought this place was decent but then on arrival, which was with poor customer service, I found the linens to be dirty and smelt as if they were cleaned with toilet bowl cleaners. Also the suite was creepy because I would walk in and randomly all the cabinets and drawers would be opened. I don't think they treat their staff right and fair either. This place should be seen by the health department.. I think they would be shut down immediately if everyone knew what really goes on behind the scenes. DONT GO HERE!!! YOU WILL SOON REGRET IT.. its filthy!

Room Tip: ask for the nearest hotel. AND RUN!!! FAST!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 16, 2012

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about our customer service and our linens. First, our hotel is focused on exceptional customer service while following our policies & procedures carefully. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Second, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding which has been washed in traditional hot water and soap machines. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issues you have brought to my attention and discussed it with my hotel staff and upper management.

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We arrived just wanting to stay a night and were so pleased with our little suite that we stayed an extra night. Also enjoyed the pool, lovely and quiet and sheltered, we had it to ourselves both days. The breakfast is limited but we were not expecting any so anything was appreciated. Location is also excellent, set back off the main road a little so no road noise to keep us awake.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Darrell,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We’re so glad that you enjoyed us so much you stayed an extra night! As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our company's schedule changed at the last minute. We had a couple of jobs come up and I had 3 employees that needed to head up to to the Scottsdale area. My plan was to reserve them rooms at the Extended Stay America where they've stayed before for out of town jobs. I was instructed to find a place where all 3 of them could stay in one room and stay for 3 nights. This particular hotel only had studios,however, they referred me over to the Extended Stay Deluxe which was only a couple miles away. They were helpful and provided with what we needed and what I asked for. The crew got what they needed to get done and I asked them how their room/stay was and they told me, "Job well done, it was perfect!".
Thank you ESD!

Room Tip: I looked up online to view and see my options, however, I felt more assured in my decision after spe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience with Extended Stay Deluxe Phoenix - Scottsdale. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for your employees, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your crew here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale? Share your experiences!