“The Best Stay to date!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
England
“The Best Stay to date!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

This was without doubt the best stay at any hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was unbelieveable - they could not do enough to help. A real personal and friendly service. They gave us a free upgrade, produced anything we required within minutes. I unfortunately had to visit a doctor whilst there, and they without hesitation organised an appointment and gave us a courtesy limo too! The resort is beautiful, stunning and spotless. We really could not fault it, and are actually thinking of getting married there!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

This was my fourth stay at The Phoenician, and it has never disappointed! I live in Phoenix, so can book a stay pretty much any time I want.

I come to The Phoenician in the summertime, when rates are low. Well, everything's pricey, but let me tell you, worth every penny! I truly believe The Phoenician is the best resort in the State of Arizona, if not the entire Southwest.

I have never had a negative experience here. The hotel staff are the most attentive and nice I've ever come across. I was a solo guest, and was always made to feel welcome and comfortable.

I was a "Spa Girl" most days... The Centre for Well-Being is a fantastic spa! I had services everyday... a facial, the 80-Minute Swedish Massage, a pedicure, and the Barefoot In the Lemongrass treatment. The price for the 80-minute massage gave me pause, but hell, you can't take it with you, and there's more to life than working and paying bills! Treat yourself as I did! Every treatment was amazing! The massage was unforgettable!

The Terrace Dining Room has always been wonderful to me. Most nights, I ate in the bar. The staff was so kind and attentive, without being intrusive.

I simply don't think you can do any better than The Phoenician. I've already planned another visit for early December! I shall return again and again!

• Liked — My bed and The Centre for Well-Being Spa.
  • Disliked — Everything was perfect.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't think about the money and enjoy yourself!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
lancaster, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2006

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Phoenician in June 2006. Our room was very cozy, the grounds beautiful and the food delicious. You paid for this in cost but if you enjoy luxury it is well worth every penny. For about $150 a day you can rent a private cabana by the pool. I highly recommend this. Not only do you get shade and comfort poolside, you have your own bathroom and shower. We did have a problem with the pool on our last day. The chemicals were out of sync and all of our bathing suits and hair were destroyed (we all were green). It was horrible and we all were shocked this would happen at a resort such as The Phoenician. Thankfully management was very understanding and they reimbursed us for our suits and hair care. The service was exceptional and caring. We did not visit the spa but I hear it is wonderful too. I highly recommend this resort to anyone who likes to be pampered.

woodbury, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

If you want the ultimate in service, accommodations, and just
an overall fantastic experience, visit the Phoenician Hotel
and Resort in Scottsdale, AZ
It deserves every 5 Star rating it has earned, and as a travel
industry guest ie: Airline Employee, this must rate in my
personal Top 5!
From check in to check out, every employee treats you as a
welcomed friend, not a hotel guest. The concierge staff is especially
wonderful, and helped us plan our car trip to the Grand Canyon
during the Sedona fires. They monitored the internet
every day, assuring us a safe and enjoyable trip.
The pools are incredible, and the restaurants are also
first rate. I am already planning a return trip.

Stayed June 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2006

My husband and I spent six relaxing days at the Phoenician this June. He was there for business, I for pleasure, and both of us to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I emailed the resort to tell them it was our anniversary, ask for a room upgrade, and make dinner reservations. When we arrived at the resort we had been upgraded to a Junior Suite in the Canyon Building.

The Canyon Building is above the center of the resort and very private. We never ventured to any of the other pools or buildings, other than for dinner at Windows on the Green. Staying there was the way to go for a couple looking for relaxation and quiet. Our suite was spacious, bright, and airy. There is an honor bar and fridge which we promptly filled with our own beer, water, and snacks from a local Safeway. The price of the food and drink in the honor bar was outrageous. We’re talking a $14 bottle of airplane sized vodka. Really. The bathroom was beautiful and the bed was like a dream. I can see where the dated comments regarding the furnishings come from. It wasn’t obvious until you looked a little closer, but there were some nicks in the wood and scratches on the glass. It wasn’t a big concern to me, but if I had paid the peak season price of $2500 a night for one of these suites I would have wanted absolute perfection. It wouldn’t take much to update and I’m sure it’s in the future of the resort.

