“Epitome of luxury, attentive staff service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Adelaide, Australia
“Epitome of luxury, attentive staff service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were travelling in a family of 10 :6 adults & 4 kids ages ranging between 2-7yrs. The whole hotel & the rooms was very luxurious; the rooms were huge with luxurious bathrooms. The restaurant where we had breakfast was very well based, roomy & extended outdoors. Food fare was regular breakfast type & well presented with good variety. The waiter who attended to us was helpful, delightful & made us feel very welcome; I wish I can recall his name to commend him - this may help : my family had breakfast on 26 July 2014.

Room Tip: Room 1120. We occupied 4 consecutive rooms as a big family & every one was excellent!
Green Features: The toiletries were of an environmentally friendly sort.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Phoenician at least a dozen times over the past 2 years. The JW Marriott used to be my go to spot in the Phoenix area. I have not been back there in over 2 years now! The location of the resort just far enough away to be peaceful, but still only about 3-4 minutes from the heart of Scottsdale (Mall, offsite shopping, other restaurants (although the resort restaurants are awesome)).

As a SPG Platinum I feel service is good. I am regularly upgraded to a better room, but only once a suite in as many nights. Since I am almost always there on a weekend I think this may play into that. I actually really enjoy the casita rooms! If you plan to be at the pool, or dine at Relish (the excellent on site burger restaurant) these are ideal!

Rooms are always clean!
I think I Valet parked once... It's so unneeded. Self parking is free, and directly underneath the resort, so you can just park and take the elevator up to the lobby.

And a review wouldn't be complete without a suggestion... I like that they have a K Cup coffee maker in the room. It is a nice touch. The one thing is I like my coffee sugary and creamy:). They have 4 K cups in the rooms, but only 2 creams and 4 sugars. It's just not enough for more than 1 serving, so me and my wife split a cup when there. I always meant to ask the front desk for more, but it's never a big enough deal to bother with.

I will return here over and over again knowing I always know what I am getting, and that my expectations will be consistently exceeded!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed another great stay at our resort! We know you have many luxury resort choices in the area, so thank you for your continued loyalty to SPG and The Phoenician. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We just stayed here for 4 nights. If you are at all able to handle 105 degree summer heat, then there is a tremendous value to be had staying here. I prefer a pool with curves and with shade. There are quite a few pools at this property. There seems to be one for everybody. The movie night at the pool on Saturday nights is for kids. There is a water slide, kind of slow, again for kids.

The rooms in the main building are very convenient vs staying in the Casitas.

The beds are awesome.

The breakfast buffet on weekends is expensive but full of fresh fruit, croissants, omelets, etc.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are most convenient.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Had a wonderful four days staying at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale, Az. The hotel was very accommodating regarding our requests for easy access to pool and restaurants. The entire staff was most professional and friendly. Food was excellent and service in general impeccable. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to restaurants and pool, stay I. The main building.
Green Features: It seemed that the entire staff was aware that this was a birthday celebration.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

One of the most relaxing places that we have EVER been. All services were impeccable--from restaurants to the spa facilities and everything in between. The Sunday brunch is NOT to be missed. Lounging at the pool for most of the day, with poolside lunch, was nirvana. Note: The Phoenician has the best in-room showers area of any place that I can think of...and with the heat out in Scottsdale, they are most welcome. When you need to get away from it all....this is certainly one of the places to go.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you so much for the great review! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of you recent stay at The Phoenician. We sincerely appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back again soon!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

It was my second time in the past few years staying at the property. The rooms were nice, grounds well-kept, and facilities perfect for our meeting. every where I went...room, public bathrooms, meeting rooms, lobby spaces...was clean and neat. Not a spec of dirt anywhere!

I did want to commend 1 staff member: Tashonda from banquets. She was our server for breakfast all 3 days of our conference. The first day, I asked for something special to drink. She went and got it for me promptly. The second day, she was there again, but this time already had my special drink ready! Needless to say, she did the same on the third day! Kudos to her for anticipating my needs and reacting accordingly!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience at The Phoenician! We are, however, most pleased that you took the time to highlight Tashonda in your review, as we know she will be happy to hear that she was able to provide you with a AAA Five Diamond service encounter. Whether for business or leisure, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This resort is located on the foothill of Camelback Mountain, and what a backdrop that is. They have a hiking trail behind the hotel, on the Camelback Mountain that offer great views of Scottsdale. You also go through their cactus garden, which is so beautiful.
The grounds are gorgeous and immaculately kept, so are the facilities. Staff is friendly and professional. The walking yoga is amazing!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for the great review! It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed the resort grounds, walking yoga, and proximity to Camelback Mountain! It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Been to The Phoenician, Scottsdale? Share your experiences!