“Avoid! Seek Better Options Elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Scottsdale Park Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Scottsdale
Scottsdale Park Suites
Save Saved
You added Scottsdale Park Suites to your Saves list
1251 N. Miller Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85257   |
Phoenix, Arizona
“Avoid! Seek Better Options Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Pros: This place is clean, and offers amenities such as a pool and a small laundry "facility" on site. Street noise is low. Internet included in price.
Cons: We were unhappy with the customer service from the front desk staff. Depending on who you spoke to on a given day, you would get a different answer to your question. Mail delivery was not secure at all, our mail was returned even though it was correctly addressed. The furniture was extremely cheap. The kitchen table had water stains on it, our coffee table was cracked and unstable and the plates/cups/utensils were from Big Lots. I think for $1,600 per month they could at least supply you with a proper spoon! : ) Location is far from prime, there isn't much nearby other than a green beltway behind the complex. Internet was slow.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
ScottsdaleParkSuites, Manager at Scottsdale Park Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
We were shocked when we read this review. From our reviews you can see that almost all users rank us very well, especially in the “Service” section. We are sorry you feel this way about our property and can assure you that had you came to the office staff at SPS with any concerns, complaints, work orders, etc. they would have been promptly taken care of. (This review will be shown to all staff members).

At SPS we offer a variety of suite options from our Basic suites to our most upgraded Del Mar and Special Edition suites. All suite interiors are very nice and well maintained. If you view our website http://park480.com you can view pictures of our property and the interior of our suites. These pictures are constantly being updated as we are always making improvements to our property.

Mail is a bulk drop and delivered to the front office daily. SPS staff members sort thru the mail and put current Residents/guests mail into a file for them to pick up daily. All mail that is addressed correctly with the registered Residents/guests name and suite number will be placed in the correct file.

SPS is located in South Scottsdale, just 2 miles from Old Town Scottsdale where you can find tons of entertainment including night life, shopping, restaurants, art galleries and a farmers market every Saturday. We are located in walking distance of General Dynamics, SkySong and are only about a 10 minute drive to ASU, Tempe Marketplace, Scottsdale Fashion Square and the Sky Harbor International Airport.

Residents at SPS enjoy many FREE products and service, including FREE broadband wireless internet. SPS has 12 different wireless access points. This is a FREE service that is provided as a courtesy to our Residents/guests for personal use, any complaints about the WiFi will be resolved if directed to the network administrator. (Who will also be shown this review).

SPS Management

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

This was by far my best business trip ever. Normally, I'm really disappointed when I have to leave my wife and children to attend business all over the country. Little did I know that I would be staying at a premier establishment. The amenities are absolutely fantastic. My a/c was fully functional and cool as it could be. The businesses in the surrounding area were not only top quality, but they were conveniently close. The rooms were phenomenal with huge flat screen TVs, and the my sleep there was second to none; I could hear the crickets chirp at night it was so quiet. The only part of my trip that was uneasy was having to tell my wife how beautiful the staff girls were ;) All jokes aside, the staff that works there go out of their way to make sure your stay is as pleasant as it can possibly be. I'm actually looking to take my family there just to get away. Like I said there is so much to do there, and I would love to be able to share my experience with my family. This place is for everybody no matter what the reason of the stay. "It's my home away from home." - William Jocasse

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I truly enjoyed my three month stay at Scottsdale Park Suites. I temporarily relocated to Arizona for work and was in need of a furnished apartment. I was fortunate enough to find out about SPS, and leaped at the opportunity to live there due to it's great location and numerous ammenities. Upon arrival, and throughout the course of my stay, the staff at SPS did whatever possible to ensure that my time there went as smoothly as possible. What I enjoyed most was being able to play free golf at a local course as a part of the rental agreement.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

I stayed at Scottsdale Park Suites for about 2 months and my stay was everything I could have asked for and more. It was the perfect place for someone moving from out of state.. The staff was always friendly. and so helpful with directions, places to eat & shop and just with everything all around. The maintenance guys were always hard at work keeping the complex looking its best. The apartments are furnished and very clean, perfect for someone staying only a few months. They also offer a ton a great freebies like free food everyday of the week at different restaurants around the area such as a free breakfast at Denny's and free pizza from Streets of NY.. The pizza was my favorite. I also enjoyed using the free LA Fitness pass, a membership to a gym can cost you around $50+ a month! I also used the free bowling a few nights. I'm not a golfer but I do know the offer free golf as well. I'd recommend this place to others.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ottawa Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed at SPS for a little over 3 months(Feb., March and half of April) of 2010. The inconviences were many and the noise level was very loud. During March and April, the temperature was at times 80 degrees and no air Conditioner was on. Why? They only have a one system , whereas during the winter months and spring months the A/C is cut off and the only thing that works is the heat. At times, I would wake up to take a shower in icy water--No hot water. This went on continually in the last month I stayed there. The staff would always put the problem on city workers or anyone, except the Hotel fault.
The owner doesn't take responsibility in anything that happens to vehicles, bikes, or slippery sidewalks.
Yes, they do have a small amount of not so good resturants where you can go to eat free at during different days. Examples of this is: hamburger and fries on Saturday, an appertizer on another day, and so. You do get free golf and bowling on a daily basis but you must make sure to get the tickets from the office.
A gym is provided for you off site at LAFitness, but you must make sure you only have the pass for a couple of hours during the day or you will be fined.
Parking is gated, but there is a charge for a remote to get in, and sometimes you may not be able to get out because the gate gets jammed.
The rooms are very small and yes they are furnished with very cheap furniture.The clothe furniture is old and very used and the cheap leather is flattened, not comfortable and sticks to you, if you happen to have on shorts.
The cost of what you pay on amonthly basis, things should be better. As for the people you find there, the ones who stays forever(the residents) are loud, drunk and have a big disregard to others.
The SPS is not in the best part of Scottsdale, so please don't be fooled by their ad.
If you decide to stay, have your mail forwarded somewhere else, because the staff is about the nosiet and unprofessional I have ever seen.
There are many better places to stay at, instead of this place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
ScottsdaleParkSuites, Manager at Scottsdale Park Suites, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
This review may be helpful to some residents but we want to address the concerns you have voiced. We seem to have received 14 reviews from Trip Advisor website users, almost of all of which rank us very well.

You can ask many of our residents who will tell you that our property is very quiet, this being that it is secluded away from many other properties and backs up to the Scottsdale Green Belt. Most of our residents are professionals visiting from out of town, relocating or staying to get out of the snow. We do not allow dogs so there is no barking to wake you, and we are conscious about loud noise and assist by letting residents know if they are disturbing the quiet enjoyment of others. The walls are very thick so the noise between apartment suites should be minimal.

Utilities are included with your stay at Scottsdale Park Suites. During the months of April it is usually not hot outside and the system of either hot or cold air garners few complaints from residents. All suites are outfitted with fans inside and windows to provide great ventilation.

We are happy you took advantage of our free meal options. We are constantly changing and improving what dining experiences you get for free when you stay with us. Our newest addition is a delicious "2 Putter" breakfast at the golf course where you golf for free, Continental Golf.

The LA Fitness passes are designed to be used by all residents. Fines are rarely given and almost never on the first violation. With proper warning and repeated disregard to the policies we have to fine residents in order to maintain the best community we can, for all residents to enjoy. Come stop by our office and ask residents who have lived here for years how often they have paid a fine, and it will likely be never.

Scottsdale Park Suites is located in South Scottsdale, just a few blocks East from Scottsdale Rd and a few miles East of the Papago Trails and Zoo. There is a shopping center with a grocery store just a few blocks away and a nice strip mall with tons of needed amenities like a nail salon, hair salon and fun sports bar. Our property is gated for additional security and people usually tell us how safe they feel here, yet the surrounding neighborhood is known for being a great place!

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate the opportunity to address the concerns.
Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed here and almost feel like we got FREE rent. We paid $899 (actually about $915 with all taxes) and stayed one month while I was on business. After we moved in we found they had free golf at Continental Golf abut a mile away. We thought it was some kind of time share come on, but we went anyway. It was great. There was nothing else to buy. We got free greens fees, free electric golf car (it was 98 degrees so we loved it) and free range balls. We thought it was once a month, but found out we could go everyday! I worked but my wife played almost every day and I played on weekends. We save about $550 in greens fees during the month. Then we found out about the free food 7 days a week. Some of it was great, like the burgers and fries on Mon and teh chicken wings at Cadillac Ranch on Sun and huge free grand slam breakfast at Denny's. We also used the free bowling 3 times. Also, the rooms were clean with new furniture and 2 TV sets, plus very cold air condit, we had to cover up at night. Best place to stay in Ariz, and a very good staff. A little hard to find but it is on a long greenbelt with great lighted walking paths. We would highly reccomend it to you.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Scottsdale, az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

Some friends told us about this place in Scottsdale where they stay and get free golf and bowling.  They also get free LAFittness but we don't need any more sweating.  So we stayed in June and almost feel like it was free as we got so many things free.  We played golf over 14 times and never had to pay for the greens fees or cart, and also hit range balls until we almost fainted.  The free food everyday is really nice, but going to the same place got old and we stopped except for the burgers and fries and the Denneys grand slma.  The apartments were small about 550 sq ft but plenty big for a couple months, and clean and very cold a/c.  Kind of short hours like 8 to 7 and no restaurant on site but like I said, plenty of places nearby with free food on certain days.  We will go again this winter but it might be more rent, but a good deal for the cost. Seemed very full for the summer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to Scottsdale Park Suites? Share your experiences!