The Canyon pool was the absolute best. No kids. On weekdays, at its most crowded, there were maybe 10 of us there. It was wonderfully relaxing and the pitchers of ice water were a very necessary nice touch. I was hot like I’ve never been hot before in my life! Spending the days on the padded loungers reading the USA Today delivered to my room each morning was as close to perfection as it gets. I ate lunch by the pool most days. Everything was overpriced, but fine. Nothing spectacular, but it required no effort on my part, so it worked for me. Being tucked down in the valley of Camelback Mountain provided absolutely amazing scenery. The pools are all open 24 hours a day and a night swim was the ideal way to unwind before bed. Unfortunately, we were unaware there was a spa just a few steps away from the Canyon pool. It’s in a pretty little spot nestled in the desert.

The room was replenished each day and the turn down service was lovely to come home in the evening to. Every employee we came in contact with greeted us with a smile and a kind word. A great majority of them seemed to be college kids. The food and service at Windows on the Green was top notch. We received a complimentary toast and dessert for our anniversary. We ordered room service at 2:00 a.m. and they were the most expensive and delicious cheese burgers I’ve ever had! We had the Canyon building’s concierge call us cars any time we needed to get somewhere and rides ranged from $12 - $40. Into Old Town was $12, out to the airport was $40, and the in between.
We had an amazing time. It was about nothing more than relaxation and indulgence. I would lay by the pool all day, go to the room and take a bubble bath in the marble Jacuzzi tub, and nap in a giant fluffy bed…I was so spoiled. It’s tough to be back in the real world again. I would stay at the Phoenician again in the off-season. The lower rates make it well worth it. I’d think twice about in-season rates because it costs money just to breathe there. If you’re in the mood to treat yourself, I’m sure you’ll be spoiled by the Phoenician, too!

• Stayed June 2006
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

Just returned from business trip to Scottsdale and stayed at the Phoenician. The facilities are older yet in good repair overall. The entrance, lobby, bar & dinning areas are very nice. The large complex of pools & waterslide are laid out so are you visually separated and don’t feel your crowded. Some tiles were missing but general repair and pool bathrooms were in good order.

The “Center for Well Being” more commonly known as a spa, is beginning to show its age. The men’s locker room, sauna and steam bath was worn. The locker area was in poor condition. Old lockers were marred and had stained surfaces, broken hinge on my locker #130. The showers took approximately 1.5-2 minutes to get hot water and the hardware was worn. Looking up in the shower you will notice they replaced the “rain-fall” large water head with a smaller unit found in the standard room shower yet did not repair the larger entry hole left by the old shower head leaving a larger hole. The attendant had nothing to do but follow me around. I bumped into him going into the shower, coming out of the steam shower and whirlpool, felt stalked.

The rooms were nice size with comfortable beds and excellent linen. The bathroom has an ageless soft quality with plenty of natural stone everywhere.

Overall service is great. Food was very good. Setting was excellent with views of Camelback Mountain and meticulously maintained grounds. Negatives: that attendant in the spa, all wallpaper in the rooms and halls needs to be replaced (stained, torn, etc…) carpets very worn.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2006

We recently decided to take a relaxing vacation (instead of a hurried sight seeing vacation) and set our sights on Scottsdale, Arizona. A little leery at first that we would be the youngest people in the retirement town, we decided to stay at The Phoenician Resort for some much needed R&R. And we loved it! The room was very comfortable and spacious, not to mention the view of Camelback Mountain from our balcony! The bathroom was also very nice with a shower, a tub and lots of counter space - and full size complimentary toiletries. (These toiletries were top notch too - wonderfully aromatic Grapefruit Eucalyptus designed specifically for the Spa at The Phoenician).

While we were there my husband took in a round of golf at the resort's course. The views were spectacular he noted - although he said the course was just alright. I took in the spa while he played. I enjoyed the Tranquility Scrub, Wrap and Massage. It was heavenly! After my spa treatment, I indulged in the Meditation Atrium provided for spa guests. It was nice to let everything soak in and continue my relaxation without having to rush to get dressed and get out of the facility.

When we weren't golfing or enjoying the spa, we spent most afternoons by one of the 9 pools the resort offers. Each day as we were "setting up camp", we were greeted by someone from the wait staff. They would deliver a pitcher of ice water and help you put up your umbrella (if desired). The drinks by the pool (although a tad expensive) were worth every penny. I don't know what it is about sitting by the water with a fruity beverage in hand but it really makes you feel like you are on vacation.

Overall this resort was the best experience I have had on vacation. The staff was very attentive and catered to any need. The overall price was more than we normally spend but we returned home relaxed and refreshed and knew we had made a great choice! I would definitely return to Scottsdale - and will stay at the Phoenician!

Been to The Phoenician, Scottsdale? Share your experiences!