“Oh yes, for the Price! This is excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas

You added Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas to your Saves list
Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6333 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250-5428 (South Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$100 Food & Drink Credit
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Atlanta, GA
“Oh yes, for the Price! This is excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I'm taking a roadtrip from Ontario California to Atlanta, then to Miami. Did it once before several years ago, but my first night's stop was Tucson on that trip. This time I decided to make Phoenix my first stopover. There are nice hotels that I passed before along I-10, but I couldn't remember the name of the area before starting this trip. So I defaulted to Scottsdale, an area that I stayed in before.

To get I-10 like prices in the pricey Scottsdale area, I did Priceline. Amazingly, I got this hotel on the first bid.

Location: I departed I-10 corridor and it still took an additional 25 minutes to get to this hotel. It is along the main road that goes through Scottsdale and there are other resort like hotels near it. But most of the food and activity are about 1.5 miles down the road near the Scottsdale Fashion Mall. There you will find restaurants, expensive shopping and so forth. Near the hotel, it is pretty dead.

Appearance: I arrived late in the evening, but from what I could see the property outside was kept up well. The door agent greeted me promptly and showed me to check-in. The check-in agent was very nice and even suggested a few places for me to see, before I hit the road in the morning.

Hallways: I knew the room was be nice just by the well appointed and furnished hallway heading to my room. The carpet was nice and so were the colors of the wallpaper.

The Room: Oh my basically of a gold, straw and dark color set with matching curtains that had a little bit of red in them. It was rather large, although not the biggest that I've seen. The wallpaper looked good, the furnishings including the drawer cradenza that the flat panel tv was mounted on all looked well maintained. This study table even has a marble type top to it with adequate space for your office or portable electronics. What was even better, is I don't think the AC was on when I got into the room. That's good, because it is the first thing I cut off, because most rooms to me are too cold. If it was on, it was very quiet.

Beds: I haven't jump into it yet, although I am about to. Its looks extremely plush and inviting. So I expect to get a good night's sleep.

Other Items: A quick check of the closet revealed that there is a safe in it, so that is good thing for storing my tablet, which I go exploring in the morning. Wifi is about 10 dollars per day. However, the young lady waived the fee, so that was appreciated.

I'm yawning now, so let me update you with these quick photos that I look.

Opinion: This is a very fantastic hotel in comparison to the price that I paid for it. I could easily see paying about 80 percent more and still thinking it was a very good hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for getting your trip started with a stay at our resort and for this very positive review! You are correct that the most visible and active area of Scottsdale is in the "Old Town" section, to which we provide complimentary transportation to and from. However, there are also a large number of restaurants, lounges and shopping directly across Scottsdale Road from our resort and on both sides of Scottsdale Road, North and South of us, albeit maybe a bit more suble. We hope that the remainder of your extensive road trip goes well and that you will be able to return again to explore the area further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Longview, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We had a two day stay the 13 & 14 of July. The room was very nice (the extra few $ for poolside was worth it to us). Everyone went above and beyond as far as service was concerned. We spent all day Saturday in the pool, ate the buffet breakfast both mornings and if possible they give you a late checkout. Also regular checkout time is noon instead of 11:00 so that was helpful for trip to the airport. We are staying again the end of August...I highly recommend it. I travel a lot and this was definitely a great place.

Room Tip: We had room 102 poolside...close to the front desk and the gift shop but it was very quiet, no probl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our resort for your stay and for this very positively wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again in August.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas was our hotel for the annual convention of the American Bell Association International, Inc. This was a five-day convention with 125 members in attendance for business meetings, programs, entertainment, and other activities; I was the chairman for this convention and have been working on arrangements for the past three years.
The hotel suited our needs admirably for accommodations, meals, and meeting space. Some members very much enjoyed staying at the villas. The layout of the hotel is very compact and convenient. Both sleeping rooms and public rooms have been renovated within the past year and are very nice. My only note about the sleeping rooms would be related to the junior suite in which my husband and I stayed. It was comfortable and spacious; you did need to be aware that the bedroom is one step up from the rest of the suite. The pool area is exceptionally large and beautiful. The location in Old Town Scottsdale is most convenient to restaurants, shopping, and attractions. My main note about our stay at the hotel would be the high level of competence, concern, and friendliness of the staff. No matter what our request was, it was not only met, it was exceeded, with great cheerfulness. From the housekeeping girls who did up our room to my primary contact with the hotel for the past year, everyone was great! I would highly recommend this hotel to either a group looking for a convention site, or to those traveling for pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
We can't thank you and your team enough for selecting our resort for the American Bell Association Annual Convention. All our staff members thoroughly enjoyed being of service to you and your attendees. What a great group of people! We are so pleased that all went well and we hope to be given the opportunity to be of service again to you and them at the next opportunity, whether as a group or when your individual travels bring you back to our area.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom villas - old style (well, it IS an old resort, one of the very first in the area) but clean and fairly updated. It's odd how the villas are so detached from the main resort, but other than that it was fine and we enjoyed our stay.

