“We loved the property and its convenience to all major roads!” 5 of 5 stars

Scottsdale Links Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16858 North Perimeter Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85260   |
Ranked #58 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Bridgewater NJ USA
“We loved the property and its convenience to all major roads!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We found this neat place when a relaitve allowed us to share some timeshare points with him. We were visiting family in Scottsdale and this was perfect. Our little suite was ideal....functional kitchen with wine glasses and nice dishes. Comfy room with all the amenities we could want...they even run a $5 shuttle bus to places like the Musical Instrument Museum and the local casinos...there are activities for the kids and for adults The front desk is very helpful and will help you find restaurants and more. They give you a great map that helps a great deal. The room was clean and spacious with a kitchen, dining area, living room, bedroom, bathroom and laundry room with washer and dryer. Pool is newly renovated and there is a good exercise room. We have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. You do have to listen to a sales pitch when your register, but they were never really hard core and when we did make an appointment to hear the sell, we had to cancel because of a family commitment and they were very gracious about cancelling. We needed to travel up and down the 101 and there was easy access on and off the highway. Since we did eat in for breakfast and lunch, there was a ton of shopping right near by so that we could have a simple breakfast right in the room.

Room Tip: There is only stair access to the upper floors so if you don't want to carry your bags up 1 or 2...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Grafton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My colleague/friend won a bid on a week at the Links resort. 4 of us stayed in a 3 bedroom condo that had not yet been updated. We had an overall positive experience at the Scottsdale Links Resort. We are not golfers but instead went for the pool and sunshine-to escape the winter in the Midwest. We were very pleased. The room was comfortable, clean and the service was very nice from front desk to housekeeping. The pool, hot tub, grills, fitness rooms and location were all really great. The beds are very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped.

Two of my friends/colleague went to the "90 minute" time share talk sponsored by Black Diamond Resorts to qualify us for a nights stay in Sedona at a resort there. They went and they kept her for 3+ hours. Partly because one of them bought the Black Diamond Points sampler package. I would recommend keeping them to the agreed upon time limit.We did get the stay in Sedona for a cost of 20 dollars and we were able to leave our belongings in Scottsdale for that day....so it was a nice offer/deal.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

After reading other reviews, I was anticipating pushy "commission breath" folks in the resort office when checking in. Over all, the check in process was friendly, and thorough. I attempted to dodge the concierge desk, but was unsuccessful. I felt that the lady was a bit agressive since all I wanted to do was go relax after a long day of driving.

When we got to the third floor unit, I could NOT understand why people complained about no elevator. The stairs were not bad at all. Our unit layout was quite nice; however, our unit was in dire need of being remodeled.There was also an odd smell in the rooms that seemed to permeate from the bathrooms. The wi-fi is not free... I am not accustomed to this.. The pool area was beautiful. The poolside servers were great.

My husband and I attended the timeshare presentation that the concierge wrangled us into. We were told it would be a 90 minute presentation. The fine print of the invitation indicated that it was a 120 minute presentation. The presentation was actually 3 hours. I know these folks were only doing their job, but this was WAY TOO long. I was disappointed in the presenter's inability to respond to the impromptu questions. On a positive note, we received a generous gift card to the Chart house for attending the presentation. The Chart house food and service were excellent.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We found a great rate, around $100, and we were so happy with what we got. It was SPACIOUS... 2 bedrooms/2 baths/full kitchen/living/dining/laundry. The bathrooms were a little dated with a broken tile, and the housekeeping was not great (there was a hair on the tub from when we got there that they never managed to clean)... But for what we paid we were very happy.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Grimsby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We purchased 1 week at Scottsdale Links Resort on the internet without any personal references or experiences of others to assist in ur choice of resorts. We had no negative surprises and it was a very good week. The atmosphere in great for a quiet holiday in the sun. The tranquility pool is reserved for 18 years and older and the main pool is open to all ages. We found the tranquility pool was not very busy and we spent every day in this area.
I used the well equipped gym every morning and I was often the only person in the gym.
The 2nd floor room was large and well furnished with a washer and dryer and dishwasher. We often ate breakfast on the balcony and it was very quiet. Our rental car had parking under a shaded parking roof which was very nice as the weather was 100F everyday!
We would recommend this resort for couples and families that do not need luxury in order to have a relaxing holiday/ Watch out for speed cameras in Phoenix, the fine is ridiculously high - $240!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were going to visit my mother for Christmas in AZ, and for a gift she gave us a week at at timeshare (she traded one of her weeks for a week at Scottsdale Links). We were kind of worried after reading the reviews but it was 100% better than expected. Here's the skinny:

