We stayed at the Phoenician for a long weekend getaway. We were looking forward to spa days and pampering by the pool.
The spa: old, outdated, and the nail salon the same. While the grounds were beautiful and the pool lovely, the behind the scene services are lacking. The pedicure was second rate and the massage during was virtually nonexistent.
The food: unfortunately the food was not good at the Phoenician and completely overpriced. We ordered a tuna sandwich at the pool for over $15 and it was more underwhelming than one made at home. All food eaten there- except the french fries was poor.
Service: at the bar at night it took us 35 minutes to get water and then another 25 to get our other drinks. The server was not on the balk, nor was she very friendly- none of them were. Service at the pool was friendly, but again it took 45 minutes for a horrible sandwich (came out wrong) and drinks. Our drinks alone took minimum of a half an hour each time.
The rooms: fine, nothing stellar, bathrooms nice. We had a leaky pipe under our sink, but not a big deal. The bed was very clean and comfortable. The hotel layout has little continuity or ease of navigation. It was a very windy and long walk to everything.
Check in: did not provide us with maps, hotel basic introduction, or any assistance upon arrival. We asked for a king bed and were given a room with two full beds- referred to as "oversized ". We entered the room and the beds looked like fulls. We went back down, asked for a king, and they changed us, but we lost the view. We were now over the driveway.
With all of the luxurious options available today, the Phoenician is simply not worth the money unless you only want a comfortable bed and a wonderful pool- in which case, it's the perfect place. They need a service, food, and amenities makeover.
- Also Known As:
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician, Scottsdale Hotel
- Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- The Phoenician Hotel Scottsdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Phoenician is a luxury resort in Scottsdale, AZ that offers a 27-hole championship golf course, onsite spa, and over 160,000 sq ft of indoor and outdoor event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Phoenician, Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.