“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

You added Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale to your Saves list
Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   7677 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255 (North Scottsdale)   |
Ranked #64 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Newberg, OR
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great stay. Huge room with excellent service. We'll be back. Thanks Benjamin at the front desk for the extra service!

• Stayed July 2012
, Manager at Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Panelboy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad your overall stay was enjoyable and our product and services met, and hopefully exceeded, your expectations. I will be sure to personally recognize Benjamin for a job very well done. I hope you returned home safely and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I'm still quite surprised that this hotel has 3,5 star rating. Average motel would be a better choice if you need a place to relax and sleep. This hotel has a few swimming pools , I believe four, all rooms are located around pools without any basic noise protection. You constantly have a feeling that people have a party in your room, and PLEASE take into consideration that POOLS are OPENED until 11PM !!! What a generous hospitality!
Overall experience was just terrible..it was 110F outside , there were no signs where to find ice, we walked to main reception building and someone showed us on the map where they have the ice. We had no fridge, no iron even though they listed them on their website. However we had $15= extra charge which was not mentioned when we booked a room. Three floors buildings have no elevator.
Room was very small, just one chair, just one sink which you have to use as a toilet sink and a kitchen table where they put a coffee maker.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Trav177,

Please allow me to apologize for the experience you endured during your stay with us. Judging by the description of your room accommodations, it sounds as though your reservation was for one of our standard hotel room accommodations which do have the bedrooms closer to the pool side. Many guests enjoy these rooms for the view and location but they may not always be the perfect fit if noise is a concern (although all standard hotel rooms meet all state requirements for insulation and build). Our pools are open from 6am to 11pm in an effort to accommodate the varying schedules of our traveling guests, but to also keep us in-line with all other hotels and resorts in the area. Due to the high temperatures of the Arizona summers, many hotels find guests at the pool areas earlier in the mornings or later in the evenings to avoid the afternoon highs. Our standard hotel rooms do not typically have refrigerators in the rooms but are available complimentary upon request. However, as you mentioned, our hotel website does describe this amenity for our suite accommodations and apologize if that was in anyway misleading.

Our four ice/vending machines (1 for each quadrant of the hotel) are located on all property maps, and signed at each location. We have also recently installed eleven directory pedestals throughout the property to aid in the way finding for our guests as we know our property is spread over 12 acres. We will however continue to look for ways to make our property amenities as prominent as possible.

All of our reservations agents are required to discuss the hotel's service fee and taxes prior to confirming our guests' reservations. In recent quality assurance checks we have done so anywhere between 98% and 103% of the time. All of our hotel confirmations also discuss and detail these fees. We try diligently to publish our fees and services in every possible area to avoid surprises. The only reservations booking engine that may not disclose these fees are our third party reservations affiliates as they are not bound by the same standards. Most of our On-line travel partners include these fees within the prepayment, but some do not (at their discretion).

If you find yourself back in the area, please contact us directly. I feel confident we can not only find the best room to ensure your comfort, but also give you the proper description of our offerings prior to your arrival as we should have done for your previous reservation. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is very valuable and i hope we have an opportunity to host you again in the future and provide you the proper experience.

San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on a couple of occasions for work plus a little family getaway and I regretted them both.
I am an Elite Choice Hotels member and I got an email invitation for a room upgrade, so I called the hotel a couple of days prior to my check in to see if I could be upgraded. They said there were no upgrades available due to the hotel being over booked. LIE, I asked the Front desk agent and they were less than 50% occupied that whole week. They gave me Room 4202 which was dirty, dusty, Molds on the shower tiles, Stains on the carpet and with furniture that was full of chips and cracks.....Pls see the attached pictures. And after checking out they charged my credit card a resort fee. Which when I called the hotel later to inquire about the charges, they agent said Well you signed the check in paper and it clearly shows $17/day per room. I told her that I had driven seven hours from California and I wished she would've verbalized instead of throwing a paper at me to sign. Wow, great guest service Zona.
This Hotel Might have been fantastic at one point, but not anymore, so save your money and avoid this place with the snobby, snooty and untrained so called guest service agents.
The only positive thing i can say was the Morning female desk agent and the Young man at the bell desk were cool.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 4202
Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Moabdi,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the room you received which was not only below your expectations, but ours as well. Our standards for quality and service are well above which you received. The guest room has been placed out of service for immediate attention and will not be released back into inventory until all noted challenges are resolved.

