“Ok Hotel in the heart of Scottsdale bar scene” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Scottsdale

You added Hotel Indigo Scottsdale to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Scottsdale
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4415 North Civic Center Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #63 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
North Canton, Ohio
“Ok Hotel in the heart of Scottsdale bar scene”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in late January for the Phoenix Open event. The hotel was just, ok. Like others have said, it has a minimalist feel, and starting to look worn OR - recently updated, just with the cheapest and lowest quality materials available, I'm not sure. Parts of the laminate click-lock flooring were coming apart in the corner.. confusing...

The shower had this odd hole in the middle of the glass divider -so there was no real way to keep the bathroom from flooding - which I didn't understand. The tile floors and walls on the shower were FILTHY... really bad and I don't really have super high standards. I don't know if they don't clean them, or if the can't get them any cleaner. I didn't stay in that shower any longer than absolutely necessary.

The staff seemed irritated most of the time. One morning I went down for coffee, because the in-room offering was awful - and I simply asked where I could get a cup of coffee. She snapped at me "well, you're going to have to PAY for it", Yikes! I just asked.... I said, "no problem" and then she tilted her head in the direction of the bar area.... yeah, thanks... good morning, nice lady.

I also wanted to buy some appetizers to take to the room one evening, and they were offering happy hour - 1/2 price appetizers.... well, that's bar pricing only, which is cool, but the bar tender was really irritated that I wasn't willing to stay and eat(and drink- and run up a tab) so he took his good ole time getting my order together.... whatever.... I sat by the firepit and waited, and waited. And Waited, and just to note... the bar was empty except for me.

I also took advantage of the "free" shuttle service (noted that it's within 3 miles of the hotel)... the guy was nice enough as he drove me 2 blocks to my destination.. had I known I was only 2 blocks away I would have walked it... and then told me to call him (he gave me a card when I got out) when I was ready to come back.... so I waited to tip him for the ride..... as I saw it - if I tipped him $5 for the 2 block ride out - and $5 for the ride back - I would be about 3 times the cost of a taxi since it was so close( and who tips with less than a $5?) .... So, on the return, for the entire two blocks, which now seems much longer because.... I had to hear about how he was so busy and this took time and how tips are important.... yeah, I know.... my bad, I should have tipped on the drop-off and walked back.... but I made sure to tip him on the return.... and then I rented a car the next day for the rest of my trip... problem solved.

As I was leaving for the airport, I got into a taxi and then realized I left my Ipad in the room, so I asked the driver to wait (meter ticking at this point)... and ran back in to get it.... I had already turned in my key, so I had to go to the front desk to ask for another key to get back in, and the desk clerk refused to acknowledge me. She kept answering phones (which is ok, if they tell the caller to hold for a moment) but she was handling their requests instead of helping the person right in front of her - and I'm sure she could sense I was in a hurry ( meter ticking... plane leaving.... ) finally, finally when she did everything else she could possibly do - she reluctantly let me back into my room.... ugh....

If you want to be in the middle of the bar scene, and you don't mind unfriendly service and I room that's falling apart - this might be a good option for you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear JCskiier,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feed back on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. I would also like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Your comments about the restaurant service and the cleanliness of the bathroom have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This is by far the noisiest hotel I've stayed in for a while. However, it's still comfortable. It has a spa feel, and lovely relaxing fragrance when you arrive. The rooms are large and clean. However they are starting to look a little worn and the walls between rooms seem to be a coupe of sheets of plasterboard stuck together.

Despite the noise, this hotel is in a fantastic location for the shops, bars and clubs. Perhaps even a little too close if all you want is a decent sleep. I guess that's why they provide you with earplugs and a suggested "white noise" app to help you sleep.

Stayed February 2014
Dear Rufus G,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to pologize for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. This was a nice hotel!

Within walking distance, there were a lot of restaurants, mostly for nightlife. The only true downside to the hotel was that on Friday and Saturday nights there was loud music coming from those restaurants, you could hear it to the fifth floor where we were. Luckily, we are not light sleepers, otherwise it would really have been annoying. On Sunday night, there was no noise. There were parking places right next to the hotel, part of them covered.