The only nit was there isn't a docking station for the Bose stereo system. Beds were top notch though. And we loved the free breakfast buffet, outstanding!

Room Tip: If in the main hotel, don't face the pool unless you enjoy the non-stop noise of kids playing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
doubletree1, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for being with us and for this positive review of your stay. We have completed remodeling of our guest rooms and lobby this past year and our company continues to invest into the upgrading of our resort. Thank you for noticing and noting that fact. We will look into docking stations for our Bose systems in our Villas as that would be a nice touch but all our guest room clock radios do feature a plug in for ipods. We also appreciate your positive comments on our breakfast buffet, although to clarify, it is not usually free unless you are a Hilton HHonors Diamond or Gold member or unless you purchase a package that includes breakfast, but it is well worth the price. We hope that you will stay with us again soon when your travels bring you back to our sunny Scottsdale.
Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The hotel accommodation is on 2 floors with the interior rooms overlooking the swimming pool, the exterior rooms overlook car parks. The room we had was large with a seating area, balcony and pay as you go bar. The bed was very comfortable although the air conditioner did disturb sleep until we got used to it.
A disadvantage of the hotel is that if you are attending a convention you have to exit the air conditioned hotel and go along an open corridor ... temps were over 110 degrees, and it was not comfortable.
However there are more pluses than negatives ..
~ the reception staff are very friendly and helpful
~ car parking is free
~ Internet access is free
~ We only had breakfast in the hotel on our first morning and were not impressed. We were able to obtain a fridge and having a seating area we ate breakfast in our room.

Room Tip: If you are prepared to pay extra choose one of the 4 rooms with a seating area.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for being with us and for this positve review and feedback of your stay. Although our exterior facing guest rooms do look out to parking areas, the room you were in as well as those along Scottsdale Road have a great view of Camelback Mountain and offer some of the greatest sunsets on earth. We have also worked to enhance the view of the other exterior rooms by the resurfacing and restriping of all our partking areas, which was just completed. We will follow up on the air conditioning and breakfast you noted needed attention and will pass on the compliments you had of the service provided by our staff. Hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to our area.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Although this property was originally constructed at least 20 years ago, Hilton has sunk some money into it to make sure that it can still compete in the contemporary marketplace. I was very impressed with all of the service staff and found the rooms to be clean and tidy. The bathrooms in a standard room are way too small, but this can be overlooked. Great pool area, awesome patio bar, and pretty good food. The location is good, but plan on dealing with the usual Scottsdale Rat Race...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for selecting our resort for your visit to our area and this positive review. The Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas is a franchise property and our ownership group, The Procaccianti Group out of Cranston, Rhode Island, has and continues to invest in our resort, most recently with a full renovation of our guest rooms and lobby. Thank you for noting that fact and for your compliments of our property and staff. We do hope you will be able to visit us again soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We usually stay at the Westin Keirland but due to exorbitant prices there, chose the Hilton. I was prepared to be disappointed, but you know what, I wasn't!! We paid for a room with patio which was fantastic as this enabled us to sit out & enjoy our drinks in lovely temperatures & to people watch.

We had a very poor check in with them trying to give us a room without a patio - and the offender was the front office manager!! She really needs to learn to smile & look like she likes customers. She's the reason for a 4 rating rather than a 5.

Room was lovely & spacious. Breakfast was the usual poor hotel offering. location is fantastic opposite lots of lovely restaurants & supermarket.

Well worth a try & off season, great value for money.

Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you selecting our resort and for this "pretty good" review. We will pass your comments about check in onto my Director of Front Office so that he can address with his team. I will also follow up with our Executive Chef on your feedback on breakfast. These items will be addressed so that we can deserve a five rating on your next visit. No need to go back to the Westin Kierland.

Been to Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas? Share your experiences!