“Not worth the price” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tandoori Times Indian Bistro

Tandoori Times Indian Bistro
6810 E 5th Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85251 (Downtown Scottsdale)
(480) 794-1404
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Arizona
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am a fan of Indian food and thought the food at Tandoori was alright but not good enough to forget that my chicken tikka masala to go was about $19 including a piece of bread. Usually I have done buffets at Indian restaurants and this was my first time ordering something to go, but I was surprised to find out that it did not come with rice. Having to order and pay for rice separately is like going to an Italian restaurant and finding out that pasta is not included with your alfredo. If the amount of food I got was large enough then no big deal, but it was not enough to justify the price in my opinion. I won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City
“I never knew I could enjoy Indian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I can't eat most Indian food. It does not agree with my system. So, when I was told that our all-day strategic planning meeting would include lunch from this place I despaired. At about 2pm the hunger overtook my caution and I sampled a bit of chicken tikka. I immediately scarfed down four more pieces, consequences be damned. I had some rice and naan as well, just wonderful. I then settled into the afternoon and waited for my stomach to punish me. No vengeance came. Truly delicious and nutritious tasting. Highly recommend!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Westlake Village, California
“Kinda ok place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Been here once for take away. taste of food is not bad. they were about to deliver me a wrong packet then they realize their mistake and gave me the correct packet

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Incredibly delicious and reasonable Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Everything is wonderful here - there were 5 of us and two were vegetarians and everybody found plenty of dishes we could get and share. We had a lamb dish that was a special - ground lamb with spices and some veggies, and chicken korma, and several vegetable dishes - all were unique and totally delicious. Another time I had their grilled lamb appetizer and chili chicken and they were awesome. The chili chicken was quite spicy but I think you could request it milder. They have an outdoor eating area that has heaters, and we went there on a quiet night and they let us bring our dog to lay near our table. They have a good wine selection. The service was excellent and we enjoyed everything about our dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Not upto the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

The complimentary tea was stale, so we ordered a replacement of fresh tea, but they refused saying they were closing, even though there was an hour left for closing. Food was good, but service wasn't as good as expected from a place like this. Would expect more courteous and personalized service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere