“Retro Elegance and Enchanting” 5 of 5 stars

Stay2Play Package
Ranked #8 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Retro Elegance and Enchanting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I went there with my Husband for his work holiday party (ClubMed). This charming renovated hotel is tucked away in old town Scottsdale off main street. As I was getting out of the car, the valet took my hand to help me and bowed. They ased our names, reason for visit, and escourted us through the beautifully clean modern retro decorated plaa and a very busy elegant bar area evevated and in a semi-circle. The architecture was clean, simple, open, each room integrated and complemented the other, a beauty. So we were escourted on the elevator to the roof where the party was held. Wow...... Everwhere you looked all you could see views of the entire city. The staff immediately started walking around with decant orderves, civichi, broche, various cheeses, breads, pot pie on small spoons, tea sandwishes, etc. Everything delectable. Staff overly attentive and pleasent. It was a romantic and magical evening I will never forget.

Room Tip: We went for a work holiday party, we did not stay in a room so I do not know.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time at the hotel! You may want to visit us for New Year's Eve - we're hosting a four-course dinner in ZuZu, dancing, and a Champagne toast on the rooftop at midnight. Thank you for your comments.

800 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Our first room had a little bit of a musty smell, when we let them know they moved us to a new room without question. It was a wonderful room with a pool view. The staff was very friendly, the fitness room was very clean with nice equipment. The entire hotel was clean. The pool area was very nice and the bar staff very accommodating. Our flight left at 5:30 PM so we asked for a late check out and they let us stay until 2:00. Great place, great location, with friendly staff. We were there for business and pleasure and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views. Building 5 was a little close to the road so I could hear road noi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
I apologize for the musty room smell - our housekeeping team is very diligent and works to ensure all guest rooms are spotless and smelling fresh. Thank you for your review, and come see us again!
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Traveled to Scottsdale on business for a conference at the Hotel Valley Ho. Very cool place! 1960's decor and very well maintained. Pool area is great, as is the hotel bar and outdoor fire pit area. Staff was friendly, courteous, and attentive. Also very close to Old Town Scottsdale and a variety of restaurants, bars, and shopping. We did not eat in the restaurant, but did have some snacks outside by the firepit. The onion straws were excellent! Good place to stay if you're tired of the chain hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I definitely recommend a meal in ZuZu if you see us again (and we hope you do). Happy holidays!
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Vally Ho has great service, very hip style in a great location. Walking distance from the Artwalk, shops and great restaurants. The pool is heated to 81 degrees and the bed is super soft! We enjoyed breakfast at ZuZu which also serves lunch and dinner. The lounge is chill and offers a nighty happy hour.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review! It sounds like you had a fun time in Scottsdale. Come and see us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Retro decor hotel with a really fun atmosphere. Spacious room, decorated with vintage toys...slinky, etch a sketch and Jenga. Brought back great memories of years gone by. Excellent staff from the time you arrive from the valet on... A memorable stay. Must have been a large party on Friday night. Noisy group coming and going from 2:30 a.m. til after 3:00. Other nights, very quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad you had a fun stay at the hotel! We appreciate your comments.
Cadillac, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. I booked a good deal through Orbitz and had a wonderful stay while I was in AZ on business. I absolutely love the Frank Sinatra meets the Jetson's decor of this hotel. The rooms are very comfy and really blow you back to the 60's. The food at the restaurant there was also very good. The staff was really friendly and made sure you had everything you needed. I went out to the pool area to read while my room was being made up and the bartender at the pool brought me a nice big glass of water without me even asking for it. Would highly recommend this hotel for a unique get away experience. I went and got a body massage in the spa and it was one of the best I have ever had, they were running a sale and it cost $75.00 which I thought was a very good price for a 60 minute. If you look really close at the hotel exterior you will see that it has been around for awhile but I really feel like they have taken good care of it since it was built in the 50's and have gone to great lengths to ensure that the interior is up to date and clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you were able to experience our spa. The massage therapists there are definitely great! We hope you will visit us again soon.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is one of the greatest hotels I have discovered. Love the mid century design. The food was excellent, vallete guys were great, room service was fast and fresh and the pool staff were fun and friendly. The only complaint I would have was the bar staff seemed a little unfriendly even at slow times. I did read some of the bad reviews on trip adviser and can't understand why it was so awfull for these people, but my experiance was one of the best.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Kristin_Heggli, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Valley Ho, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We appreciate your review! I'd love some additional information about your experience at the bar so we can review any issues with our restaurant team. We hope to see you again.

Been to Hotel Valley Ho? Share your experiences!