“Best hidden secret in Scottsdale with free Golf & Fitness Pass” 5 of 5 stars

You added Scottsdale Park Suites to your Saves list
Scottsdale Park Suites
1251 N. Miller Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257   |
Scottsdale, az
“Best hidden secret in Scottsdale with free Golf & Fitness Pass”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Some friends told us about this place in Scottsdale where they stay and get free golf and bowling.  They also get free LAFittness but we don't need any more sweating.  So we stayed in June and almost feel like it was free as we got so many things free.  We played golf over 14 times and never had to pay for the greens fees or cart, and also hit range balls until we almost fainted.  The free food everyday is really nice, but going to the same place got old and we stopped except for the burgers and fries and the Denneys grand slma.  The apartments were small about 550 sq ft but plenty big for a couple months, and clean and very cold a/c.  Kind of short hours like 8 to 7 and no restaurant on site but like I said, plenty of places nearby with free food on certain days.  We will go again this winter but it might be more rent, but a good deal for the cost. Seemed very full for the summer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

Oct 08 I stayed here and found many improvements since 2006. My upgraded room had a 37" plasma tv on the living room wall. The staff were very helpful and provided free gym passes upon request, but open until 6pm on weekends so make sure you pick it up early. Loved the 12 mile long greenbelt for running. Older , quiet residents, not a party place. Fresh popcorn a nice touch on cold evenings, but I don't drink coffee so I didn't take advantage of the free Starbuck's. Rates were low for the clean quality units, probably why it seems to stay full. I could only stay 2 nights and I wanted a week. Next time I'll reserve further in advance. Wifi is good for being free. Liked the size of the units, good for one or two people anymore more than that may be crowded.

GW

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

I'm a traveling nurse that often visits Scottsdale for days or weeks at a time and was pleasantly surprised when I found Scottsdale Park Suites. Because the prices were so affordable when booking my reservation, I expected the property and atmosphere to be similar to what you would experience at a typical extended stay hotel. Boy was I wrong, Scottsdale Park Suites is a beautiful well kept upscale property located on a 12 mile park with jogging and bike paths. I felt as though I was at a mini resort with luxury suites. Not only was the property very well maintained, but the rooms are what won my vote. Everything in my room was new and in top shape with brand new carpet, new leather couches, full size kitchen with pots and pans, 2 TV's with free cable, free wireless Internet and also free local and long distance telephone. This was a pretty big shock for me as I'm used to staying at more expensive hotels that are half as nice and that charge outrageous amounts for all these extras. I saved a lot of money by staying here by not having to pay for these extras, but also from having a full size kitchen that I could cook in so I wasn't always eating out. I highly recommend this property to anyone as it has been one of my best experiences yet. I visit was a business trip, but this is also a great place if your traveling for leisure. Scottsdale Park Suites has a heated swimming pool and spa, lots of barbecue and lounge areas, tennis courts and much more! The staff is extremely helpful in accommodating to your needs to the best of their ability.

From here out, whether I'm traveling for business or pleasure, Scottsdale Park Suites is the only place I will stay in Scottsdale.

• Liked — The uniqueness of the property! Furnished suites where you can stay for a day, week, or even a year.
  • Disliked — Nothing. Everything was great!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

My three brothers and I have been going to Spring Training for years, and enjoy the golf more than the games. We have stayed at different area hotels over the years, but we will never stay at the Scottsdale Suites ever.....

I made reservations two months before our trip for two nights. Two rooms with two beds per room, With four adult men, this is pretty standard accomadations. Upon our arrival on Friday night, the 14th of March, we were told that our reservations were only for one night, and that the rooms had only one bed per room. There must be some kind of mistake. We were told that all the rooms contained only one bed. This would not work. No sofabed? A cot? Nothing....And even if they did have a sofabed, we would be forced out the next morning stuck looking for another hotel. This was an awful start to our annual Spring Training trip.

While I was pleading my case with the hotel employees, my brother found another hotel for both Friday and Saturday night. Although it was more expensive, we were relieved to know we could stay in one place for the two nights.

It was at that moment, that we were told we were financially responsible for that night, and that my credit card would be charged $402.00 We were told repeatly that we did not cancel our reservation 24 hours in advance and that was their policy, end of story.

We did nothing wrong, showing up when we said we would show up. We were told that the rooms would have two beds; they had only one. We reserved for two nights, the 14th and 15th, but they told me no, they only had me booked for one night.

