What can I say about the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa @ Gainey Ranch?
It was our first trip to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, and if you enjoy the simple luxuries of a short-refreshing weekend to get away from it all, this is the place to stay. The property is secluded, but yet a short drive to the main area of downtown Scottsdale. The service is wonderful, there were check-in kiosks, and plenty of receptionists (it was a mid-afternoon check-in). The rooms were clean, modern, and typical of business style hotel as most hyatts, sheratons, and other hotels of the sort. What stood out to us was the setting. The hotel as you drive up has a large fountain in the middle of square (yes, not circular) driveway, and the hotel is just plain open. You can see the large sitting area (where at night people gather to drink, mingle, and even roast marshmallows). Beyond that is what is a large pool area (1 adult only pool, and a general-large all ages pool area). More about that in a minute. If you veer to the right of the pool area and behind it is this small yet peaceful garden, and beyond that was a full golf course. Now the piece du resistance (for me anyways is the expansive pool area). The pool has the typical hot-tub, poolside bar, but beyond that it has small basketball hoop, two volleyball nets, a sandy beach section, a couple of waterfalls, and a 3 story water slide (excellent). Now could it have been the weather was beautiful (80 degrees in late October), combined with one of my favorite pluses to a hotel, a large pool area, honestly a pool area to either bathe in the sun, sip a lovely beverage or dip in the pool, to me that's a holiday (even if it was a short weekend getaway) holiday none the less. Right, the pool being expansive yet it didn't feel too large or overwhelming with tons of other hotel guests doing the same, because then I would've gone to the adult only, you would expect the pool area to be popular right? For checkout there are two major pluses 1, it has a computer with printer so you can print your boarding passes for your flight home, and it has spots for rental care return. As for the spa my girlfriend's sister made use of it's services, and for me I stepped into the reception area for nor more than five minutes with the combination of near whispering of the staff, the soft gentle music, and the rock laden water fountain, I wanted to sit in of the comfy chairs and fall asleep. But you don't have to take my word for it. In essence if you stay in the Phoenix /Scottsdale area whether for a short weekend, or long holiday this has to be one of the choices to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort