“Amazing customer service sets this hotel apart!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 78 Hotels in Scottsdale
South Dakota
“Amazing customer service sets this hotel apart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We travel to Scottsdale every year in February, and have stayed at many local hotels. This was such a lovely stay at the Wingate, that I was motivated to write them a glowing review. After booking the hotel via a travel website, I emailed the manager to request a few specifics (mini fridge and microwave), and she emailed me back promptly, was very friendly and welcoming, and followed through 110% in recognizing our requests. Upon arrival, we found that the location was superb, with very close access to the 101 and West World, but also very quiet and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay, with two of them going far above and beyond expectations. Elizabeth, who hostesses in the morning during breakfast, was just lovely. She kept everything fresh and clean, and responded to any requests with graciousness. You can tell that she truly loves her job, and it shows. And a maid named Bianca, when responding to a request for more tea bags in the room, came back with not only additional tea bags, but had brewed two cups of tea, which she served to us while we were cuddled in our beds, warming up. Truly above and beyond!
A few more details... The breakfast is good for a hotel breakfast. (Not amazing, but good.) Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit mix, cereals, rolls and muffins available each day. The beds are AMAZING! I could stay in bed all day at this place!! And four pillows on each bed - lovely. Nice big rooms. Nice clean exercise room. Pretty outside pool area. Overall, this was a great place to stay, set apart particularly by the customer service. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear Kkwinwy,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale. I always love hearing the unique little ways my staff is able to connect with our guests and truly make their stay memorable. I am glad to hear that Elizabeth and Bianca were able to provide such excellent customer service for you, and that you were so comfortable in our luxurious beds with your hot tea! We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

480.922.6500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

The hotel staff and accommodations are excellent. The suites with a fireplace and deck are particular nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear JFS1976,

Thank you for reviewing the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! I am glad you enjoyed our "High Roller" Suite with the fireplace and balcony that also includes a kitchenette with cooktop stove living room area and separate King bedroom. They are definitely a guest favorite at our hotel!

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I got this hotel on hotwire so I didn't know I was staying there until I purchased. Initially I wasn't happy getting an average chain hotel but when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and my room was a good size and more modern than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in. The breakfast was great too offering a choice of hot or cold instead of regular continental. My only negatives were the location (a little too out of the way but close to a freeway that has heavy traffic), the wi-fi internet that often got disconnected and the fitness room which had only a few machines, one of which was out of order. Other than that, a great hotel!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Gypsy604,

Thank you for your review of the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale! It is great to hear that you were pleasantly suprised with our gem in the center of the Scottsdale business park. I am sorry that our elliptical machine was out of order during your stay, but am very happy to report that we have ALL NEW FITNESS EQUIPMENT being delivered this week. Our new equipment will include 2 elliptical machines, 1 treadmill, and a bike which will each have LCD screens for our guests' viewing pleasure while working out! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

The service at this place is more than you get in a 5 star hotel. Decor is contemporary and everything looks well kept and clean. Comfortable, amenities are all at the hotel such as gym, great pool, continental breakfast that the staff keeps full and fresh. Definitely will stay here next time we are in Scottsdale. O'yeah, free wi-fi and parking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear TCsftravels,

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel with future guests! I am happy to hear that you were able to experience so much of what our great hotel and staff has to offer. We look forward to your next stay with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale...and be sure to ask for me at the Front Desk so that I can thank you in person!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed for three nights on a business trip and the hotel was flawless. The room and the rest of the facility were clean and without any maintenance problems (they tend to bother me so I look for them). The staff was attentive both mornings and late evening. The free breakfast was healthy and easy. The room was quiet and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable. The desk was large and useable and the internet was free and easy to access.

I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, responded to this review, December 3, 2010
Dear SomebodysDad,

Thank you for sharing your satisfactory experience at the Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, where you can "Count on Us" to deliver on our commitment to exceptional service and all-inclusive ammenities to all of our guests! We look forward to welcoming you again during your next business trip to Scottsdale!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

When I checked in I was greeted by Scott who was pleasant and went out of his way to help us find things to do in the area! He assisted us with our luggage because we were there for surgery at the Laser Spine Institute. We never even had to ask! Latasha was on her toes with breakfast! Nothing ran out and it all stayed so clean and nice. I never ran into a rude person at this hotel and I would defiantly stay here again! After a long trip it is so refreshing to be greeted with such happiness and hospitality! The only suggestion I could say would be to have better signs on the property because it's hard to see at night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
ScottsdaleWingateGM, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
Dear Spookyin21,
Thank you for your kind review! I am so happy that you were able to count on Scott, LaTasha, and the rest of our Team for exceptional service. We are very familiar with patients' needs from the Laser Spine Institute, and are happy to help in any way to ensure your comfort in a speedy recovery! I completely understand your difficulty in seeing our Wingate signs, as I myself had a hard time locating our property on my first day! This is because City of Scottsdale ordinances mandate signage size and placement on businesses throughout the city in order to protect its beauty and natural landscape. For future travelers, I recommend searching for the building number (14255) which appears on the top right hand corners of the buildings in the Scottsdale business park where we are located. And please, don't hesitate to call us directly at 480.922.6500...it would be our pleasure to direct you turn by turn!

Norwich, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I am overlooking small things here, like a leaking coffee maker or the lack of a dedicated fan, heater or light in/for the shower, in favor of warning travelers about the crippled Internet.

Never have I ever seen this. I have spent 1 hour with their tech support at Lodgenet, and Nick & Todd verified that the site disconnects ports that transfer over 2mb. So any transfer, video, slingbox, _anything_ stops at exactly 2mb.

Now I am not against this, as silly as it is, but I am against failing to disclose this problem. If Windham wants to give low speed connections to their hotels, and then throttle them back by kicking connections, that is their right.

What I am angry about is that they knew about this when I booked (over the phone), when I checked in, and when I complained to the front desk. This is the opposite of full disclosure, and if you read the promos in the rooms about their wonderful connectivity offered you'd feel it was more like bait and switch.

Be warned: If you need Internet connectivity, do not book your stay here.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Trainor,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with our fellow travelers! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience your incurred with your Lodgenet internet connectivity during your stay. I have personally investigated this problem with Lodgenet and have discovered that you were unfortunately given inaccurate information from the tech support line. At the first of the year we actually performed a costly upgrade for our internet service in order to provide exceptional connectivity for our business travelers to be able to "stay connected" during their stay. I have verified that there is not a block for maximum download capabilities per guest. We have many guests who are able to download or stream movies with no difficulty on a regular basis, so I sincerely apologize that you were not able to take advantage of the same opportunity. I do hope that we get the opportunity to welcome you again in the future so that you can receive the full Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale experience. Please ask for me during your next stay so that I may personally welcome you myself!

480.922.6500

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Scottsdale? Share your experiences!