Even though I had notes to the contrary, they refused to credit my account, claiming over and over that I had violated their cancellation policy. I am currently fighting the charge, but you can guess that we will never go near this hotel ever again. This hotel lied to us. They took $402 dollars from us. We acted in good faith, showing up exactly like we said we would, and we were treated like a doormat.

If you like hotels that lie, cheat, and steal your money, this is the one for you.

Rich Dodson
Oakland, CA

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ScottsdaleParkSuites, Manager at Scottsdale Park Suites, responded to this review, December 19, 2008
We were sorry to of read the following comments about our property
especially since the guest was given a 100% refund of his money, having lost
nothing. As other readers can see, we have almost no negative reviews. The following guest and his 3 brothers traveling from Oakland must have been
very upset, but our website clearly states that we have only one bed per
unit. Nothing indicates otherwise. Mr. Dodson probably saw our low rate
for a large 1 bedroom unit, presumed there would be 2 beds and booked the
rooms without checking on the number of beds. In previous years our
property was managed by a hotel company from Utah and they may have had 2
beds in some units, but that was in the past. His reservation was for 2
rooms and there was no mention of his need for 2 beds in each room. Our
reservation form clearly stated we were reserving 2 units with up to 2
people per unit. We did not know it was for 4 men; we assumed it was 2
couples traveling together and that one bed per unit was OK. We are truly
sorry for his experience, but as a small property we have no way to fill the
unit if he backs out on his reservation, so we lost 2 rooms for 2 nights
during peak season. Also, one of the men could have slept on the very nice
sofa. As we have done on many occasions, we offered them sheets, blankets
and pillows for the person sleeping on the sofa. Our property is a quiet
apartment style 4 acre short term property that is probably not suited for 4
men in town for 2 nights of Oakland spring training. From our standpoint we
did not lie, we did not cheat and we did not steal. We simply did not have
ANY rooms with two beds, but we did have a very nice bed in the bedroom and
a very nice couch in the living room.
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2008

We stayed March 2008 for 14 nights (vacation) and liked everything: Clean, good space for 2 people, full kitchen, green location, friendly staff. We will come back!

• Liked — green outside
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2005

Just returned from six days in Scottsdale after catching Spring Training baseball. When I first made travel plans, I had initially booked a room at another "all-suite" hotel, which had a microwave, small fridge and wet bar, for $130 a night. I happened to find this listing for the Scottsdale Park Suites on TripAdvisor, and after seeing the website, which included floor plans, I thought I'd give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised to get a rate of $79.99/night when I called (it was $89.99 on Travelocity.)

The place is essentially an apartment complex with 1 BR apartments. Each has a full kitchen, with a full-sized fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and range/oven. I chatted with the staff (they were all very personable), and learned that many of the guests are longer-term rentals - people who stay for weeks to a month at a time. I hope this is politically correct, but the majority of guests could be described as "snowbirds" - there's quite a few senior citizens visiting. Of course, there were several young families who were staying here too.

It's a terrific value - not just based on the daily rate, but the fact that you have a full-sized apartment (instead of a typical small hotel "suite") and you can do your own cooking, as we did.

The location is fine. It's about a mile from Scottsdale Stadium and Old Scottsdale. And it's also a mile from the auto dealerships on McDowell for Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Maserati, Ferrari, Lexus, Aston Martin.....so this is an upscale town.

Other comments:
1. One nice little touch - there was a free BBQ and food for everyone hosted by the staff on Wednesday night, and many of the guests provided their own dishes. (Unfortunately, that may be seasonal.)
2. The previous reviewer said his carpet was stained. Our room did have a new carpet. And yes, our kitchen didn't have a dish rack, either. But I just put the washed dishes in the dishwasher to dry. With just two of us, I never had a need for the dishwasher.

• Stayed March 2005
Edmonton, AB
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2004

My wife and I arrived in Phoenix in April 2004 after a torrential rain had hit and we decided on the Park Inn after getting a discount from our car rental firm.
It turned out to be a pleasant surprise - nice views on one side of the suite onto the nearby park (flooded for that day, then drained and green the next) and onto the pool and palms in the courtyard on the other side.
The room was spacious, being a suite with a kitchenette, but the carpet was worn and stained in places.
However, the room was kept very clean and tidy and we would return to this location again.
A little footnote, though. We asked for a rack to dry dishes but the staff said they didn't keep any because they kept disappearing.
I think paying a few bucks to replace such items would not be a major expense.

Been to Scottsdale Park Suites? Share your experiences!