“Good seafood in Scottsdale” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wildfish Seafood Grille

Wildfish Seafood Grille
7135 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251-1262 (Downtown Scottsdale)
480-994-4040
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfish Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,025 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: Scottsdale Rd.
Description: The only thing primitive about Wildfish Seafood Grille is the swimmingly fresh seafood -- mostly caught the day before and shipped next day on ice. Otherwise, this cosmopolitan bistro is as sophisticated as any fine eatery in New York or Vegas. Burnished wood, dim theatrical lighting, cozy tables, a stylish exhibition kitchen and central bar with several TVs available to catch the game embellish the interior. Veteran restaurateurs Guy Villavaso and Larry Foles (Z'Tejas, Eddie V's Edgewater Grille) have created a fierce seafood-steakhouse combination, which attracts food-loving couples, ladies on a luxurious night out and sexy singles at the bar. Because Wildfish is not as wallet-busting as similar concepts in the area, go ahead and start with a spicy lump crab cake surrounded in a buttery remoulade sauce. If you're in the mood for steak, pick a finely aged filet, rib eye or veal chop.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good seafood in Scottsdale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Had a very nice dinner here while on vacation with my wife. The place has a very cool and dark design on the inside which creates a pretty swanky look. The service was top notch and the food very good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Green Valley, Arizona
“Great Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had great service all night. But, at the prices charged, I expect perfection. My husband ordered the heirloom salad. It was served with a perfect slice of red tomato and a rock hard - unripe green tomato. Surely the kitchen realized the green tomato was not ripe, but served it anyway. Once we complained, our waiter brought out another slice of ripe tomato. The lemon sole was perfect and as described. The crab stuffed shrimp were very spicy - not at all as described on the menu. For me, they were only enjoyable after everything was scrapped off the shrimp and the stuffing was removed. The manager came by, asked if were were enjoyed our meal. I asked him if I misread the menu - he said no, they had just changed the menu and the waiter should have told me. No - I say your menu should be correct. The pineapple upside down cake was delicious. We drove 120 miles to try this restaurant and it didn't live up to my expectations.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Service was very attentive and food was outstanding. Nice selection of appetizers & entrees. Pimeapple upside down cake (flaming) with ice cream added was great too!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, DE
“Grrreat Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Shared jumbo lump crab & avocado appetizer ... delicious, fresh and lovely presentation. Our server (Jorge) had the Fuji apple salad split (always appreciated) ... ingredients complimented one another ... light, not too much cheese or dressing ... refreshing. My husband had the jumbo scallops ... seared to perfection, fantastic! I had the grilled fish special, an Alaskan salmon filet (arctic char). I am fussy about my fish .. this was divine, flawlessly grilled, just the right amount of seasoning.

For dessert we ordered the pineapple upside down cake. I envisioned a cake like my mom used to make in a skillet ... moist yellow cake, round slices of pineapple, caramelized brown sugar top ... We were disappointed. The dessert was overpowered with a carmel sauce, pineapple and cake all were soaked in the sauce. So, try a different dessert and don't miss out on the excellent seafood!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Can't beat this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After a day of travel and spring training games we made our way to Wildfiish, thanks to others here on TripAdvisor. Wow! You really can't beat this place. The ambiance was amazing, as was the decor in the evening light. With no reservation they managed to seat us immediately at a two-top, after we turned down a bar seat. Our waiter Nicolas was first rate and splendid. The menu was full of great choices. I had a swordfish steak that was most excellent, after enjoying a great ceasar salad and a fine appetizer of shrimp/crab. My wife had a lobster bisque that she loved and the wonderful scallops as the main course. Truly a solid place for Scottsdale and quite popular, as the place filled up on a Sunday evening. Just across from Fashion Square Mall, this is in a gem of an area with plenty of parking too! A bit pricey, but really worth every cent spent here. Wildfish Seafood Grille...we can't wait to visit again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food