“Great for Golfers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

You added Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale to your Saves list
Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7677 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 (North Scottsdale)   |
Ranked #64 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
H'Ville, mo.
“Great for Golfers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Suites were large, clean, pools nice. Staff very accommodating. Great location close to North Scottsdale golf courses. Restaurant was good. Shuttle service for those without a rental car. Four bedroom, 4 bath, with kitchen, living room , TV's, perfect for 8 golfers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Shaun B, Manager at Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear ChuckH_Ville_mo_,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us from your recent stay at Zona.

I am very glad to see you were able to enjoy many of the amenities available to you at Zona. Our four pools, on-property restaurant and complimentary shuttle service provide the comfort and convenience to ensure an enjoyable stay. I would hope your golf went as well as your stay but that is generally a given with the many available top level courses in the area.

I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to be your host and hope we see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed here when I brought my daughter back to Arizona State for her sophomore year, to move into an apartment. She had a few boxes in storage but we basically had to outfit her over the course of three days. Being "off season", we got an amazing rate and got a 1-bedroom suite. This gave us space to gather all of our purchases, had a full kitchen so we could buy snacks, breakfast items, etc., and had full laundry so we could wash things before move- in.
We ordered room service several times. The food was awesome and the service was great!
We used the pools a number of times and housekeeping was extremely attentive.
We really loved it here - felt like home away from home at a very stressful time.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear martinigirlvic,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your recent stay at Zona. I am glad you were able to join your daughter for what I hope will be another wonderful year for her!

I'm pleased to see our one bedroom suite accommodations were fitting for the needs of your stay and offered comfort for your family. I greatly appreciate the wonderful comments about our food and staff and will be sure the passed on.

I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting your stay for your daughter's junior year!

Coquitlam, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here for one week,I found the suite clean and comfortable. The suite was missing many kitchen items (I was staying in a four bedroom suite) but when a call was placed to the front desk they were very accommodating. The staff were very friendly, the bed linens were changed frequently and the beds were very comfortable. I would highly recommend the Zona Suites and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear sandra19572,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your recent stay at Zona. I am very pleased to hear your stay was enjoyable and exceeded expectations in some cases.

Our four bedroom suite accommodations and variety of pool offerings appeal to many and I'm glad your stay was no exception. I am sorry to hear there was a lack of standard utensils in the room but glad to see our staff reacted quickly to your needs.

I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to host a future stay and hope you consider coming back to see us.

Caledonia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

The room exceded our expectations! Living room, full kitchen with table, standard bath(could've been nicer), comfortable bed and a balcony at each end. It was apt./condo style and we appreciated all the room and the comforts of home. The pool area was very nice and had outdoor fireplaces with comfortable seating. There was a restaurant with good food and the staff was friendly. Very easy check in. The bathroom could've been better than standard, but was clean. There could've been more laundry machines, but they were clean and available when I wanted them, so that was not an issue. This place is tucked away nicely, so it was quiet, which brings me to my last point about a crabby neighbour. We are retired and spent our days out, and going to bed early, yet we received a call that the neighbour complained of noise. I'm not sure if they had the wrong place or what this person's problem was because it was only the 2 of us and at most, we turned the tv on for the weather station. Also, we had no problems with noise, so this was a quandry. I would most definitely go back and refer this place to everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth K,

Thanks you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us regarding your recent stay at Zona. I am very pleased to see your stay was enjoyable and exceeded expectations.

I appreciate your great compliments on our staff and property design but also appreciate your constructive feedback which allows us to continue to evolve with our guests. I am however very sorry for any confusion that arose regarding the noise challenges. It seems relatively obvious this was a mistake and we will address with our associates.

I trust you returned home safely and look forward at the opportunity to host you on a future stay!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Agree with other reviewers- $15 resort fee here is rip off. Satellite does skip. Bathroom 2 - 2.5 stars- motel 8 to comfort inn at best.
Furniture cheap. Noisy neighbors and thin walls. Definately not worth more than $70-80 tops! Front desk staff were friendly but very casual

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Desert100,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us here on Trip Advisor. I am however disappointed to hear we did not meet the expectations of your stay.

