“Clean, friendly.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Scottsdale

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Scottsdale to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Scottsdale
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7300 East Third Ave., Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Champlin, Minnesota
“Clean, friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The lobby was a bit chaotic at check in. We had to wait about 10-15 minutes until our room was ready. The staff was very apologetic for our wait. Our room was very clean. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Great location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for a great review of your stay in Scottsdale. I apologize for the delay you experienced at check-in. We are so glad that you enjoyed the staff and the clean room.

Hope to see you again on a future trip!
Janet Woolf-Hof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Alamo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We showed up Saturday afternoon on our way to our first spring training game only to realize, according tot eh manager, it is company policy to screw over people who booked through online through booking sites because they dont get as good a rate and Gave Our Rooms Away To Gold Level Members or whatever they call it.
So we - Booked 2 months in advance, paid upfront, and had no hotel rooms when we got there.
Thank god, the booking site we used for hotels on the internet (I dont wanna post the link so they don't block a rival competitor) Found us a better hotel who doesn't screw people over. I will NEVER stay at a Hyatt ever again

Room Tip: Don't trust these jerks - stay anywhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We apologize that we were unable to provide your requested bed type. The hotel tries to accommodate all requests and clearly this was not your experience. Please accept our apologies. I have shared your comments with my management team for review.

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office directly.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Just spent three nights at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice size rooms and great large flat screen tv. I found the bed very comfy, but my husband thought his side a little saggy. The Breakfast was fine, but was a little crowded at times. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hyatt Place Scottsdale. We are expecting to get all new mattresses this summer as part of our ongoing refurbishment of the hotel.

Come back and see us soon!
Palo Alto, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Perfect location for Old Town and 5th Ave shopping. Walking distance to ballpark with very friendly staff and rooms to fit the famly. Pretty decent breakfast included. An Ok pool that is secluded for privacy. This is a perfect place to bring family for Scottsdale adventure

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
So glad that you found our "gem" in the Heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Thank your for completing the survey and letting others know about our hotel, staff and breakfast. Hope you have an opportunity to come back very soon.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visited Scottsdale recently for a weekend getaway and found this location to be very convenient and within reasonable walking distance to shops and restaurants in Old Town and other parts of Scottsdale. Service and staff were very courteous and attentive and I enjoyed a comfortable stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have a prime location for walking to the nearby shops, restaurants and Giant's stadium. Thank you for taking the time to complete an on line review for Hyatt Place Scottsdale. We know you have many choices in the area and we are so glad that you stayed here!

Hope to see you again very soon!

New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel for a business trip because of the reviews here, which must have been written by relatives of the Hyatt family. Six - yes SIX - mess-ups in less than a day prompted me to check out at 7 am two days early and find another hotel.
1. First hint was when the directions on their website to their hotel were WRONG.
2, 3. My Hyatt profile distinctly says I don't want to stay near the elevator and I want a quiet room. I confirmed this when making my reservation. So where do they put me? Next to the elevator. Then they put me in a room across from one with a loud party going on at 4 pm. Finally, I took the third room.
4. Internet didn't work. The hotel manager was very nice and tried to fix it and even got on the phone with their tech support who got it going, but it was so slow that it might as well not have worked at all. (The problem was obviously on their end because I am writing this at the hotel across the street without any issue at all.)
5. It was really hot in the room. Had to put the AC on 64 to keep it cool. Then it would get cold. Then it would inexplicably stop altogether and get hot. Then it would ROAR back to life. Kept me up all night.
6. Guess it was a good thing that the AC kept me up all night because I never got my 6:30 wake-up call.
By 7 AM, I had it and stomped to the Marriott across the street which thankfully had rooms. Went back to the Hyatt and checked out - two days early. I have never ever done that before!
The manager was nice and sympathetic, as was the night manager, but that just wasn't enough.
They called me later that day and gave me 5,000 points, which was nice but besides the point.
It looks nice inside, but STEER CLEAR.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We know you have many choices in the area and it is dissapointing that we were unable to correct the short comings prior to your untimely departure. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service, but clearly we fell short during your visit. I know you spoke with Rob, but I would certainly encourage you to contact my office directly if I can be of any assistance.

Hyatt Place Scottsdale/Old Town
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed there 2 nights and I must say it was FIRST CLASS!! From check in to check out it was great. only wish there were a bit more T.V. stations.. I will always stay at this hotel when going to Scottsdale

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HPGeneralManager, General Manager at Hyatt Place Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete an on line review for Hyatt Place Scottsdale. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear about our staff.

Hope to see you again very soon!

Janet Woolf-Hof

Been to Hyatt Place Scottsdale? Share your experiences!