“GREAT, HELPFUL, FRIENDLY STAFF” 5 of 5 stars
Review of We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center

You added We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10438 North Fort McDowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85264 (Formerly Radisson Fort McDowell Resort & Casino)   |
Special Rate
Grand Opening Rate
Ranked #46 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
hoover1011
“GREAT, HELPFUL, FRIENDLY STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My husband and I found ourselves at this hotel in the, what seemed to be in the middle of the dessert. We thought we were going to be downtown as we were in Scottsdale for the Barrett Jackson car auction and wanted to be close to the show. I made the reservation and majorly screwed up as the reservation indicated no cancellation or refunds. CARLA MEDINA-REEVES AND CHRIS WEAVER went over and above to help us get where we needed to be. They did not charge us, they looked for a hotel for us and even gave us free shuttle to where we needed to be. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL!!! I know that when i go back for rest, relaxation and fun this is where I need to go. I'm looking forward to actually staying there, maybe there are really no accidents...probably would have never knew the place was there and how beautiful it really is.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cbenell, Front Office Manager at We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the great review. It was our pleasure to assist in getting you to the correct Hotel. We look forward to you staying at our beautiful resort in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Enjoyed staying here. Modern and clean. Had a suite with an interconnecting room for the family so very comfortable. Nice kitchenette. restaurant surprisingly good . surrounds are gorgeous. Didn't venture to casino as don't like them. Great base for Scottsdale and Phoenix without the heft y prices of some places. I would definitely come back here,

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
cbenell, Front Office Manager at We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our beautiful suite room with connecting room. I too agree the grounds are gorgeous. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

First of all, the Radisson is a beautiful resort, which seems like it smack in the middle of nowhere in the Arizona desert. It has some great views as well as some unique features. The room was pretty standard, with nice, firm beds that definitely condone sleep. However, I think my room may have had a mold issue. There was mildew in the corner of the shower, and I felt like I was getting more and more sick when I spent time in the room. Aside from that, the rest of my stay was just fine.
On my last day, a piece of paper slid under my door. It was a bill from the resort: $10 for "resort fees." I'm not too sure what that was about, especially since I didn't even take advantage of maid service, keeping my "do not disturb" sign hanging on my door at all times. Multiply that by the several hundred rooms they must have, and they are scoring an extra couple thousand dollars a week, estimated. I'm not sure if that is standard practice or what, but watch out for that if you stay here.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room next to a suite... my company rented a suite as a gathering room for all of ou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Very pretty landscape! Rooms were nice and quiet. Had a first floor room with a patio and nice view of the desert. Had breakfast at the Ahnala restaurant and it was yummy. Wasn't a big fan of the buffet in the casino though...the waitress wasn't very nice and the food was just so-so. I would definitely stay here again though!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Volo, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you want to be more in the AZ terrain, stay at the Radisson Fort McDowell. Out on a reserve, this nicely decorated hotel will give you a luxury feel and a value. The views are spectacular with wildlife surrounding the hotel. Not unusual to see horses, cattle, and coyote. The rock and wood decor make this hotel feel high end. Connected to a meeting hall and casino, most people staying here will business or gamblers. Caution: the casino is extremely smoking as its the first in AZ. But if you want to get away from the hussle of Phoenix and Scottsdale and be able to swim and walk under the stars, this is the place. The stars are amazing. They also have a golf course on site. If you ever think about a Radisson, stay here. Its not your traditional Radisson.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

No complaints with this hotel. I expected it to be much more expensive and not as nice since its right next to a casino. Instead, I found a great rate, the room was nice and it was fun to be walking distance from the casino (especially at night). The staff was nice and I was able to get an early check in without a problem. The rooms were nice and the beds were super comfy. As a side note, I highly recommend the buffet inside the casino - delicious! There are also some cheaper deli-like places and a sushi bar inside the casino that serve great food as well. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The views from this hotel are awesome! Hotel is located several miles outside of town - which can be a plus or minus depending on your needs. My husband and I spent 5 nights here in January. We had a suite with a patio - nice place to enjoy a drink & the view! Rooms are clean, bed was comfortable and decor is tastefully done. Hotel is next door to a casino with a few dining choices. Food was okay but service was slow! We ate in town most of the time. Hotel staff is friendly and were especially accommodating when we had a problem with our bill.
Cons - distance from town; housekeeping was inconsistent on cleaning time (The first morning they wanted to clean our room at 8:30 am! We were on different time zone & tired from traveling. Other mornings it might be 11:00 before they cleaned)
That being said, it isn't much to complain about! Its a wonderful place to stay and we would definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing pool have a fabulous view! Other side faces parking lot :( with desert beyond
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!