“Boutique hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Indigo Scottsdale

Save Saved
You added Hotel Indigo Scottsdale to your Saves list
Hotel Indigo Scottsdale
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4415 North Civic Center Plaza, Scottsdale, AZ (Downtown Scottsdale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #59 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
Surrey
“Boutique hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Indigo is a small boutique hotel in the financial district of Scottsdale within easy walking distance of bars, restaurants and shops and about 10 miles from the airport. In places it could do with a refurb and the small pool area is a bit grim (car park one side, road on the other and piped music trying to drown out the sound of the air con units!) There is also a small bar/cafe restaurant. The reception staff were very friendly and always ready to give recommendations for restaurants, places to see etc and to print off street maps to help you get there. The room was clean and comfortable if a little basic. In summary I would say if you are only staying one night, or maybe a couple and you are planning on being out all day, then it is perfectly adequate. Not a hotel to spend time in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
The-Actuallys, Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our pool area and a/c units. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I appreciate the great feedback about our guest service experience. I would like to thank you for your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotel was OK. In the same vein as W hotels but actually less annoying. It didn't the obligatory obnoxious lobby nightclub with blaring music and overly trendy, yet non-functional furniture. This hotel was actually functional, with trendy touches of decor. The biggest annoyance for me was the fact that the air conditioner unit was underneath the desk - which made it very uncomfortable to work since cold air was blasting me the whole time. With temperatures still in the upper 90's in AZ, it wasn't an option to not run the a/c. Overall, an average stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LBOskiBear, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. I appreciate the feedback about the placement of the a/c unit and we are working on a solution to better direct airflow. I hope to see you again in your future travels to Scottsdale and you can see how your feedback positively affected the hotel.
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at the Indigo Hotel Scottsdale for $119...room was small and the bed was a hand-me-down from 10 or 11 years ago. I like the Aveda bathroom amenities, but that was about it. Valet parking was $15 which is ridiculous and the Continental breakfast is barely above a Comfort Inn.

Plenty of better options in Scottsdale. Try the others first and choose this one if all other options have been exhausted.

• Stayed September 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear DolceG_123,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to hear that our bathroom amenities lived up to your expectations. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced. Rest assured that I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at Hotel Indigo for a girls overnight to the area.

Chose this hotel due to location. Saturday night stay here is not suggested if you have resting or sleeping in mind. Loud parties and people running up and down the hallways until early hours of the morning. Not only is the hotel environment loud, the Hotel Indigo is located in the center of the Scottsdale club scene. High traffic and loud music playing from nearby clubs adds to the noise level.

Staff were friendly, valet staff were exceptional. The cafe on lobby floor was poorly staffed and the person working there was pretty short and rude to explain I would have to wait due to their waiting on other people ahead of me. I was there to get something g quick and gave no indication I was rushing her or needed quick service.

Love that the bathrooms are stocked with Aveda products. Clean and comfortable..
You know your checking in to a noisy establishment when earplugs are offered at bedside.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear harley1234,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted our hotel location suited you well. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to the noise created by our other guests and other hotel staff. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again and provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Indigo for 7 nights at the start of the month and our two main concerns before we arrived were the noise problems we had read about in other reviews and our age bracket which didn't seem to fit into the hip young scene portrayed also in other people's reviews.
The first thing we did on our arrival was to express these concerns, we were given a room on the 5th floor to the back which kept us away from any noise which only seems to be a problem at the weekend. The age problem soon evaporated when I glanced through to the bar area (it was 7pm on a Tuesday night) and saw older people there than my husband and myself who are in their 50's.
The staff are friendly and helpful we couldn't fault them. Our room was spacious and well equipped, but the air conditioning was noisy and outdated- but we suffered it. The walls were paper thin and we could hear every word spoken by the people who stayed thankfully for only one night, at the weekend next door to us. Housekeeping was far too slow, our room was still unmade most days at 2pm one day it was after 3pm before we could gain entry, we had been out all day and had wanted to rest, but I blame the hotel not housekeeping as they obviously need more staff.
The hotel was situated in the wrong area for us as we headed Downtown to the older part of Scottsdale almost every night. The pool was small and quite frankly didn't look too clean so we stayed out of it. We won't be staying here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Elaine R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad that you had a good experience with our staff and found our room accommodations suitable for your needs. I would like to apologize for the air conditioning issues you experienced and if our housekeeping services was not at par with your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to host you again should your travels bring you back to Scottsdale.

Pam G.
Millington, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

One man's meat is another's poison. I hated my stay in this hotel. When we arrived at this hotel mid-aftenoon, several scantily clad young women were also arriving. Bad impression. Later, we realized they were just party girls; the hotel had a Saturday night pool party with drinks and a DJ. Ladies arriving early were admitted free. The party was LOUD! My colleagues with rooms facing the pool had trouble sleeping. The whole neaighborhood was full of bars and taverns offering a variety of load parties. I found no quiet, mid-price restaurants to get a nice supper, so I bought something from a supermarket three blocks away. The elevators were glacially slow, so I used the stairs, which really weren't intended to be used by guests. The next morning, the hotel cafe was not open for breakfast until seven, and I was hungry at 6:30.

On the plus side, the rooms were immaculate and very nicely decorated in a very modern/casual style.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you only want to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hotel I, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Scottsdale, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
GeekGhoddess, thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our hotel. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you. I have taken personal note of your review to share with our staff to ensure that future guest stays are nothing short of superior. The hotel discontinued pool parties at the hotel at the end of June. These reviews are of great importance to us in allowing us to continually monitor and improve our service. We hope that you come back in the future and see how your feedback positively affected the hotel.
Mesa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel after purchasing a livingsocial deal. We decided to have a girls' night out and stay here instead of driving home. I love the location of this hotel, right down the street from where we had been out. From the moment we walked in, everyone was so helpful and checking in was very easy. I did appreciate the covered parking, which is limited, but made me feel my car was safe. Also, the elevator does not work unless you have a room key, which I also thought was a great idea, knew that everyone around was either staff or someone staying at the hotel. We also had a late check out at 2pm which was available for us, so convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone either local or visiting Scottsdale for the first time. It is clean, modern and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask about late check out!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Erika G, thank you for the great review about your recent girls' night out. We are happy to see that our hotel was in the perfect location and that our customer service experience was exceptional. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again!

Been to Hotel Indigo Scottsdale? Share your experiences!