We were a family of 4, two adults and 2 kids. We had the two bedroom, two bath unit. A few weeks before the trip (Dec 24-31) I emailed and requested a updated unit away from Bell Road. (I never heard back) We got there about an hour before check in time and our unit was all ready. They did honor our request, but I wish they would have emailed me back. Check in was a breeze, BUT they do require a credit card and they CHARGE a 100.00 charge on the card. I checked today and the charge has been refunded. They should let you know this however sooner, because it was Christmas, and who knows what the state of my cards could have been? But anyway..They asked me to go to the other desk and get my "welcome package" and I said I would later. They got busy with someone else and I just left. I knew the welcome package was a time share bait, and I didn't want any of it.

The unit-it was a standard two bedroom apartment. Just fine, no frills unless you count the large flat screen tvs. But totally acceptable. Esp for people who are getting this place for 99.00/night off Priceline, I would say that is a total bargain. The unit was fully equipted with everything you would want to cook with-we are strict vegetarians, so we did a LOT of cooking ourselves. There is an amazing Whole Foods about 3 miles away that has everything you could ever want to eat, so we stocked up and ate well. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. I was a little bit of a crazy mom about the pool towels-they charge 25.00 bucks if you lose one of them, so I made sure the kids only got one.

That brings me to the BEST part of this resort..the pool. Pool chairs are amazing. They let you bring food into the pool area which is really nice. (We have stayed at the Sheraton Desert Oasis and they will NOT let food in by the pool) Pool is large and clean and so nice. There are chais galore and umbrellas...we just basically laid out there for hours at a time. We had a little cooler with some drinks and food..it was paradise. The hot tub is only so-so...you cannot see the pool when you are in the hot tub (there's a wall) so hubby and I could not be in the hot tub together as then the kids would be in the pool alone. Also, the hot tub tended to get overrun with kids, which was annoying. I wish parents would be smart enough to keep little ones out of 104 degree water, but no. It is not the resorts fault some parents are stupid.

A couple REALLY great things: For Christmas brunch I was baking coffee cake and a quiche. There was only 1 cake pan, and I needed 2. I called to the front desk, and I had another cake pan in under 10 min. AWESOME. Also there are some scheduled activities for people who like that, and snacks in the lobby in the afternoon for free.

One REALLY annoying thing: On CHRISTMAS morning, as my family was opening presents, the phone rang. I answered it, thinking maybe it was one of my other family members calling to say "Merry Christmas". Nope, it was the TIME SHARE PEOPLE. I said to her, "Ummm...excuse me?? You are calling me on Christmas morning to try and sell me a time share?? We are having a FAMILY Christmas!" She stammered an apology and hung up. For shame! Anyway, we did not get bothered about the time share crap except for that one time.

All in all, it was lovely and we would def. stay there again. Hubby was kind of put out that we had to pay for wi-fi, but oh well. I think the pool made up for it. :)

Room Tip: Again, request an updated room away from Bell Road. You will be closer to the pool and if the unit w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Menifee, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed at this resort with my daughter and grandchildren for 2 nights. We arrived later than had expected. The clerk at the front desk seemed more than a little irritated at my questions about the different rooms and areas within the resort. The room she gave me was all she had in the refurbished rooms. Judging from other reviews, I would have to assume that it was one the "refurbished" rooms. It had the new TV's but that is all I could see that had been "refurbished." The tiles in the entry were cracked. The extra blanket (only one) was worn as well as some of the towels. The wall behind the TV still had the hardware attached from the previous TV. The worst part was the bathroom had an odor when we first got there and when we left for the day the odor would return. If I had been staying for more than 2 nights I would have asked for another room. I exchanged through my timeshare and I am usually more than pleased with the accommodations. Those are the negatives which were irritating to me. The positives: When I checked out the clerk was very apologetic and very professional. The grounds were very well kept. We wish the weather had been warm enough to use the pool, it did look very inviting. The unit was very well stocked and we lacked for nothing in the kitchen. We even found a cookie sheet in the oven. The resort served our needs for our little mini vacation, however, I would not want to stay there for a whole week.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from Bell based on another review. I don't think it was necessary. I did...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Scottsdale Links Resort? Share your experiences!