I do apologize for the miscommunication regarding your complementary upgrade. There are a portion of our calls that are routed to an off-site central reservations office so depending on the time of the call there is a possibility the call may not have been taken at the hotel level. I would enjoy the opportunity to speak with your directly to better understand the timing of your interactions with our teams to ensure proper follow up.

Part of our arrival process is to fully explain and verbalize the fine print on our registration cards so our guests fully understand the hotel's amenities and surcharges. I apologize this was not the case after such lengthy drive to the hotel. I can assure you we will follow up with our service agents to provide the consistency our service requires.

Each and every guest experience is very important to me personally. While the challenges should not have occurred initially, I always, encourage our guests to contact our empowered Guest Service Supervisors, or me directly with any challenges. I am very confident we can always find resolution to ensure the comfort of our guests and meet expectations. As mentioned before I would enjoy an opportunity to speak to you directly to bring closure to your challenges. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience and know your experiences with our product and service are atypical as seen commented by other travelers.

Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place was amazing to have a staycation at for the holiday weekend. The property is fabulous with many choices for the type of pool mood you are in. We really enjoyed the feel of staying in a room that is really more like an apartment. Since we (family of 5) were staying the whole weekend this was a real bonus. It was only a one bed room but the kids had more than enough room with the sleeper sofa in the living room. We did two nights with the kids and one without. The nights with the kids we were able to see fireworks from our private balcony perfectly.The night without the kids the free shuttle to dinning and nightlife was a real bonus. Not having to worry about parking or the possibility of a DUI made all the difference on being able to truly go out and relax. The staff was courteous and accommodating. I would defiantly stay here again. The price and hospitality is well worth the ability to get away for the weekend with or without the kids or possibly just a place to crash after a night of Scottsdale night life. This place has everything you would need on property or within a short reach to make your stay amazing.

Room Tip: We had third floor with back porch facing west. Could see the fireworks from neighboring property pe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear MClark6455,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and elated to see you had such an enjoyable stay!

From local get-aways to interstate travels, corporate overnighters, family vacations, and golf retreats, Zona is a place for anyone to call home. Thank you for sharing your family with us and allowing Zona to be part of a great memory. I'm really glad to see you took full advantage of the amenities and services throughout the property and I truly hope they helped make for a relaxing and enjoyable weekend away from the house.

As a native Arizonan, I truly hope we'll have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the very near future!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

After a terrible hotwire experience in Old Town Scottsdale, my husband and I - heart in throat - booked again via hotwire, and came up with this hotel. We were thrilled. The front desk agent that checked us in was sweet and informative. We had a wonderful 1 bedroom suite, right by the pool. Everything was clean and wonderful! We were even able to watch nearby fireworks from our balcony! We will definitely be going back and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Havalah W,

I am so glad to hear we restored your faith in Hotwire after previous experience! They are a valued partner of ours but I do feel our accommodations, amenities and excellent service staff is a treat for anyone!

I hope our offerings provided for a comfortable get-away and of course we brought the fireworks in just for you! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I sincerely hope we see you again down the road!

Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Arriving into Scottsdale we headed to the hotel by GPS. The street is not there where it wants you to turn and we were rerouted but not far off. Just a helpful tip. We had gotten the regular hotel room, nothing fancy, two beds and a bath. I had read some reviews prior to our stay and had heard what other guest asked for. (Get a 3rd floor. The bottom is a daylight basement and the middle is noisy). I asked for a 3rd floor and there were none available. After telling the gentleman at check in my concern from what I had read, he search and said he had a room for us he thought that we would enjoy at the same price. We went in to find we were on the second floor, but he had given us the one bedroom suite. This place was nicer than any apartment I had rented. My friend and I were thrilled. The property was immaculate. The service was wonderful and the staff was extremely welcoming and more than helpful. There were 4 pools. 2 are salt water and 2 are chlorine, though they are not listed, you need to ask. There is no real night life here on the property but if you want to kick your feet up by the outside fire pit and/ or take a leisurely swim or soak in the hot tubs you will be more than relaxed. I would stay here again and again!! (Don't let the negative reviews worry you).Expect the resort fee, it is in almost every bigger hotel in the bigger cities, Vegas for example. We got our room in combonation with our airfare and it was a SCREAMING deal!
As far as the negative reviews, I think there are a lot of picky people out there who are rarely satisfied. Life is too short for that! Enjoy!!

Room Tip: You can bring your own floats to the pool but they do have a few available for you to use. First com...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Montcowgirlup,

I can't thank you enough for the glowing review! I am very pleased to hear, as a first time traveler, our staff and accommodations were above your expectations.

While we are very confident in enhancements we have done and will continue to do to the property, what is a hotel without great service?! I am really happy to hear our service staff listened to your needs and reacted accordingly. That goes a long way. I hope other writers and viewers can use your comments as a testimonial not only to how important our guest feedback is to us, but how we use that information to grow our business and enhance our service.

Our aggressive rates, comfortable accommodations and excellent service make Zona a great get-away! Thank you for giving us an opportunity to host your stay and I sincerely hope we see you again in the future!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Initially booked this hotel for the low rate. Was in town on business for a few days and needed to stay under budget. Centrally located for Scottsdale business. Unlike most of the sprawling resorts in the area…….you can actually get around here without a car! This makes getting around easy but also leads to a drawback since the rooms are closer together. For Scottsdale it's normal to stay at a resort without neighbors - or very few.

I stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was perfect. You can tell it was recently renovated. It's clean and new but it becomes apparent that the upgrades were done on the cheap. Nothing special. Shower is still pretty basic. Low quality counter tops..Bed was really comfortable thought! Major plus... Pools are really nice. Salt water pool is a great touch!

TWO CONS...

ONE, checked in around 11pm and when i walked to my room there was a gathering at one suite with three 20-30 somethings hanging out drinking and talking pretty loud. A few rooms over saw same thing. Don't know if this is normal or not but just seemed like a party hotel. not really my thing when i go away on business. Also saw a few others walking to the pool at this time of night…I have been to Scottsdale a number of times and never really saw such a lively crowd past 9pm. Maybe i'm just boring:) TWO, was starving when i checked in and there was no option for food. When traveling on business you need 24 hour room service or at least the option to order until midnight….

PROS...

Great Rate....Very Comfortable.....Great location..

At the end of the day i would 100% come back because of the rates. Well worth it and a comfortable room. If i come back with my wife i will not stay here as it isn't too luxurious but for business i have definitely found my home in AZ.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the ground level. Cell service is very poor. I heard that from...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Iscreenwriter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm really glad to hear you're overall stay was enjoyable and the gamble to stay with us, based on our great rates, was worth-while.

After a ownership/management change in 2011, We changed the name of the hotel in October from Xona Resort Suites to Zona Hotel & Suites. The intent was two fold, to make the name of the hotel phonetically appropriate but also to move away from the term "resort" as we felt it did not properly describe the hotel's offerings. We are very much a hotel based on our layout and amenities as opposed to a typical resort found in the area.

That being said, I would not classify us as a overly lively hotel. Generally the hotel shuts down between 9pm and 10pm (as you unfortunately experienced by not having food offerings available). While we can't always predict our guests, I would feel very comfortable saying what you witnessed is not the norm. when you do return back to the hotel, please know the hotel staff and security can address individual rooms should there be a concern with noise.

I do appreciate sharing your feedback on ways for us to improve and will take the information into careful consideration as we move forward. Again I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we will see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Been to Zona Hotel & Suites Scottsdale? Share your experiences!