If you are looking for a quality hotel away from town that has a golf course, pool, restaurant, and casino then you will be pleased with the Radisson Fort Mcdowell. When you first see the hotel from the road it appears rather dark & drab but I believe they were trying to design it to be part of the landscape. It's on the Yavapai Indian Reservation. Hence the casino right next door. There's a lovely, open aired feeling lobby as you enter the hotel. We arrived at 3PM, not knowing check in is actually not til 4PM. We had to wait for our room to be cleaned. At 4PM it still was not ready so they graciously offered us an upgraded room.
Everything about the hotel looked relatively new. The room was very clean and modern. My only complaint about the room was the step in tub/shower needed a bathmat in the tub. It was very slippery. We made do with a towel on the tub floor to prevent slipping!
The pool was very crowded but it was over July 4th with lots of families. The water looked cloudy so was not conducive to swimming. We only went one time. There's a bar at the pool which is nice but VERY $$$. 2 drink "specials" cost $20....We played golf at the We Ko Pa course which is part of the property. It's a very popular course, actually 2 courses but one was closed for maintenance. We enjoyed the Saguaro Course. It is very convenient to the hotel. We went to the casino a couple of times. It looks nice & it's just a short walk from the hotel but do NOT expect to win anything. I hardly saw anyone at the cashier window!!! We had dinner 2 nights at the Anhala restaurant. It's pricey but both dinners were delicious.
All in all I would recommend the Radisson as a quality hotel. It's a nice place but it's very secluded, away from everything so you are limited to just the hotel's amenities. We went into Scottsdale one night for dinner which was approx a 1/2 hr drive from the hotel. Fountain Hills is the town nearby. We drove there to see the famous fountain. It's a rather small bedroom community to Scottsdale with some restaurants. It's approx 10 min from the hotel. You will enjoy the hotel if you don't mind staying just on the hotel property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center offers 248 upscale guest rooms and suites and is 100% smoke-free. Guest rooms come with luxurious amenities such as 32-inch LCD HGTVs, spacious bathrooms, plush Simmons beds and large windows with mountain, pool or golf course views. Guests can enjoy a variety of on-site features including a heated resort pool, a full-service spa, exclusive access to the We-Ko-Pa Golf Club and a full casino with various games and activities. Also located within the hotel are a variety of scrumptious restaurants, including the savory Ahnala Mesquite Room. The We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center is conveniently located 30 minutes outside of downtown Phoenix and Phoenix Sky High International Airport, making it the perfect hotel choice for both leisure and business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Fort Mcdowell Resort And Casino
- Radisson Fort Mcdowell Hotel Scottsdale
- Radisson Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Radisson