“Nice Hotel, Would stay again. Not a fan of Wi-Fi Policy” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bistro Dining Offer
Ranked #48 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Hotel, Would stay again. Not a fan of Wi-Fi Policy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stayed here for a medical conference recently. The hotel itself if in good condition overall with a nice lobby and pool area. The rooms are nice and my AC was working great which was important since it was at least 108F-112F every day while I was there! The staff was always very friendly no matter who I encountered! Overall I would stay again but here is why I only rated as average.
Beneath the couch in the sitting area of the room, was a whole bunch of peanuts and an empty shampoo bottle. In case you think I am extra weird, I didn't go looking under the couch on purpose! I noticed this while doing push ups my first morning. I reported this to the staff but my dyslexia was kicking in and I gave them the wrong room number. To me, though, this complaint should have prompted the staff to pay extra attention to this detail across the whole facility, but alas, my peanut and shampoo bottle collection remained during my entire stay. This equals lack of attention to detail in my insignificant and humble opinion.
The second thing that soured me on the experience was this facility's Wi-Fi policy. Admittedly, I am a newer business traveler, but have never seen a hotel divvy up their access into slower and faster speeds. This just seems like a blatantly cheap move on Courtyard's part. The basic free Wi-Fi was pretty slow even for browsing so unless you are a cheapskate like me, one is really tempted to shell out the extra $5.00 a day. It's 2014 for Pete's sake... just give people Wifi already!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had to spend an overnight for appointments at the Mayo, and this place, while not "cheap" as cheap goes, it was very comfortable, and very easy to settle into after a hard day. No loud air conditioners (like SO many in the slightly cheaper hotels we've been staying at while travelling around), nice bathrooms, everything very clean. If you're needing to be at the Clinic, they have a slightly reduced rate as well. Great recommendations on restaurants that fit what we were needing. No ugly surprises. Phew. We'll certainly go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Imperial, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Nothing too great, nothing too bad. Just a place to sleep. I would stay here again with a problem. The best thing about Courtyard is you know what to expect. Good cafe, free wifi, we'll stocked pantry and overly enthusiastic hotel staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
I would agree with you that the food is great and the staff is amazing! Thank you for staying with us:)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great location if u are needing to be close to Mayo Clinic.Same propery almost.

Plus...Has a free shuttle to Mayo.and, friendly front desk staff.
Neg.. They had a very rude woman working in the resturant area.. For that reason I would not return to this location!!!!

Room Tip: Twards the Mountains
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I am very sorry your experience in the Bistro wasn't the best. I hope you will give us another chance because your right our staff at the front desk is great. Thank you!
Las Cruces, nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have stayed here many times before when visiting the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale but this time was different. Upon check in, the entire lobby looked different. First it didnt look like a lobby as they had put in a Bistro restaurant to serve food from 4pm to 10pm, enlarged the area for snacks and did away from the traditional long desk for check in. The entire hotel had been remodeled and the colors in each room were outstanding. Very comfortable room and courteous staff. The Bistro really intrigued me. Good menu. Little curved "booth areas" were you were afforded some privacy AND your own TV. You could sit and watch the station of your choice while you dined. What a concept. Without exageration, the bistro burger was one of the best burgers I have ever eaten with good fry and a simple cole slaw salad but what a burger. Love the new look and the concept.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I am so happy you like the new look, we are very proud. I agree with you the food in the Bistro is great! And the freedom to watch whatever channel you want on your own personal TV, you can't beat it! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon:)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

nice large open lobby area, staff was really helpful, free breakfast in the morning was tolerable, rooms were relatively large with mini living room and kitchen included, everything was clean and newish. not the best location unless you have family at the mayo clinic next door, but it was a good price and served us well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We hope you will stay with us again so we can knock your socks off, especially for breakfast. Hope to see you soon!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for six days while visiting the Mayo Clinic. The room and staff were perfect for the occasion. There is a shuttle to take you back and forth to the clinic. The Bistro Cafe is OK for a quick bite but I would suggest eating elsewhere. Nice pool and ample parking.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, we pride ourselves in offering the best service possible.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!