“Good choice for stopover” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #44 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“Good choice for stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here to be close to the airport on our return trip home after spending a week in Sedona. The room was nice but I found some hairs in the tub which did not belong to myself or my husband. The room was quiet which was nice but that was disturbed at about 3 AM due to an intoxicated guest making noise in the hallway. The pool was relaxing and the chaise lounges very comfortable. The cold buffet breakfast was very good. I thought it was odd that I could not log onto Tripadvisor from the hotel lobby to get some restaurant reviews. I wonder if the hotel blocks that site.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for selecting our resort for your stopover in Scottsdale and for this positive review. I apologize for the cleanliness issue in your room and have notified my Housekeeping Manager so that she can follow up with her staff. I have also passed your comment onto our security department to emphasize our need to patrol and address loud guests before they impact others. We have complimentary high speed wireless in our public areas and do not block out TripAdvisor anywhere. We want to make it as easy as possible for guests to provide their positive comments and experiences at our resort to the entire internet world. Hope we will see you again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Norfolk Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Reading some of these reviews I was a little concerned. But I loved our stay. We were here for a conference and wanted a king room unfortunately booked, but when we arrived the staff was very accommodating and found a room we wanted. Comfy beds, clean and quiet. Great meeting facility and lovely poolside reception. Yummy seafood risotto and overall great food. Close to everything, including fabulous shopping. Thank you!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you and those who brought your convention to our resort. We also appreciate your very positive review of our property and the service provided by our staff. We do hope that we will see both you and your conference back to our Hilton at some point in the future.
Jackson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a nice property and has comfortable beds. No complaints, however the wifi is miserable. Could not get some urgent work done due to slow speeds and file size clamping. If you're going to offer wifi - it needs to work.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for selecting our resort and for this feedback on your stay. Not exactly sure when you were with us but we just completed installation of the Hilton "Stay Connected" program that brought wireless internet and more bandwidth to all our guest rooms. I would certainly like to get more details so if there is a remaining issue with the specific room number you were in, we can address it. Thank you...dheaton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I checked in the beginning of October of this year , what was supposed to be a 5 day stay got cut by 3 , originally had a villa but had to downgrade to a regular room , no problems arises while at villa , once we got accommodated to regular room it seemed like "every neighbor complained about me" hmm odd , at the villa no one complained ! Security had scottsdale police show up with him to give us the boot (not nessasarry at all!) all In all I believe we were to high maintance for this hotel because every time we called front desk to complain about something in our room they would answer with sarcasm and put us on hold , we ended up moving to the Sanctuary resort and my the difference was noticible ! Much better custumer service !

• Stayed October 2012
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
We appreciate the business and feedback of all our guests but because this guest chose to approach the situation with this TripAdvisor review, I have no choice but to set the record straight. This guest party was in the Villas the first two nights of their stay because they agreed to pay an additional upgrade fee to do so. During those two nights, we did have noise complaints from other guests and had to relocate arriving guest to other Villas further removed from this guests. The reason they were moved out of the Villas to a room in the main hotel was because they no longer wanted to pay the associated upgrade fee. Once in the main hotel, we had many complaints from other guests and had warned that they needed to quiet down to avoid eviction but when they didn't quiet down so we had no option but to ask the party to leave the premises. The police were called only after the guest refused to leave with the rest of her party. We are sorry it had to come to this, but it is also the hotels responsibility to ensure the satisfaction of all our guests. Thank you.
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

What a beautiful facility. Attention to detail is what this place is about and the army of workers each takes his / her portion of the details and does a mighty fine job. If you want a high end place to stay. This is a good choice. When I made my hotwire reservation and ended up here, I got the deal of the century! I am sure the rack rate is high, but if you want comfort and great facility. this would be a wonderful choice!
Oh yes, Everyone and I mean everyone was soooo nice. The gardeners, the cleaning staff, the front desk, the parking attendant, all of them were super nice and fun and genuinely happy to be of service..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and for this "exquisite" review and ranking of your stay at our resort. I have shared your compliments with our entire staff as it is very motivational to hear that a job was well done when they work so hard to do so. We do hope that we will have another opportunity to be of service to you on our next trip to our area. We hope that you will select us again and see the value even if the rate you got on this trip may not be available.
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The property is not as nice as his name sounds. It's not a resort, there's only one pool. We were there at the end of September and the hotel seems dead, no ambiance at all. So we try to modify our reservation by staying one night instead of two. Well, the front desk staff wouldn't let us leave earlier without paying the second night even though we advice them at 6:30AM when check-out is at 12:00PM. The Guest Service Manager argue with us that the hotel will lose revenue, well definitly, they forever lost customers. Also, there was an error of the folio from the hotel staff and we had to argue again for the situation to be rectify. No apologies! The Doubletree (wow!) is 3 blocks away from the Hilton and represents a much interesting option.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for being with us and for this feedback on your experience at our resort. I apologize that you did not find this resort to your liking and for the issues you experienced when trying to depart and on your bill. I am trying to investigate and find out more information on this situation but need your further assistance to do so. Can you please contact me directly so that we can resolve the matter to your satisfaction? I will update this review once we know more and have resolved the matter.
Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here in April 2012, and chose this place because we got a great deal on expedia. The rooms were nicely appointed and we spent a fair amount of time at the pool, which was situated close to the bar so we could access refreshments. The breakfast was good, although somewhat pricey for what you got. The hotel has a shuttle service which we used regularily, the drivers were very friendly and knowledgable about the area. For the price, this was a good pick. Had we paid more I may not have been as happy. The hotel is a bit dated and I had a hard time reaching anyone at the front desk the few times that I did need assistance, or I spent a long time on hold. There was also a mix up with our bills which took forever to fix (I think two weeks after I was home it was rectified after a few phone calls and emails). I would stay again at the same rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for being with us and for this review of your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your guest room, the pool area and the Oasis pool bar, breakfast and shuttle services. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the front desk and your billing. I have reviewed these comments with my Director of Front Office Services and he is addressing it with his staff and in his schedule, as it appears that there was not sufficient staffing to handle the business volume. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to service you better when your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!