My fiance and I stayed here for four nights in July for a weekend getaway. Our room was fantastic. We had a balcony overlooking the pool area. About the pool area, it was perfect. There are about 10 pools in all, and we definitely stayed in the adult pool. It's segregated from the kids, and there was usually music playing so there was no noise traveling from the other pool. I will say though, I made my way over to the 4 story water slide. It's a must. I'm 6-3, 200 lbs and I gained some momentum going down that thing. Definitely drank some water on impact. Pools are clean and property is very well maintained.
We golfed twice at Gainey Ranch. For those guests staying at the Hyatt, you pay full price the first day and half the second. We had July rates which were not bad, $50/person for a round of 18. I have a separate review for the golf course. But I will say, Vince at the concierge was fantastic, he carted us over to the golf course and brought us back. Top notch service.
We dined at Alto our first night. Unimpressed. The drinks were weak, but that is expected for a resort. The food was standard Italian cuisine, nothing to rave over. The antipasto we ordered was delish though.
We'll be back at this property. A gem in Scottsdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort