We chose the Hyatt Gainey because with kids you need great pools. Even though the resort boasts 10 pools, be mindful that there is only one "large" family pool and most are smaller lap pools. The kids enjoyed the slide but complained of the slime in the access pathway. We all enjoyed the water volleyball nets and basketball hoop. Poolside service was pretty non-existent in that plastic cups and leftover food plates were left for quite some time. A highlight was poolside S'mores on Friday night.
Our biggest disappointment was that the resort did not provide timely and adequte water poolside. With temps above the 100 degree range around 9am we asked when iced water jugs would be available. We were told around 10:30am-11:00am, but was offered water bottles at $2.50/bottle. A little unconscionable in my opinion. The pool needs serious maintenance as mold along the pool tiles was heavily present. Hair, bandaids, and general pool funk was found in the main larger pool.
The SWA restaurant was actually pretty good and didn't really find were in line with some of the reviews present. Rooms were adequate for a family although consider getting two adjoining rooms if traveling with older kids as the room sizes are small. The resort has a convention feel and was VERY busy during the weekend. Music in the evenings was good. If you want atmosphere this is not the resort to consider. Consider the Four Seasons (amazing resort for couples). We will not stay at the Hyatt Gainey again even though it was an average stay and will consider some of the other resorts in town in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort