“When they say WOW you, they really mean it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Scottsdale

You added W Scottsdale to your Saves list
W Scottsdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7277 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Comayagua, Honduras
“When they say WOW you, they really mean it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Try a stay at the W Scottsdale. Even for those who are used to a traditional upscale hotel, the wittiness and modern design of the W properties is a refreshing change. The various named areas of the hotel will definitely WOW you. From the "Living Room" Lounge with its glass fire pit, to the sitting pits in the "Wet" Pool, nothing is left without the special touches that make the W properties so unique. Many hotels are trying to copy the W idea, but there will always be only one original. The W, with all its special services and super friendly and efficient staff, made my stay in Arizona something to remember. And while you're at it, also try the W Istanbul, and W Mexico City.......both will also WOW your socks off.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 16, 2011
We love that you are a W fan! Happy to hear W Scottsdale was just what you have come to expect from W! Thank you for your review. We hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Just a note to say, if your staying in scottsdale make sure it is at the W...the twins (aka brigitte & heidi) rule...I travel 35 weeks a year all over the world and their the best...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

My wife and friends frequent the W for cocktails several times a year it is a great destination to have fun and relax. We went to the Fangtasia Halloween party they hosted and had such a great time we decided to stay there fro New Years. As a group we had booked 3 rooms. Entry into the party was a little pricey @ $150 per couple, but well worth not dealing with a bunch of punk kids with fake I.D. spilling drinks on us all nightlike most Scottsdale clubs (hehe), The night started off great and we were really enjoying the stunning decor and great entertainment. Right at Midnight we rang in the New Year. Everyone was in a really great mood...thats when the unexpected happened. As I headed to the restroom on the deck of the "Shade Bar" I was bumped into by a woman who was obviously over her limit. She spilled my drink on the both of us and then told me to watch where I was going. I told her to sober up and she started yelling. Her husabnd / boyfriend began yelling at me to which I was laughing at first while trying to explain what happened. Unfortunately I think the high nosie level made communication less than perfect and it escaleted into me having to try and calm down him anf 3 or 4 of his friends and his obnoxious girl. It ended with some words being exchanged by both parties and me getting punched repeatedly in the face. I would not really be too bothered if that was all that happened however during the time my glasses fell to the floor. As I attempted to pick them up I was kicked in the face and body. I was now on all fours when the Bartender jumped over the bar and began pulling these guys off of me. I was happy to have that happen but now I was wanting to hit someone back myself. Luckily well dressed Security officers began grabbing everyone and ushering us downstairs without even attempting to discuss what happened. I completely understand the purpose of this process as they surely wanted to diffuse the situation asap. As we got to the bottom of the stairs we were all escorted past the lobby to the front entrance. They told us all to leave to which I tried to explain that I was just assaulted. They did not seem to care who started what, who was hurt, and who was responsible. I asked the security to contact the Scottsdale police department so that I can make a formal report. I asked if the W was going to write a report and at least collect everyones info. I had cuts to my face and had lost a ring, my glasses, and my wifes camera which had fallen out of my coat pocket during the melee. As I sat on the bench outside the main entrance waiting for Police. No police came and I then asked to speak with the Director or a Manager. I was finally approached by a gentleman named Damien O'Connor. He said he apologized for what happened and was contacting the Off Duty Officers that they had on site to take a Police report. No one contacted me, except my wife and friends were less than happy with what had happened. Luckily someone had picked up our camera and given it to one of my friends s I was being escorted down the stairs. To make a long story short I am blown away at the lack of concern showed for a guest that has been assaulted at a hotel. I assume had this happened any other night there would have been formal Police involvement and at the very least a report with all the parties involved being documented. Maybe some first aid being rendered or at least offered? We contacted Police on the way home (no we did not stay as my wife was livid) The Police setup an appointment to speak with a detective at the Police department. They asked if the hotel had taken an incident report so I called the hotel and was transferred to several people finally getting to Jason in the Security Dept. He told me he was going to reveiw the cameras and formally document the incident. He explained that at the time I was assualted the Police were dealing with 2 other much more serious assaults. I was surprised as I have been to the W 100's of times and have never seen anything but people having a great time. I dont hold the W responsible for a bunch of drunk fools starting trouble with their patrons, however the lack of sufficient security and the disconcern over injuries sustained on the property is unacceptable and falls short of the reputation the W has nationwide for customer service. I will still visit the W hotel chain but not the one in Scottsdale.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

our stay at the e Scottsdale was
amazing. when I contacted amber at the hotel to plan our stay, telling her what a crappy year we had and how much we were looking forward to our stay, she responded with a sweet note, an upgrade to a suite and her well wishes. when we arrived we were greeted by name and ushered to our perfect suite with fresh strawberries from amber and her crew. we also met fabulous people (just wish they would have worn nametags so we could honor them properly!) like Eli the concierge who was so helpful and great to talk with... great stay from start to finish. don't miss staying here!

• Stayed December 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I'm a SPG gold member and would normally stay at The Westin Kierland or the Phoenician, however both had rates much higher than this property so I decided to try it.

Excellent location in the shopping district, one block off the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. Great sushi restaurant attached to the hotel with an amazing happy hour.

The rooms were more modern than The Westin, smaller in size but very nice.

Service here was outstanding. The twin girls who checked me in at the desk Bridget and Heidi made good dinner recommendations we enjoyed. I had left my credit card at the lobby bar and the next morning the same girls here were able to find it for me.

I will definitely return here if I can get a similar rate.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 20, 2010
Thank you for giving W Scottsdale a try! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your W experience! We will pass your compliments on to Heidi and Brigitte and hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Scottsdale! Thanks for your review! - Alyssa Kiefer, W Scottsdale
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

Just wanted to complement the staff on their outstanding service especially the front desk twins Heidi and Brigitte who besides being on top of their game actually enjoy their jobs. Thanks again for a job well done.

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

I've stayed at many of the luxury properties in the greater Phoenix area and prefer this one above all others. The location is perfect, walking distance to all the restaurants, shopping, bars in Scottsdale. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful - I've stayed at W Hotels throughout the U.S. and this is the best property and has the best service. The living room downstairs and bar is what you'd expect from a W Hotel (trendy, cozy), the terrace bar, pool and lounging areas are nothing short of spectacular. The restaurant is excellent both for breakfast and dinner. While W hotel rooms often are small, dimly lit, and leave a traveler with high expectations to be disappointed, this property has bright spacious rooms that are both luxurious and trendy. Whenever I travel to the Phoenix area (which is often), one of the reasons I look forward to going is my downtime at the W. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to W Scottsdale? Share your experiences!