We had two rooms at The Phoenician for a two-night stay in December. Both rooms were given SPG Platinum upgrades to Casita Rooms. These rooms are roughly the same size as the rooms in the main building but are located in a separate area. Staying in these rooms means you're closer to the golf course, spa and mother of pearl pool. You'll also have a bit more privacy and you'll park your car for free right in front of your room. The downside is that you'll have quite a walk to the main building for access to the free SPG Platinum continental breakfast (if you select that option) or other food & beverage offerings. The golf club house does have a restaurant as well, but will not have as much to offer as the main building. An alternative is to take your car up to the main building when you're dining. The valets were very accommodating and would leave our car right out front without charging us any fees.
The room worked well for us since we had golf plans. The main pools were closed during our stay for renovations so we didn't utilize them. The SPG Platinum breakfast is a good option if you're eating on a weekend when they have the buffet, however it's not offered during the week so you'll order from a menu.
The service was good overall. Standouts were the omelette chef and server at Il Terrazo.
I'd recommend trying drinks and small plates at the Thirsty Camel lobby lounge during sunset.
SPG members should note that golf charges do not accrue SPG points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers a 27-hole championship golf course, onsite spa, and over 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale