“Another great stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Another great stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Fairmont Scottsdale is a stunning property. Never fails to impress. The staff is always top notch, helpful, courteous and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean. There are numerous great locations on the property but I like C wing with views towards the course and it's quiet but still near a nice pool. Amenities and on site food options are expensive - my only complaint.

Room Tip: I like C wing near the East pool - ask for golf course views.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Great hotel, great staff, fair price. Hated that they don't allow cab to be called and the food was overpriced. However, the overall experience is amazing. It's set right on the TPC course, which is great. The amenities are fantastic. The food, especially breakfast was over priced, but everything else is great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We recently spent 2 nights here, after having booked a room on Hotwire for $115 per night. This is an amazing hotel. The attitude of the staff was positive and helpful. Most are young and enthusiastic . Always willing to help and make suggestions. We ate in the hotel restaurant , Bourbon Steak, and had what was quite possibly the best burger of my life. Oh, and amazing fries fried in duck fat with 3 sauces. Everything was perfect. I had a little problem with my meal, which I mentioned to the waiter, who promptly called the manager, who insisted that we not pay for dinner. I am not going to mention the problem, it was small , and I was embarrassed that the manager had been called. That aside, he and the waiter handled it graciously and generously, and we were not expecting it.
I honestly would not hesitate recommending this restaurant, it was top notch. The hotel as well. I don't understand the negative reviews of other travellers.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontScottsdale, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear MontrealMomma,

Thank you for joining us! We very much appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you enjoyed the burger and duck fat fries at Bourbon Steak. (Which of the fries/sauces did you like best?) We apologize for any issue and are pleased it was resolved to your satisfaction. We do hope you will return to the restaurant and resort again soon!

Valerie Lee
Director of Public Relations
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was recently at the Fairmont Scottsdale for a conference. My room was spacious and clean and the spa was amazing with absolutely fantastic customer service. All the meals I had at the hotel were tasty as well and the salesladies at the Prickly Pear shop were very helpful when I needed to purchase some additional clothing items when the weather turned out to be colder than I'd expected. The only negatives I have to report are: 1) the gym equipment is pretty old and, given the size of the property and number of guests they are able to host, they could stand to add more because everything was taken when I arrived at 5:30 am one morning; 2) I was shocked to find that the steakhouse was closed on Sunday nights, so that my only option was the Mexican place; 3) the floors are tile, so I was routinely awakened (usually around 4:00 am) by other guests dragging their suitcases to the lobby to check out; 4) the cleaning staff is very slow -- twice I left my room before 7:30 am and returned around 3:45 pm to find the maid in there. The weirdest part was that both times she had deadbolted the door so that I couldn't get in. I saw no evidence that she had taken anything but remain quite curious what she was doing in there that she didn't want anyone walking in on..... In any event, by and large my stay was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Because I was running back and forth to the conference center, I was happy to have a room that wasn...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently spent two nights at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale while participating in the Barrett Jackson auction. They were fairly sold out so we were upgraded to a Casita. That made it a "suite" deal for us.
Though quite a distance from the main hotel, we appreciated that each unit felt like your own small condo without a kitchen. The units were very clean, spacious and comfortable.
I might recommend that you request a 2nd floor unit because we were surprised by a young, feisty scorpion in our shower the first morning. Frightening! Perhaps a higher unit might not be as susceptible to those critters crawling in. I did call the front desk and ask that they thoroughly check our room while we were gone that day-just to be sure more were not lurking in a corner or under a bed. They did follow through with their apologies and left a message that it had been accomplished while we were away. I guess that just comes with the territory in Arizona! i must admit, it put a slight damper on the stay. I made sure all my belongings were up off the floor and never walked bare-footed.

Walking the grounds along the waterway was very nice. We saw bunnies, too, as another reviewer mentioned. Cute.
We had breakfast included and opted for the Country Club dining room a short drive away. It was good food and a nice view overlooking the golf course. The onsite, casual dinner area near the pool was just okay. I would rate this facility "Good"...if it were available.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the golf course are nice. The Casitas are very comfortable and spacious. Quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am not sure why there are any negative reviews of the princess. My husband and I bought a 2nit getaway at an auction and added a third. We would have stayed longer if we could have. The staff was warm and helpful, the room very large, nice, and had and a beautiful view, and the food excellent. We also played golf every day at the three nearby courses--topic champions, topic stadium, and gray hawk. The concierge setup all of our tee times, and the hotel shuttle took us to each course. The pool was lovely as well. I would definitely go back again--today if I could!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely resort, very large and spacious. The gardens are beautiful and it's lovely to walk around the duck pond and the cactus garden. You even see bunny rabbits on the lawn eating. The bar area is spectacular and wonderful to have a drink in the outdoors while next to a little fire to take the chill off. The rooms are of good size (standard room), with a large bathroom and balcony - so very comfortable. The one gripe I have is that we went down to the main pool (the only one heated in Feb) and there were no spare sun lounges (all gone). There were some spare in the tented area, but of course you have to pay for that privelege. So we went without a swim. Then we wanted to eat at Bourbon Steak (on site restaurant) and was fully booked till 9.30pm, so we didn't get to eat there that night. A good alternative was the bar area and the food was very good. I did enjoy staying here, but it seems you have to get up early for you sun lounge and you have to book in advance for your dinner - sometimes you just want to 'go with the flow' and not plan everything...guess you have to here. I always find it amazing that a hotel/resort cannot cater for all of its guests at the same time....

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Scottsdale? Share your experiences!