“Great bartender ” 5 of 5 stars

+1 480-404-9984
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bootleggers Modern American Smokehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #197 of 1,023 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bistro, Brew Pub
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
Good for: Large groups, Outdoor seating
“Great bartender ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stopped for drinks, Kevin the bartender was great. Full of very good information. Lots of great beers also. Stop here. Food smelled amazing.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“I'm going back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This smokehouse has a beautiful decor and incredible smoked meats. We had the nachos - the brisket was falling apart, flavorful and decadent. We had a variety of sandwiches including house-smoked turkey melt, burger, pulled pork and brisket - everyone was happy. I can say the pulled pork was some of the best I've had. We sat in the bar and the bartender was a great server - fun, made good recommendations and was attentive. We also had a view of the smoker in action out on the patio - it's the real deal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gilbert, Arizona
“Good food, Ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

After spending 7 months in Austin, I had become spoiled with great BBQ and wanted to find a good place close to home. I must say that the place has a great atmosphere and does give you the feel of being in an old speakeasy. I loved the brick and the giant mirrors and overall feel of the place. I decided to sit at the bar and the place wasn't that crowded. The bartender greeted me and presented me with a menu right away and that seemed to be the end of our interaction. I ordered the brisket and the mashed potatoes. The portion size on both was perfect and the meat was well cooked and the sauce added to the flavor however the meat itself wasn't hot enough for me. The potatoes were good but lacked any seasoning and I am assuming they would prefer you add the salt and pepper yourself. However, what I was disappointed with, was the fact I was sitting at the bar with an empty glass for 15 minutes and not once did the bartender ask if I wanted a refill even though it was clear I was still eating. Other groups came in and she made sure to get them. I only got a refill when I finally asked for my check. That shouldn't happen and overall my experience was a pleasant however next time I will get a table.

Visited June 2014
“Great atmosphere, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a great little restaurant and bar. All the food is smoked, so the flavor is fantastic. The wait staff is very knowledgable about the menu, and not at all bashful about making recommendations. And they don't just recommend the highest price menu item.

We were very pleased with the brisket and the burgers!

Definitely give this place a shot if you are looking for red meat and a smokey taste while in Scottsdale.

Visited June 2014
Palm Desert, California
“Just average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This restaurant had good reviews but we found the food to be just average. Staff friendly, service good. We would not return.

Visited May 2014