We stayed at the Hyatt Regency hotel for 3 nights. This was our first step in a long trip from Phoenix to Sedona - Monument Valley - Las Vegas.
Actually, we only had basic expectations :
- Have a short rest after an 18 hours / 3 planes trip
- Start to recover a bit from our stressful lifebefore reaching Sedona & Monument Valley.
Well, the guys @the Hyatt simply astonished us. As far as both me and my wife can remember, we've rarely met such a good level of service.
Every single waiter, maid, valet, front desk employee was pleasant and helpful.
They went far beyond our expectations.
Now to the resort itself :
We've booked a simple room out there. It was large enough for the two of us. Mattress was good. So the bathroom. The guys provided quality shampoo, shower caps, body lotions and toothpaste on a daily basis. They only gave up re adding some more when they saw that we were not even using half of these items.
The entire room was clean and the wifi speed was fair.
The AC can be noisy but you can stop it. In cas you'd be bored with the AC noise and just can't handle the wall mounted remote, note that in case you'd open the window the AC would automatically stop.
- Check in & Check out process.
Smiles, fast process, complimentary margarita, no issues with the bill.
What else ?
-Swimming Pools (water Garden)
Maybe were we lucky ? However there was quite enough space there and guests were not packed in the swimming pools. By the way, most swimming pools were large, delivered a very pleasant design and were clean. As soon as we started having a sunbath, somone took care of us andthen we could get access to a long list of food and beverages at decent prices.
We only ate twice at the SWB. Prices were correct and the food was good. Good service.
- Canyon Market
Delivers hot and cold beverages,sandwiches, salads, daily organic offerings 24 hours a day.
Very efficient staff & special greeting to the guy there who always tried to find a nice word in our native tongue.
A little but pricey (well, almost $6 for a naked orange juice is getting pricey to me).
Valets are polite and efficient (around $30/night). Self parking is free, large and convenient enough.
Phoenix is about 15 minutes away and there is litterally nothing less than 5 mins away. So we defintly recommend you to have a car if you're planning on visting malls, scottsdale oldtown or anything like that.
Even tho' there are only about 500 rooms, the resort is huge and pleasant enough so that my wife and I had some relaxing "promenades" around the lake, the gardens, water gardens, lake shores at sunset.
Thanks to a well thought layout providing good perspectives and hiding most parts of the main building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst flowering cactus, breathtaking sunsets and framed against the majestic McDowell Mountains, Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa features a 2 1/2-acre "water playground", 27 holes of championship golf, world-class tennis, Spa, the Native American Learning and Environmental Center, an international art collection and four distinctively different restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort And Spa At Gainey Ranch Hotel Scottsdale
- Gainey Ranch
- Hyatt Gainey Ranch Resort