We stayed in two connected rooms; kids were in one room and adults in the room right next to it. There was ample space for everybody. Especially, we’d like to mention the space in the bathrooms: there was so much space on the bathroom tables that we have never seen such before! Usually, you have to try to stick your things somewhere on a very small table and they drop or… but not here! It was great! There was a good size bed in the bedroom, soft but not overly soft. The water run well in the bathroom; there was a bath. Although it was January, it was comfortably warm in the room even at night. The floors were wooden. Cleaning was excellent. The hotel staff was helpful.

The hotel has a kind of a special feel due to the interesting wallpaper they use, and some other interesting features. In each bathroom, there was a round lamp surrounding the mirror. This provided a special and quite a psychedelic effect: when you look at yourself through the mirror, it appears that your eyes have round white light surrounding the irises. First time I saw it took me some time to figure out why I looked so strange… Cool, or somebody might call it weird... There was a hole in the bathroom glass wall so you could turn the shower on and then check whether the water was warm before coming in, that was helpful since it sometimes took about 20 seconds for the water to warm completely.

The breakfast menu was nice, we always found something to order. The parfait was good! We didn’t go to the hotel restaurant in the evening so cannot say anything about that.

There was a small pool area behind the hotel, a small pool with no heating, impossible to stay in there in winter (we had not planned to).

We’d definitely recommend this place! The service was excellent every step of the way!

Room Tip: Take rooms on higher levels, they are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

the hotel is very modern, and well decorated. it feels very confortable. The staff is very polite and helpful.
we used our points, and we had a suite. of course, internet is free, and works perfectly well.
the roof top bar (also nice at breakfast) area is very attractive with the fire pits.
well located in the night life quarter

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed here on a Saturday night and was extremely impressed by this Indigo. It is true that the hotel is in a noisy area however the earplugs in the room were a nice touch and I had a great night's sleep! The location for downtown Scottsdale was perfect. I'm definitely staying here again considering the quality of the hotel and the amazing service I got as an IHG Platinum member.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have enjoyed Hotel Indigos in the past. We have a very quaint one in Houston. I will never stay at this hotel again and would never recommend it to any friends. We did not appreciate checking in without anyone at the front desk offering us (over 40s) a quieter room, if it's possible there is one. We were in a room right next to at least three night clubs with crazy loud bass dance music. Impossible to sleep. Worst hotel experience from a person who travels twice a month for work. Extremely disappointing!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Anne C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ambient noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Arrived in a parking garage with no attendant be assured it's the right entrance take elevator to 2nd floor. Christopher at the front desk immediately noticed that we were here through the weekend & offered up that the suite they had reserved for us has a balcony but it is on the very loud side of the hotel ("you could spit on the roof of the nightclub from that balcony") the other suite on the quieter side has no balcony, thank goodness he was on top of that. We chose the more quiet side; which btw is still loud. The hotel is in an incredible location as far as restaurants, sports bars, & Fashion Square Mall ---5 Stars for location. This hotel is quite cheaply made; while the laminate flooring is a cleaner choice I can only assume they didn't put a sound barrier under it as we heard each & every footstep, desk chair/suitcase rolling, & even the snoring from upstairs ---request a 5th floor room to avoid noise above you. The bathroom altho large has horrible lighting, the room itself has only a couple of outlets -- which in this technology age is a real P.I.T.A., the king bed is firm but the down comforter was nice. The furniture is worn & in desperate need of repair. The staff is very welcoming & although we didn't use the golf cart shuttles to the restaurants/bars it was nice to have available. Might stay again but only if the rate is much reduced.

Room Tip: Top floor (5th Floor), opposite side of nightclub.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lorie S,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted our convenient location suited your travel well.

We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced regarding your room accommodation. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and will share these with our Management team for future consideration.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Been to Hotel Indigo Scottsdale? Share your experiences!