“Great place for 21 hikers to eat breakfast after a hike!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Butterfields Pancake House

Butterfields Pancake House
7388 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 (Central Scottsdale)
(480) 951-6002
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 1,067 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Scottsdale
Surprise, Arizona
“Great place for 21 hikers to eat breakfast after a hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our hiking club went to Butterfield's for breakfast after our very early morning hike. We called ahead to let them know we were coming and although they don't take reservations they accommodated us very, very well. The service was excellent, our waiter wonderful and the food was amazing. The variety of selections and the quality of the food was excellent. The fresh orange juice was a real treat. Very nice restaurant, clean, very positive and enjoyable staff. Will return as often as possible.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Pleasant morning gathering place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Located in central Scottsdale, this location provides a delicious, well priced and pleasantly served meal for breakfast and lunch. I have eaten here often. The space can be noisy when crowded. Wait times are generally miniimal; however at peak times, there can be a fairly long wait. The restaurant is popular. The food is delicious, served promptly and with good eye appeal. Menu is varied.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paradise Valley, Arizona
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Friends told us about this for years, however, we never got the chance to try it. We loved it and wish we would have tried it sooner. Though you might have to wait for a table the food and service is worth the wait!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, CO
“Believe the good reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

After a short (5 minutes) wait, we were whisked to our table on a busy Saturday morning. At length, we made our choices off the expansive menu and barely had time to crack open the WSJ before our meals arrived. We both ordered the Popeye Scrambler and found the portion size to be "pleasantly modest" (my husband's assessment) and a little too much (my assessment). The Protein Power Cakes were a nice complement to our egg dishes and were appropriately sized, unlike the dinner plate-sized pancakes served in most American restaurants. Our server, Mariko, was cheerful and efficient, and the atmosphere was busy but not cacophonous. Our sole disappointment was the dearth of truly healthy choice on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“No way to treat customers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I want to share with you an incident that occurred on April 15 at the Scottsdale Butterfield’s. I have enjoyed this restaurant with excellent customer service especially during busy times. That’s why I continue to eat there. However after today’s incident, I have second thoughts.

Today I came with my Aunt and friend at noon. We were seated right away. I understand the kitchen gets backed during this period but receiving our food at 1:30 is totally unacceptable. I have never waiting this long for the food to be served.

I ordered a turkey burger which came out half cooked. I spoke to our server that it needed to be sent back and rather than having the kitchen properly cook the burger she sent the manager over. Chris is the manager and told me that they cook all their burgers medium. In fact, he was quite rude. I assume your managers receive proper training in etiquette but one “must have slipped through the cracks.” I believe he has a problem understanding the difference between a hamburger and turkey burger. A turkey burger needs to be cooked all the way through and he was arguing with me that that it was. It wasn’t!

After waiting another half hour to get my new turkey burger, I did get one that was cooked through. The server understood I was quite irritated over the entire incident and yet she failed to comp the burger as a way of saying they were sorry. To my surprise, the bill came and was charge for the burger. Again the manager came over and expressed under no circumstances would they take the charge off. REALLY???? Never mind that we had to wait over an hour to get the food that was not properly cooked.

After expressing my displeasure with Chris that I would not be coming back, his response was “that was my choice.” Is that how your managers treat customers?

There was no need for his behavior. I’m paying for an enjoyable meal with good service. What happened to trying to please your customers? No I was not looking for a free lunch, but the inconvenience and the arrogance of the management should not be tolerated by anyone.

I have sent a copy to the Corporate Headquarters. It will be interesting to see if I get any response

• Visited April 2014