My husband and I booked this hotel through Travel Zoo with a special rate of 99.00 a night for a Standard King suite. We stayed February 7-13, 2012 for a total of seven nights. The price came with breakfast and the manager's cocktail hour every evening. We really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in Suite 264 with about 500 sq feet of living space. The king bedroom had nice storage and a flat screen t.v. The bedroom also had a sink and extra space for a person to use while the main bathroom was in use. It was very nice to have a living room which could be closed off from the bedroom. The living room had a sleeper sofa, a comfortable chair, a table with chairs, a bar with sink, microwave, and small frig plus a second flat screen t.v. We didn't have a great view from the bedroom and our view of the pool was partially blocked by a pool shed. We didn't care as we got a great price. The breakfast was great with a cafeteria style line where you could order eggs the way you like them, french toast or pancakes, hashed browns, cereal, milk, orange juice, coffee, bananas, grape fruit etc. Very good! The cocktail hour included two mixed drinks per person. There is also an on site restaurant that is good to very good. This is nice if you want to just stay in the resort. The resort is older but well maintained. There are two swimming pools, a large tennis court, and a pool table in the bar area. The resort is well located close to Old Town and Fashion Square.
There were only a few negatives. I had difficulty with allergies and I wondered if the room's ventilation contributed to it. The first night we were hot until we learned to use the fan on high with the temperature set for cool. The housekeeping staff overall were very good except for some minor things liked towels and coffee packets. You may want to bring a beach towel if you have room as the pool towels are very skimpy. Also could have used a roll of paper towels in the bar area. Minor things really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chaparral Suites Scottsdale is an all-suite property offering value pricing with full-service amenities. Located in the heart of Scottsdale, we are situated among 15 acres of beautiful landscaping and within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. Entertainment, golf and cultural activities are also in close proximity. In each of our 312 suites you will find a spacious living room and bedroom, two TVs, wet bar with mini fridge, microwave, coffee/tea maker and sink, iron/ironing board, hair dryer, in-room safe, voice messaging and in-room movies. Our signature complimentary amenities include a full American breakfast and evening reception daily, individual airport transportation 6am to 9pm, in-room wired and wireless Internet and USA Today newspaper. You can play tennis, swim in one of our two oversized pools, enjoy a whirlpool or workout in our fitness center. Relax for lunch or dinner in our 4th Floor Grille restaurant or watch your favorite sport on 10 state-of-the-art HD satellite TVs in our Sports Bar. We have 50,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space (25,000 indoor/25,000 outdoor). Our 11,200 sq. ft. Chaparral Ballroom and Conference Center provides advanced technological audio-visual features, which include AV catwalk, hang points, voice and modem phone connections, T1 Internet connections and wired and wireless Internet connectivity. Also on site are two additional ballrooms and three Executive boardrooms. Our hotel also offers concierge services, car rental desk, gift shop, business center and laundry services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Chaparral Suites Scottsdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaparral Suites Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- Chaparral Hotel Scottsdale
- Chaparral Resort Scottsdale