It is very important to us to ensure all of our guests are happy from start to finish and want to know when that is not the case. I would greatly enjoy the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn of the specific challenges about your stay so we can resolve them for both you and our future guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly at sbaker@zonascottsdale.com at your convenience.

Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had a friend book this room for me originally. I noticed that they had a booking special to upgrade a room to a King Suite so I called the number on the website. After being on hold for 9 minutes, a lady answered and said I'd have to ask when I checked in. I explained that the website said to ask for the upgrade when booking. She basically cut me off and repeated that I would need to ask at the front desk.

We checked in early, which was nice since we were up at 3:00 a.m. driving to the Valley. However when we ask for an upgrade I was told there wasn't anything available. Wow....big shock there. What a great way to have a special and yet "not" have a special.

We walked the north 40 to our room, my daughter slid the key card and went in, promptly came out and said, "uh, that's not right." Our original room was on the second floor of Casita 12. So I came upstairs packing our junk and asked what was wrong. The beds were messed up and there were pizza boxes in the room. She had slammed the door shut coming back downstairs. I went up and tried my keycard and it blinked. I tried hers and it blinked. Basically, I think when she ran back downstairs someone locked the door and we could no longer enter with the key cards. So we hike all the way back to the lobby with all of our junk to tell the front desk. I'm not sure David believed us, but I told him what happened, he said no one used the room last night. Well someone did recently. After about 5-10 minutes he gave me another key card for Casita 5.

I was so disappointed. This room is a dump. It's outdated, musty smelling, and has a huge rip in the carpet about 6" long. There is no mini-fridge which I was told my room would have and there are no chairs to sit on the balcony like the other room had. It's just a dark, dank, circa 1982 room. Blech. Lucky me. I get to spend five days in a small room with a tv that skips out on the satellite for some reason. I can't believe I'm going to be charged a $15 "resort fee". I would talk to the management but I've already been told the hotel is full and the staff isn't very friendly., so I doubt I'll get far. My advice, pass on this "resort".

Room Tip: Maybe a Suite would be better, if you can get one. Don't count on the "specials" to b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear oneaznative,

I am terribly sorry to hear of the experience you had while staying at Zona. It is our goal to ensure all of our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay, including you.

I am disheartened to hear we did not do more to ensure your comfort but always encourage our guests to work with management if/when an issue arises so we may try to provide some resolution.

I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn more about the details of your stay. At your convenience, please contact me at sbaker@zonascottsdale.com

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Like I said the location is great, right accross the paking lot from the Fairmont Princessbut the hotel facilities are mediocer at best. I stayed in a i bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The applience are old and very cheap, the kitchen table wobbled horribly. The bed was very comfortable with down pillows. Parking is horendous if you driving nearly impossible to find a spot after 5:00 PM and I was there in September can't imagine what it would be like in the height of the season. Graze resturant is very cacual and nice. Food is very good and staff aims to please. Front desk staff on the hand are effecient but don't go out of their way to serve you. Some front desk staff were down right rude.

Room Tip: Get a room where the desk or patio faces east toward the McDowell Mountains
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Shaun B, Manager at Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Elizabeth B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on Trip Advisor. While I am very pleased to hear your overall stay was most enjoyable, I wanted to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay.

We must have just missed your room because we are finishing replacing all of the appliances in the hotel tomorrow. We have also upgraded the bedding package in the remainder of the hotel and have continued plans to also replace the furniture, art work and carpet to mirror the rooms that were renovated on the corporate side of the hotel.

Parking is not normally a challenge for us but agreeably was difficult over the dates of your stay. We now have a back-up plan should this ever arise in the future. I appreciate you letting us know of the inconsistent service you experienced from the front desk staff so we can address with our team. Our standards and expectations are much higher than what you received and for that I apologize.

I trust you returned home safely and hope we have the opportunity to service you again in the future.

Been to Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale? Share your experiences!