“Great Staff, Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Pet Friendly Package
Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Staff, Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed on New Years Eve for our anniversary. We had a late dinner and checked in afterwards. Dorothy was working the front desk at the time. I later found out that she had been working since 2pm that day, and would not be off until 7am the next day! She could not have been more pleasant and efficient. I would like to say thank you to Dorothy for working over the holiday, and for being able to genuinely smile through it all.

The room was nice too. Kind of small, but for just one night that didn't really impact our stay. The bed was comfy, and it was nice to have the mini fridge and patio overlooking the pool.

I would definitely stay here again if we ever decide to do another "stay-cation" :)
Thank you!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Happy Anniversary!!!! Thank you for spending your special day with us. Dorothy is wonderful and I will be sure to commend her for such great service. Hope to see you for your next staycation!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The staff was awesome and caring. My son was there so we would be close to the Mayo Clinic for his tests. They are within walking distance to the clinic. A free shuttle to the Mayo hospital was also available. The lady at the front desk gave my son a guardian angel pin when she found out why we were there. The food was great and the rooms were clean. Great hot tub at night. The front desk staff went out of their way to help with a Christmas gift that was planned from someone out of state. They even helped pay for part of the gift. Awesome experience. Thank you!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments! I am thrilled that you had a great stay and our staff is the best, some of the most caring poeple I know. Thank you again:)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

So caring and kind .A shuttle to the front and always a smile. Clean well stocked and quiet rooms staff that is so kind .they have a starbucks and a market for snacks .Really clean and cool booths to eat in in privacy with their own tvs. Inlike this place I will come back and my treatments are much easier because of the great staff . well done so very well done.

Room Tip: all of them are great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments!!
San dieho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The staff is great and kind . While staying here for my testing at mayo even in my difficult moments they had a smile and a hello . Quiet , clean , well priced and pet friendly !! I am really pleased with the room and service .great Starbucks and grille and the market has munchies .

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments!! We really enjoyed having you and your pet stay with us, we truly believe that having a clean, beautiful hotel that allows your pet to be with you is a blessing. Our staff is great and works very hard in making your trip as easy and comfortable as possible. Thank you again!
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is in the middle of nowhere. There's nothing within walking distance, except the Mayo Clinic.. which was precisely the ONLY reason I stayed there.
I was greatly limited. Renting a car would have been a waste since I couldn't have driven much during my evaluations (sedation, etc).

At check in the lady was engaged on a lively conversation about area restaurants/meals with some guests that were done checking in (only one desk was open). She glanced and completely ignored me. Didn't say, "I'll be right with you" or anything. She continued the rapport for another 10 minutes or so while I was just standing there. When my turn came she didn't apologize for the long wait.
The 1st assigned room had dirty sheets - they had not been changed.
The room I was moved to did not have king bed, as I had originally reserved.
Shuttle drivers expected a tip for the VERY short ride to Mayo Clinic, even when NO assistance is needed from them to load bags or anything else. They were visibly irritated when there was no tip -- I mean one doesn't always carry cash around since most expenses are covered by credit card. Anyway, they should just be happy during their job and need to understand not every 'effort' deserves a tip. Heck, I NEVER get a tip for just doing my job.

The little mini-fridge in the rooms are a TOTAL WASTE. Did not cool at all. I was told they were just 'cool-boxes', to keep things that are already cold and placed in it. WHAT?? Never heard such a thing. A small mini-fridge had to be brought into my room, which was BTW dirty.

The Bistro should not be called a restaurant, but more like a deli shop. Food is overpriced. A SubWay would have been a much better option.
And the Sundry/Convenience store will make you go broke in no time.
BTW, other hotels with the same rank offer free breakfast.

The first few days were nice, though not warm... so I just glanced at the pool. Then just as the weather turned for the worse -- like cold with non-stop rain -- someone mentioned the pool is heated! If that's true, then it is a pity such fact is not readily disclosed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
I want to thank you for your comments and apoligize for the let down in service. I will personally work hard in making sure that this laps in service doesn't happen again and hope that you give us another chance to redeem ourselves. Thank you for staying with us!
Centerton, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is in a good location if you are visiting the area or the Mayo Clinic. I do not like the new Courtyard concept, so this factors into my review. Their breakfasts are OK-but I do miss the coffee out all day like they used to have. My biggest disappointment was the quality of the bedding- not how courtyard used to be and that the towels were SKIMPY- very thin and small. Commented to my spouse how bad I felt for those staying for medical conditions who had to use those! Location is great, and the price was reasonable. The hotel has recently been renovated in the lobby so that looks new and fresh which is a plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen B, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are working very hard in making sure the rotation of our terry is timely. We do offer complimentary coffee in the room but charge for the Starbucks coffee in the Bistro. I'm sorry the breakfast experience wasn't the best because we offer wonderful selections like morning sramble, french toast, and healthy start. We hope to see you again soon!!
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I believe this hotel was recently renovated, it shows like it is new. Contemporary decor, nice lobby and 'Bistro', relaxing saltwater pool, reasonably equipped workout room. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and accommodating. The location is far from the bustle of Phoenix and central Scottsdale.. way out on the east end in a suburban setting. Close to several hiking and mountain biking trails, and there is even a great nature trail adjacent to the hotel on the Mayo campus. Often left the glass doors open and sometimes heard coyotes at night.
Can be pricey during the week, but weekends (when Mayo is closed) are well priced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments I couldn't have said it better myself! Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Scottsdale Mayo Clinic? Share your experiences!