“Really cool place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Scottsdale

You added W Scottsdale to your Saves list
W Scottsdale
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7277 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #55 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
Minneapolis
“Really cool place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We had a business meeting here and the service was unbelievably good. The hotel was immaculate and very cool/trendy. It is only about 15 minutes from the airport as well. I would come back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello, and thank you for staying at W Scottsdale! I am glad to see you enjoyed your time with us, and liked the property!

We love having business travelers stay with us, and we are convenient to basically everything in Scottsdale and Phoenix. I am thrilled to see you would return, and we are anxiously awaiting your next arrival!

Brad W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I travel a ton for work so it is important to have my hotel feel familiar and comfortable. I always feel zen when I am staying here. I appreciate the attention to detail at the hotel with the staff, room stylists, room service, restaurant, bellman and valet. I choose this hotel when traveling for work, and even for my personal vacation! The staff is amazing, they remember me when I arrive and make me feel important to them. I enjoy the boutique atmosphere of the hotel; it feels tucked away and located right in the middle of everything in Downtown Scottsdale (shopping, restaurants, etc). I enjoy the fact the hotel is often buzzing with something fun;, fashion shows that I can watch from my room or attend if I choose, live music, charity events, and celebrations for holidays (Memorial Day with live music & BBQ poolside). The rooms and beds are so comfortable so I always get a good night sleep.

Room Tip: Indulge yourself and RSVP the Spa Suite Room, enjoy the giant soaking tub and private patio in the z...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us, we appreciate the feedback.
It sounds like you really enjoy your time with us, and we enjoy having you here! We feel that our service and Talent members distinguish us in Scottsdale, a place full of resorts. I will be sure to share your kind words.

There is always something going at W Scottsdale, and I am glad you like the environment. We look forward to your next visit, whether it is business or leisure!

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Well located near lots of bars and restsurants in Scottsdale. Very nice chic modern rooms. Great pool deck/bar. Can be a fairly happening night scene on weekends. The whole abrasive bouncer thing is a bit much, but if you're staying here you're entitled to access the selective nightclubby bottle-servicey pool bar area. Many attractive women dressed in slinky black outfits, but they all work here. It is a tad pretentious but at least they discourage the riffraff. It's a younger scene here and kinda pricey. Very nice hotel though.

• Stayed November 2012
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us!

I am glad to see you enjoyed your rooms, as well as the rest of the property. Our location in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale really sets the tone for the property, as we are one of the main hubs of the social scene.

I am sorry to see that you encountered anything but a welcoming from our security team, and I will be sure to pass that along.

I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Arizona.

boulder, co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Hip and right smack on center of fashion mall with tons of creative concept restaurants steps away
super friendly staff- thanks to Bryn for her help in getting us our balcony room- very personalized service

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The W was wonderful. I had reserved the spa suite but found I was upgraded to the Wow suite and boy was I ever wowed!! Sexy, sleek and modern. The bed had fur, glitter and animal print accents. The living room was gorgeous. The outdoor patio overlooked the pool. And the bathroom? There are no words!! I visited the bliss spa one day which was absolutely one of the best massages I have ever had. Thursday night they had a pool party and gave out free gift bags filled with goodies. Tons of shopping nearby within walking distance. Sushi restaurant on site was awesome! This was my first visit to Arizona and they made this southern girl have a very nice welcome! Thanks for the memories!!

• Stayed November 2012
Hello, and thank you for sharing your W Scottsdale experience! I am so glad that W Scottsdale was able to be your first impression of Arizona, and it sounds like a great first visit.

Our WOW suites are really something, and the patios with the WET deck views are definitely one of the best features.

I look forward to seeing you again soon, and I love the pictures you posted!

West Point, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is my third stay at the W Scottsdale. Each time has been enjoyable. The staff pays great attention to detail and are very friendly. The valets are prompt and attentive. The front desk staff listens and pays attention and offers help. The room was clean and comfortable.

The W hotel is a boutique hotel and if you like their style then you will be impressed with the W Scottsdale. They do an excellent job. I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If you enjoy W Hotels you will not be disappointed with this one. The lobby and pool scene won't disappoint. A side note, be prepared for a festive loud pool scene approaching each weekend. The W pool hosts Neiman Marcus fashion shows with singers to cool techno rave DJs. Any room over looking the pool will be able to hear the pool scene well into the night. It was not a problem for us ... which brings up the staff. When you do check in the staff does warn you of the noise before allowing you to check into a room over looking the pool.

The staff, from the pool waitresses, to check in, to housecleaning where professional, helpful, and excellent. The staff got a 5 star from us.

The food is also excellent. The sushi restaurant, SoKu is also a 5 star quality. excellent grade sushi served in creative rolls, wraps, and carpaccios.

The only reason for the 4 star rating is that, while the rooms were nice and W creative, they were extremely small.

If you are a W traveler, you will not be disappointed in this W.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Scottsdale, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

We do have a very vibrant nightlife at W Scottsdale, and we did recently host a Neiman Marcus fashion show on our rooftop. I am glad you seemed to enjoy it!

We do our best to let our guests know when we have special events occurring on property, as we always want you to attend!

I am happy you found our Talent to be excellent, that is the best compliment we can receive.
I hope to welcome you back to W Scottsdale soon, and for your next visit we do have many different floor-plans and rooms available.

Have a great day!

Been to W Scottsdale? Share your experiences!