“Great Place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of W Scottsdale

You added W Scottsdale to your Saves list
W Scottsdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7277 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #54 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This hotel might be one of the best locations I've stayed at so far domestically. The staff was excellent, the location was excellent, the room was excellent and the amenities were excellent. I didn't try the gym but walked to Camel Mountain for a hike, great trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you so much! It is always a pleasure to read that guests enjoyed their time with us. We love seeing the word ‘excellent’ written out so many times.

I am glad you had a chance to hike Camelback during your stay. It is one of the great quirks about Scottsdale that a mountain trail can be one of the most popular activities for visitors and locals alike! It can get quite busy, but the views are worth it!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Brad W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel on Christmas day in a suite and was very disappointed compared to my stay at other Ws.
The level of cleanliness was below average (dirt on carpet, unlaundered bedsheets), the Bose system was not working and the light bulb in the bathroom not working.
While the hotel staff attempted to rectify the issues once reported it is clear that nobody had checked the room.
While the hotel manager offered me a complimentay meal as compensation, I was subsequently charged for other items which I had not even consumed.
The front desk staff were very helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay. We always strive to provide an iconic W experience, and I am sorry to read that was not the case for you!

I promise this is not typical of a stay with us, and I apologize. I am glad our Welcome Desk talent were able to help you, and hope that you consider us for your next visit to Scottsdale.

Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

My stay at the W hotel was ALMOST perfect. It was a birthday trip with an over night in Scottsdale... The W is a beautiful hotel and by far the best in Scottsdale, it even rivals some hotels in Las Vegas. The check in process was quick and enjoyable and they even comped us a few extra hours with a later check out time.
Upon arrival to our room we were greeted by a birthday card and celebratory champagne, a fantastic touch. We were on the 5th floor with a view of the pool and courtyard.
The night was fantastic with great beds an amazing shower and anything else you could want or need.
The next morning was the only issue... We were woken up TWICE long before check out time by knocks on the door and someone yelling "hello" when I opened the door there was no one there. One of those times there was an invoice slipped under the door. I thought this was a huge disturbance and it should not happen when guests are trying to sleep.
Other than the morning disturbance, our stay at the W was extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello! Next time we want to make sure your stay is absolutely perfect, none of this ‘almost’ stuff. We love celebrating special occasions, and I hope your birthday was fantastic!

It is standard practice to put the folio under the door on the day of checkout, but we have options available! You can sign up to receive your folio via email when you arrive, and it will be sent out upon your departure. In addition, we recommend using the Do Not Disturb signage to ensure that your privacy.

I do hope to welcome you back to W Scottsdale soon, and make this next experience a perfect one!

Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a business meeting here and the service was unbelievably good. The hotel was immaculate and very cool/trendy. It is only about 15 minutes from the airport as well. I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello, and thank you for staying at W Scottsdale! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us, and liked the property!

We love having business travelers stay with us, and we are convenient to basically everything in Scottsdale and Phoenix. I am thrilled to see you would return, and we are anxiously awaiting your next arrival!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel a ton for work so it is important to have my hotel feel familiar and comfortable. I always feel zen when I am staying here. I appreciate the attention to detail at the hotel with the staff, room stylists, room service, restaurant, bellman and valet. I choose this hotel when traveling for work, and even for my personal vacation! The staff is amazing, they remember me when I arrive and make me feel important to them. I enjoy the boutique atmosphere of the hotel; it feels tucked away and located right in the middle of everything in Downtown Scottsdale (shopping, restaurants, etc). I enjoy the fact the hotel is often buzzing with something fun;, fashion shows that I can watch from my room or attend if I choose, live music, charity events, and celebrations for holidays (Memorial Day with live music & BBQ poolside). The rooms and beds are so comfortable so I always get a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Indulge yourself and RSVP the Spa Suite Room, enjoy the giant soaking tub and private patio in the z...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us, we appreciate the feedback.
It sounds like you really enjoy your time with us, and we enjoy having you here! We feel that our service and Talent members distinguish us in Scottsdale, a place full of resorts. I will be sure to share your kind words.

There is always something going at W Scottsdale, and I am glad you like the environment. We look forward to your next visit, whether it is business or leisure!

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Well located near lots of bars and restsurants in Scottsdale. Very nice chic modern rooms. Great pool deck/bar. Can be a fairly happening night scene on weekends. The whole abrasive bouncer thing is a bit much, but if you're staying here you're entitled to access the selective nightclubby bottle-servicey pool bar area. Many attractive women dressed in slinky black outfits, but they all work here. It is a tad pretentious but at least they discourage the riffraff. It's a younger scene here and kinda pricey. Very nice hotel though.

• Stayed November 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your rooms, as well as the rest of the property. Our location in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale really sets the tone for the property, as we are one of the main hubs of the social scene.

I am sorry to see that you encountered anything but a welcoming from our security team, and I will be sure to pass that along.

I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Arizona.

boulder, co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hip and right smack on center of fashion mall with tons of creative concept restaurants steps away
super friendly staff- thanks to Bryn for her help in getting us our balcony room- very personalized service

• Stayed November 2012

Been to W Scottsdale? Share your experiences!