“Best place to stay in Scottsdale!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #9 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Boca Raton, Florida
“Best place to stay in Scottsdale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here because my job was holding a training here. The staffs service made my stay as the most unforgettable expirence. Michelle from the concierge planed a free day that I had in the area so I was able to see everything that Phoenix had to offer. Also my first night there I ordered room service and the attendant was so friendly and personable. The bellman also went above and beyond and always offered me a bottle of water. If you need a place to stay in the area this is your best option!

• Stayed June 2014
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience at The Phoenician! Whether for business or leisure, we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First of all, I would like to applaud the type of service and professionalism that I recently encountered at this lovely establishment. I have stayed at a fair number of resorts and hotels throughout my career and vacations, and felt the need to write this review due to my personal experience.

1) The service. As I mentioned, I have stayed at a fair number of top-notch resorts, but rarely have I come across the type of service that I encountered during my stay at The Phoenician. I applaud the management for understand that a hotel like this will have many other competitors that offers similar beauty and resources, but what distinguishes one place vs. the other is simply how they treat their guests and also, how they go out of their way to make their guests feel welcomed. And that is what I encountered with this resort. Each and every step, anything from a bottle of water to asking how my day was going to anything whatsoever, they were top notch.

2) Professonalism. I booked my stay via the in-house reservation and encountered an individual named Nathan Davidson that I find it important to point out. Beyond being courteous and professional, Nathan spent the time to work with me on my reservation, and when you come across that level of professionalism and someone who actually speaks to you as they want to speak to you and make everything as perfect as it can be, it is very refreshing. I hope management continues to hire and train people like Nathan because trust me, it is that level of service that distinguishes a resort.

3) The pool, valet guys, hotel room staff, etc....The pictures and the resort itself speaks for itself. Just look at the pictures and yes, those pictures are for real and this place is really that breathtaking. But it was also all the little thing that accumulated that made me appreciate this place even more. The friendliness, the taste of the Phoenican Crunch ice cream, how they serviced your room not once but twice in a single day, the kindness of the valet guys, and etc...just magnificent.

Again, a great and memorable stay. I look forward to visiting again.

Room Tip: Four floor reviews facing South was absolutely gorgeous.
Green Features: Top-notch, it's rated 5 stars for a good reason.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wow, thank you for sharing your wonderful review! As a AAA Five Diamond resort, we strive to deliver personalized, memorable experiences for our guests. With that being said, we would sincerely like to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge the efforts of our Ambassadors – especially the service you received from Nate. We take great pride in your comments and have shared your review with our management team. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It's funny to read what others have to say that stayed during the same time period that we did. We stayed over the 4th of July and our experience went above and beyond. We arrived on July 3rd and experience a Dust Storm, the manager of the restaurant approached our table to just let us know what might happen and he filled us in on exactly what a dust storm was. Everyone used our name if they knew. The pool people hovered close by and delivered pitchers of ice water on a continuous basis. July 4th the pool was packed, they did the best that they could with the amount of people that were there. Extra chairs were set up on the grass, and even there they were delivering those pitchers of water. Everyone was as accommodating as possible considering the circumstances of the crowds. Our room was spotless. We own a restaurant so I am always looking for dust and those spots that no one remembers to clean and honestly I couldn't find anything to complain about. Turn down service at night, newspaper at our door in the morning. Ice delivered quickly when needed. Check in was very easy and we were able to check in early which was a pleasant surprise, and the Conceirge service was fantastic. They took the time to talk to you and their recommendations were spot on. The hotel itself provided Infiniti SUV's when we needed transpiration that was close by, and our drivers were courteous and informative on the area. We had delicious burgers at Relish on the golf course, and the Italian restaurant for dinner was awesome and for breakfast was wonderful. Didn't want to leave and definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It’s wonderful to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your 4th of July holiday at The Phoenician! We hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Scottsdale!
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I probably would have enjoyed this stay more if I didn't have the expectations of a 5 star hotel. I would not call this a 5 star hotel. The room we had was outdated and had an odd smell. It looked out over an ugly roof and had no view unless you leaned way out and looked to the right and you could see a little sky.

The first night we had turn down service. None the second. The housecleaning crew came while I was still in the room the first morning and I asked them to come later. They never returned and so our room was never cleaned over the two nights and three days.

The resort fee was pretty outrageous. I get a little bitter when every little thing is added as fees. Drink at the bar was undrinkable. We threw it away and it was $15. I asked for a taxi to downtown, was offered a shuttle service. I wasn't told it would be $15 to go 2.4 miles.

The pool was very nice but very crowded. We couldn't get chairs for both of us so we shared. The service by the pool was good.

They had a lot of activities all weekend. Probably best for families with kids. I was interested in a cocktail mixology class and called the number listed to reserve a spot three times. No one ever answered.

The highlight was fireworks last night on the patio. They were beautiful and we enjoyed the live music too. Service on the patio was good, although the smoking bothered me.

I appreciated the underground parking to keep the car cool.

Overall, decent room, nice resort, okay service, not what I would call 5 star based on my experience at other 5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback. We regret to hear that we fell short of meeting your expectations during your recent stay. Providing our guests with consistent service is our top priority, and we are disappointed that we failed to meet our AAA Five Diamond standards. Please know that for any reason appointed accommodations do not meet our guests’ needs, we are more than happy to relocate them, based on availability. We hope you will visit us again so that we may provide you with the personalized, luxurious experience for which we are known.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

This is not a 5 star hotel. I would give it 3, 3.5 most. The pictures on the website were photoshopped to look perfect.
Service is average. Rooms are outdated and not spotless (as you would expect from 5 star hotel). The bathrooms around the pool are dirty, paper towels all over the place.
The guy near us got a cut in the foot while in pool, he was bleeding when he got out. The staff "cleaned it" with towels, no sanitiser or chlorine.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
PhoenicianManager, Public Relations Manager at The Phoenician, Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We appreciate your important feedback regarding your recent holiday stay. Please know that The Phoenician is committed to providing the highest standards of service and quality for each and every guest. Part of that commitment has included more than $100 million in capitalization efforts across the last six years. In addition, a complete redesign of the guestrooms is scheduled for the very near future. I assure you that your concerns are being shared with management and the appropriate staff to confirm that pool standards are being met on a daily basis. We regret that your experience did not meet your expectations, nor those of our team. We do hope you will visit us again this summer so that you can enjoy our true AAA Five Diamond style.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I love this resort, grounds are beautiful. I love the pool areas and the service is always amazing. They treat you like royalty here. Eating at the restaurant downstairs for breakfast was so peaceful with great views, blueberry pancakes are a must. Won't stay anywhere else in Scottsdale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaver Creek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

From my greeting by Anthony to my check out everything about the Phoenician experience was exceptional. Being in the business I know how difficult it is to grant early check in requests but even at my very early arival time Jenn at the front desk never missed a beat and I was in my room in no time. The room was perfectly prepared and throughout my five day stay housekeeping was flawless!! I felt pampered,important and most of all relaxed. On the the first day of my stay I got turned around I had trouble getting back to my room and Tony the bartender at one of the restaurants came out to help me find the right elevator bank !! That kind of service and hospitality will ensure that I return !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your review with others online. It’s wonderful to hear that your overall experience was an exceptional one, and that you felt relaxed and pampered during your stay. We truly appreciate your kind words and hope to welcome you back again soon!

Been to The Phoenician, Scottsdale? Share your experiences!