“Meh it's ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of W Scottsdale

You added W Scottsdale to your Saves list
W Scottsdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7277 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Los Angeles, California
“Meh it's ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good service, it's ok. The rooms are small and the bed is in the middle of the room which is so weird. Was there on business. It's clean is the only positive. Otherwise, it tries too hard to be ultra trendy yet lacking quality. It felt like being in Ikea. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Morgan K, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking some time to write a review. I am surprised to read that you did not enjoy our design, it is by far the largest compliment we receive here.
We just launched six new VIP Suites that might be more your style. They offer up to 2,000 square feet of space and even include a washer and dryer! I do hope you are able to check them out during your next visit to Scottsdale!

Sincerely.
Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This place is FANTASTIC! All staff was so accommodating and friendly, one even sat with us at the pool for a few minutes to discuss the best local shopping (Thank you by the way - replaced my whole wardrobe!). They really kept their cool when the pool was packed with only a couple servers, they still took time to chat with everyone which was really refreshing. Even though the hotel was sold out for spring training the atmosphere was so relaxed and very trendy. Totally my style! The rooms were really modern and exceptionally clean, love the Bliss Spa products in the room too. Beds were so comfy, a better sleep than I have at home!

We ate at hotel restaurant, Shusi Roku, one night and had great service there as well, the manager was working and suggested a few things for us to try which were all amazing. Coming from an island on the west coast, home of many sushi spots, I was very impressed!

The hotel is in the ideal location, walking distance to great local shops and restauarants as well as Scotdsdale Fashion Quarter - best shopping I've done in a while! Only a 20-ish minute drive to lots of other great shopping too.

This W made me want to come back to Scotsdale and see more, so I will definitely be back soon - save me a room!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing about your trip to Scottsdale!
It sounds like you had a blast during your stay here. Shopping, spring training, eating, and sun, what else could you ask for?!
Be sure to let us know if we can make your next visit even more enjoyable.
Your room awaits you!

Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This review is for the lounge at the W in Scottsdale:

I'm a longtime Starwood member and travel frequently making platinum most years. I've been to "W" hotels in at least a dozen cities.

While the people watching and deck were fabulous the rest of this place was a fail.

Staff was apathetic and a bit rude. Service took forever and refused to clean our table from the last party. We actually had to bus our own table to remove the dishes from the previous customer. The drinks were disappointing and expensive. I won't even discuss the food.

If you're staying here, go up and take a look then go eat, drink, and enjoy Scottsdale's other offerings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Morgan K, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking some time to write your review about your stay in Scottsdale. I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. It does not sound like a usual visit to W Scottsdale. We strive on our amazing service and we value each guest that steps foot here.

I know our General Manager, Ren, would love the chance to discuss these issues more in depth at your convenience. Please contact him directly at GMRen.Hirose@whotels.com.

Laval, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in Feb for a business trip. I loved it. Room decorated with clean lines, great food and in room amenities. You would have expected the staff to be a little stuck up, but no way. They were great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

As part of my business trips i visit many hotels, and i frequently stay at the W. This said W Scottsdale is one of my favorites due to their outstanding attention to details. I stayed at the W again Feb 21-22, 2013 and due to a small delay at check in they immediately comped me a movie. The concierge came to both my colleagues and my room, presented us with a small " chocolate and popcorn snack pack, neatly wrapped in a W silk bow", and wished us a pleasant stay and movie. The pool is inviting, the restaurant an excellent breakfast choice , the rooms are W excellent standard and all in all just a great experience every time. W scottsdale takes the price when it comes to good service. Always accomodating and with a smile ! Needless to say , a place i'll return to.
Rgards Mette B. K

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Morgan K, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking some time out to review your stay!
It is great to hear that even with a slight delay at check in, our loyal guests will understand and continue to enjoy their stay.
I will be sure to share your compliments with our Talent.
We hope to see you in Scottsdale again soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We travel a lot and having been to numerous W's we truly feel that this is one of the best W's we've been to.

From the initial greeting by the valet to the very attentive front desk staff (Sarah) to the Whatever/Whenever staff...everything just works and works very, very well.

We enjoyed the pool for a few days and even with the change in staff, everyone was great and very engaging...looked after all of our needs, even replenishing our pitchers of water. The food choices for a poolside menu were great...especially the artisan cheese plate!!!

As a Platinum member of Starwood's SPG program, one has certain expectations of this caliber of hotel...and I have no trouble saying that Ren and his team meet everyone of those expectations! Bravo! Can't wait to return to our new favourite W...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing a review of your stay in Scottsdale! It sounds like you had an amazing time. I will be sure to pass along your kudos to the Talent. We love hearing about all the wonderful experiences our guests have had here.
From reading this I am going to have to try the cheese plate soon, it sounds yummy!

We cannot wait for your return to W Scottsdale!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I arrived in Phoenix after a 35 hour journey and all I wanted was a quick checkin, a solid dinner and comfortable room. Score. My room didn't have a great view but didn't look into a wall or someone's house either so can't complain. The room was spacious, well equipped and having wifi everywhere is great. Dinner, similarly wasn't blow you away great but it was tasty, satisfying and ultimately just what I needed. As a tourist though, I'm not sure how good/bad the location is - I stayed the night and drove off in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013
Morgan K, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for writing your review about your stay in Scottsdale. After that long of a trip, that is all I would want too!
I do hope that you return to check out all of the amenities we offer as well as all the local attractions!

Morgan

Been to W Scottsdale? Share your experiences!