“Great Service From All the Staff From Every Department” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Sip, Savor
Ranked #22 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Alberta
“Great Service From All the Staff From Every Department”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed one night at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. The service was evident from the moment we pulled up to the door and were welcomed. The front desk has just undergone a major renovation and is beautiful with the Live Wall of the courtyard. The decorating for Christmas was just being completed and added to the charm of what already is warm and welcoming. Although the renovating is underway the staff all went out of their way to be helpful and offer assistance when they walked by you. The room was large and clean with a great balcony with a patio table and comfortable chairs overlooking the courtyard, The bed and bedding were top quality and comfortable making for a great nights sleep. The bathroom is old and the tiles in the shower extremely slippery when they were wet. When we arrived there was a cot in the room and we asked to have it taken out so that we had more room in the wet bar/coffee area but no one ever did come to take it out. Dirty towels had been left in the bottom of the hamper in the bathroom from the previous guests. The grounds are beautiful and at night the fire pits and the heaters everywhere along with fires in various fireplaces with real wood burning add charm and warmth to the property.

Room Tip: Rooms in area B are away from the outdoor bar and loud music.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

1,411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Sitges, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed here a couple of nights on business but I didn't bring the sticks. Its an enormous facility and having a suite in section A the furthest from the hotel facilities meant that the lounge access was invaluable. Its a nice quiet locations, the suites are enormous and Scottsdale is very pleasant this time of the year.
The outdoor bar facilities with open gas fires was a nice touch. We were able to sit outside, drink their wide selection of beers with a nice light toasting from the fire.
If I was here playing golf, it would be heaven.....but I was working and that's a different matter.
There is no desk facility in the room I was allocated. I also had to hunt for the spare power connectors for my numerous electronic devices I carry with me when traveling. The WIFI while free was also a little temperamental and rather slow.
The lounge area close to section A was invaluable, and while I'm not sure what the cost was, the free breakfast, coffee, beer and printing facilities were very useful.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a bit of a mishap with my reservation and at one point lost my room. The hotel was completely booked, but, Matt, the manager, bent over backwards and got us a room that was amazing. The staff really works hard to make their guests happy, and with all the traveling I do, that really counts.

Room Tip: I had a room by the lagoon that I really enjoyed. It is away from the bar noise and pool.
bc north
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at this resort for four nights October 2012 in a Fairmont Gold Suite with my wife. It was easy to find and check in was very smooth at our room with luggage in about 10 min. Spent lots of time by the pool which was very nice , not crowded at all and drinks were served. The resort is quite large but we found our way around easily. We went to two of the resturants at the resort and they were both good, my wife spent one day and the spa and said it was "Great". The room was nice and comfortable not as new as other Fairmonts but still really good, because we were in a Gold suite wireless was free, the connection in my ground floor room was almost unusable but friends we travelled with on the second floor had a quick connection. The Gold lounge is a nice touch , not as nice as other ones ive been in but great for breakfast or if you need info there is always someone there. We usually travel a couple times a year as a minimum and have a Diamond resort time share but our first choice is always the Fairmont Resorts they just seem to get the service right every time.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This resort looked very nice online. When my husband and I arrived, we saw construction outside the hotel and were hopeful it was not going to be a bother. Unfortunately, it was a sign of things to come. The front desk staff was slow and seemed like they didnt care that there were at least 3 of us in line. The bellstaff just threw our luggage in our room. The restaurants were very expensive and the waiters were rude. The only thing giving this place two stars is the pool and golf course which we enjoyed very much. I hope they take notes from other hotels in the area so they can upgrade their service.

Room Tip: The pool is very nice and the rooms overlooking them have a great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a few days and it was very nice. The highlight was the outdoor bar. The hotel is very bigh and spread out, but that also makes it nice as a destination as you have a lot of pool and restaurant choices.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What an extraordinary hotel experience. As I stepped out of the van, the young man holding the van door, greeted be and used my name. And that set the tone for my week long working stay at the exquisite Fairmont Scottsdale Princess. Throughout my stay, the Front Desk staff, the wait staff at their restaurants, treated me as if I were the only guest at the hotel. My requests were met with a sincere willingness to accommodate my needs.

The Hotel is stunning and the landscaping divine. Such an appealing sight and so peaceful and serene.

Did I mention the remarkable restaurants?

LV Bistro: For anyone who has special dietary needs (Gluten-free, Diabetic, Vegan, Vegetarian), there were numerous options ON THE MENU, to choose from. I tried as many as I could fit in over the course of six days and each was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. It was a real treat not to look at the menu in dismay and have to settle for the standard pasta and sauteed veggies.
La Hacienda: more than willing to accommodate - their guacamole (only tried one of the five varieties) was a meal in itself and the roasted corn soup was a delight for the tastebuds.

This hotel is worth a visit. You can tell them I sent you. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Scottsdale? Share your experiences!