“Enjoyable Stay; Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Minnesota
“Enjoyable Stay; Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

I stayed here for business recently. Service is excellent. From the time I stepped off the Super Shuttle until I left for the airport, I received top-notch service. I arrived at 11 am and still, the cheerful woman at the front desk provided me with a beautiful room on the 3rd floor. Room was great. Loved the french double doors. Bed was extremely comfortable; room was super quiet. Bathroom was quite nice. I upgraded my room to include a high speed connection and breakfast for $14. The breakfast was delicious...especially the spectacular fresh fruit including raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries. I ate lunch out on the patio...great weather and beautiful spot. Cobb salad was delicious.. Pasta dinner was good too. Bar was quiet but had good wine. Best part of my trip was the free transportation to local businesses, restaurants, shops, etc provided by the nice valets out front. No charge to drive me to my destinations...I tipped generously. Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Farmington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I travel a lot and have stayed in a lot of hotels, But this one was Great. Its kind of hidden and quiet. Although there is some construction going on next door that I was able to hear sometimes the hotel itself was amazing. I had a wonderful experience beginning with the doorman David he was very polite and helped me with my bags, he wasn't like the other doorman at places I have stayed before where they make it known that they are expecting tips, he was very polite and courteous and even helped me put the bags in my room, There were two girls at the front desk, both in matching uniform that looked very nice and professional and Tina Checked me in Very polite girl, I wasn't being the nicest either because I wanted a king room and somehow I was booked in a room with two double beds and the hotel was "sold out" but she worked very hard to make me Happy with where I was being put for the next 6 days. I didn't eat at the hotel although walking through their lobby in the A.M. it smelled absolutely wonderful. The concierge was a little stuffy and kind of rude, helpful but not the nicest. I was able to relax when I wasn't working, my room was very spacious with a balcony and the beds were very comfortable, there is a separate sitting room with a sofa that folds out into i'm assuming a queen size bed, with a sink and a refrigerator, its separate from the bedroom nice if you are traveling with kids. It has a fitness center that is open 24 hours with out that additional charge like you see at other hotels, the swimming pool was kind of small but there were few people at it whenever I would go out to sit by it, I would recommend this hotel especially if you are more interested in comfort and actual hospitality then you are about shopping. I would like to call its "Scottsdale's Hidden Gem"

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Our room was spotless, enormous, and had a very comfortable bed. I loved having the two rooms so that we could put our 2-year old to bed while we stayed up. I thought the hotel was very accommodating to young children, and several other families were there the weekend we were. We spent hours in the pool. There isn't much exploring to be done on the hotel grounds as it is mainly a golf course, but there is a huge sports complex with playgrounds, ballfields, etc. just a couple minute drive away. The hotel staff also recommended hiking trails and other nearby acitvities, but we didn't have time (and it was too hot) to check them out. The only small issue we had was that the babysitting service used by the hotel sent a babysitter who arrived an hour late.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I loved this hotel, the service was wonderful, and its a great location! I LOVED that the beds were seperate from sitting area.

The staff at this hotel was GREAT!! VERY VERY helpful and kind:)) Best service I have ever had at a Marriott.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Golden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

While I only stayed 1 night in this hotel it was comfortable and relaxing. The staff was eager to please as well. I'd highly recommend this hotel to others traveling to the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

The reviews had been decidedly mixed for this hotel, especially as compared to higher priced hotels/resorts such as the Four Seasons. (I love the Four Seasons chain; this isn't a comment on the luxuries/amenities offered there.) I was very pleasantly surprised by the loveliness of this hotel.
The pool is reasonably large (open until 11 pm), the lobby is beautiful, and the staff was very attentive. The gym facility is available around the clock, WITHOUT the added "resort charge" that many hotels/resorts either require of all of their guests or just those who want to use the gym.
And all of it was ours, over the labor day weekend, for only $89/night (with a AAA card)! They even threw in a rollaway bed, with NO added charge! If we weren't being spritzed with water throughout the day or fed popsicles poolside (as is undoubtedly done at the Four Seasons), we also were paying less than half the price for extraordinary comfort.
One more thing: EVERY room is a suite! That's right. UNLIKE the standard rooms at most every other hotel in town, you put the kids in one room, and you and your partner take the other -- closed doors separating the generations! Suites at this price? And very comfortable ones at that? (With two double beds in the master, and a pullout double sofa and a free rollaway in the living area, you can easily sleep 7 people for only $89 a night!)
How could you not consider staying there! Families with children should unquestionably look seriously at this fabulous hotel -- for its comfort; for the suites; for its unparalleled value; for its philosophy that nickel-and-diming guests is not the way to develop a loyal guest base; and for its very friendly staff.
It may not be a five star hotel, but it's a solid four star facility, and it deserves your serious consideration.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to Scottsdale for my brothers' wedding. My boyfriend is a paraplegic and trust me, when I say that accessibility is very important to us. The room we stayed in was perfect. It had a roll in shower, counters his legs would fit under, and plenty of room to roll around with ease. The bed, which was huge, was the most comfortable bed we have ever slept in. I would love to find out what kind it was so I could get one for our house. Everything was super clean and the staff was very friendly. By far the best experience we have ever had.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Scottsdale Marriott at McDowell Mountains? Share your experiences!